Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11

5 posters

Go down

Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11 Empty Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11

Post  Neil Jaeger Sun May 15, 2011 1:21 pm

This is the first show i have been involved in, and we were going to have bonsai, then pre bonsai on another table. But with the weather we have been having we didn't have enuff trees to fill the bonsai table (my crab apple still has no flowers). A lot of people couldn't show any trees because they just had no leaves yet. Here are the trees we ended up having, hope you guys enjoy. My tree is the last larch. (picture before last).

Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11 Sdc12410

Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11 Sdc12411

Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11 Sdc12412

Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11 Sdc12413

Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11 Sdc12310

Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11 Sdc12311

Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11 Sdc12312

Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11 Sdc12313

Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11 Sdc12314

Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11 Sdc12315

Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11 Sdc12316

Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11 Sdc12317

Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11 Sdc12318

Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11 Sdc12319

Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11 Sdc12320

Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11 Sdc12321

Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11 Sdc12322

Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11 Sdc12323

Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11 Sdc12324

Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11 Sdc12325

These are some of the trees that thr club takes care of also at the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical gardens.

Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11 Sdc12414

Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11 Sdc12415

Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11 Sdc12416

Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11 Sdc12417

Neil Jaeger
Neil Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11 Empty Re: Buffalo Bonsai Society Show '11

Post  Jeremy Sun May 15, 2011 1:54 pm

Hi Neil,
Thank you for posting the show.

All the picture appear to be just a little ariel in their viewpoint.
I have a personal question, are you very tall, or are the tables at the show low?

Thank you again.
Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Jaeger Sun May 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Jeremy wrote:Hi Neil,
Thank you for posting the show.

All the picture appear to be just a little ariel in their viewpoint.
I have a personal question, are you very tall, or are the tables at the show low?

Thank you again.

Jeremy, sorry for the pictures being alittle high. This was my first show and i am always learning about the art and how to photograph. I am 6 ft. tall so i guess the tables are to low. Also we dont really have alot of active members, so we work with what we have. Wait till you see the pictures from the show next week. Its the Upstate Bonsai Soceity show in Rochester NY. This is the club Bill Valavanis is in and this club has some AMAZING trees. I can't wait.

Neil
Neil Jaeger
Neil Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Sun May 15, 2011 7:00 pm

Hi,
Well done on a fine first show.
Great start.

I look forwards to seeing the Upstate Bonsai Soceity show posted here.
Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post  dick benbow Sun May 15, 2011 7:57 pm

weather has been a probem everywhere! We have a show today at the Japanese gardens and it's poring rain.
(big surprise in seattle,huh) I always appreciate seeing photo coverage of the show so thank-you for taking the time and making the effort. I was born in buffalo but have been on the west coast since my Armed service days.

Thought many of the trees were nicely shown off on some pretty stands.
dick benbow
dick benbow

Back to top Go down

Post  Ian Young Mon May 16, 2011 10:49 pm

Great first show Neil, well done. Dance
Ian Young
Ian Young

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Jaeger Tue May 17, 2011 1:59 pm

Ian Young wrote:Great first show Neil, well done. Dance

Thanks Ian, it was a great experiance. I know that most of these trees are not "bonsai" (finished). But i am glad that the club allowed us to show the trees that we did. We had alot of people come up and ask alot of question and i really think we might have some new members.

Neil
Neil Jaeger
Neil Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post  Ian Young Tue May 17, 2011 2:38 pm

Neil Jaeger wrote:

Thanks Ian, it was a great experiance. I know that most of these trees are not "bonsai" (finished). But i am glad that the club allowed us to show the trees that we did. We had alot of people come up and ask alot of question and i really think we might have some new members.

Neil
It's a hard task to pitch the bonsai at the right level at these shows. Sometimes, for a club, it's better to show a wider range of bonsai to encourage new members. If the trees are all 'high end', it can put people off as they think it's out of their league. We all want to see top quality trees at shows, I know I do, but you have to think about what the show is trying to achieve and who it's pitched at. We have one coming up and we will be looking at a good mix of trees both for the more experienced club members and the general public alike. Even the demo material will be varied to show what can be achieved.
Ian Young
Ian Young

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Jaeger Tue May 17, 2011 5:10 pm

Ian Young wrote:
Neil Jaeger wrote:

Neil
It's a hard task to pitch the bonsai at the right level at these shows. Sometimes, for a club, it's better to show a wider range of bonsai to encourage new members. If the trees are all 'high end', it can put people off as they think it's out of their league. We all want to see top quality trees at shows, I know I do, but you have to think about what the show is trying to achieve and who it's pitched at. We have one coming up and we will be looking at a good mix of trees both for the more experienced club members and the general public alike. Even the demo material will be varied to show what can be achieved.

Well said, about the "out of peoples league" i agree it does make it seem impossible to people. Hope to see some pictures from your show.

Neil
Neil Jaeger
Neil Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 17, 2011 6:16 pm

The two first marples are very pretty Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Jones Tue May 17, 2011 6:26 pm

Well done Neil; a first show is not easy; I should know I decided to contribute to my first ever last year. Nice to see uniform ID cards with each tree. I wish our club would do the same. pale We have ours again next weekend and I have been asked to show again; beavering away making slices and getting the subjects ready.

Mike
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Ian Young Tue May 17, 2011 6:29 pm

Mike Jones wrote:Well done Neil; a first show is not easy; I should know I decided to contribute to my first ever last year. Nice to see uniform ID cards with each tree. I wish our club would do the same. pale We have ours again next weekend and I have been asked to show again; beavering away making slices and getting the subjects ready.

Mike

Are you sure it's next weekend Mike jocolor
Ian Young
Ian Young

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Jones Tue May 17, 2011 6:32 pm

Ian Young wrote:
Mike Jones wrote:Well done Neil; a first show is not easy; I should know I decided to contribute to my first ever last year. Nice to see uniform ID cards with each tree. I wish our club would do the same. pale We have ours again next weekend and I have been asked to show again; beavering away making slices and getting the subjects ready.

Mike

Now yer just taking the rise out of me you bad man you lol!
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Ian Young Tue May 17, 2011 6:34 pm

Mike Jones wrote:
Ian Young wrote:

Mike

Now yer just taking the rise out of me you bad man you lol!

Sorry Mike could resist geek
Ian Young
Ian Young

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down