Common spicebush, Lindera benzoin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Common spicebush, Lindera benzoin

Post  Tom Simonyi on Tue May 17, 2011 5:54 pm

I am posting for a fellow grower...he is interested in trying to collect this species for bonsai culture. It is native to his area (northern West Virginia). Has anyone had any experience with it? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Tom Simonyi

Tom Simonyi

Back to top Go down

Re: Common spicebush, Lindera benzoin

Post  Randy_Davis on Tue May 17, 2011 7:05 pm

Tom Simonyi wrote:I am posting for a fellow grower...he is interested in trying to collect this species for bonsai culture. It is native to his area (northern West Virginia). Has anyone had any experience with it? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Tom Simonyi

Tom,

I have not used this material yet but it's been on my list of things to try. It has many nice qualities for a year around tree. Lovely fowers in the spring, good summer foliage and fall berries if you can keep the birds away from it. I would suspect that finding a large trunk will be rather difficult but certainly not impossible. I'd love to hear about any progress. Another Native that I'm trying is American Bittersweet (Celastrus scandens) a vine which grows in abundance here in Kentucky in the woods and should have many good qualities like Lindera.

Randy_Davis

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Simonyi on Tue May 17, 2011 7:17 pm

Many thanks, Randy...I will pass this info. on.
Regards,
Tom

Tom Simonyi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:50 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum