Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vitex agnus-castus

4 posters

Go down

Vitex agnus-castus Empty Vitex agnus-castus

Post  Andrija Zokic Sat May 28, 2011 3:10 pm

This is our new tree. As we know, this species is rare as bonsai. Does anybody has experience with these species?
More photos here: http://www.animabonsai.com/2011/05/this-is-not-cannabis/

Vitex agnus-castus 1110
Andrija Zokic
Andrija Zokic

Back to top Go down

Vitex agnus-castus Empty Re: Vitex agnus-castus

Post  dorothy7774 Sat May 28, 2011 6:18 pm

My gosh, how beautiful! Congrats on the find!

-dorothy
dorothy7774
dorothy7774

Back to top Go down

Post  Randy_Davis Sat May 28, 2011 7:04 pm

Andrija Zokic wrote:This is our new tree. As we know, this species is rare as bonsai. Does anybody has experience with these species?

Andrija,

Great find! I have only seen one other example of Vitex agnus-castus used as bonsai. I will be intrested in following your progress on this tree for sure. I would love to see it with a full canopy and in flower. Now that would be something to see indeed!!!!!!! They are quick growing and rather hardy so you should not have a problem with it's development. The trick is getting the timing down on canopy pinching during the growing season yet still get flowers to form. There are other Vitex that have been used such as Vitex rotundifolia a tropical but even those are rather rare in Bonsai.

ta ta for now,
Randy
p.s. I'll remmeber your tree and someday ask you for a photo of it for the ABS reference Image Library
Randy_Davis
Randy_Davis

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Sat May 28, 2011 7:27 pm

Andria,

In Taiwan, about ten years ago, Vitex negundo was commonly used as bonsai. Here in Puerto Rico, we have had experience with Vitex agnos castus with fair results. Also, Sam Lee of Hawaii has very good Vitex rotundifolia.

Kind regards,

Jose Luis
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrija Zokic Sun May 29, 2011 12:24 pm

Thanks for informations.
Yes, flowers will be very interesting, but first I want that tree become very healthy.
Andrija Zokic
Andrija Zokic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down