Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report

+17
Mark>
marcus watts
Damienindesert
fM
john5555leonard
ponsmaldo
moyogijohn
Rob Kempinski
Todd Ellis
Ravi Kiran
ndleong
ogi uyehara
cosmos
xuan le
fiona
Mangku
Billy M. Rhodes
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Empty Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report

Post  Guest Thu May 05, 2011 1:51 pm

Dear IBC,

Some Advanced photos of the 2011 Philippine Bonsai Society Inc Exhibit

I am proud to report the progress of Philippine bonsai, We are getting more varieties in terms of species and the designs are much much better than the previous years...

The designs are turning more natural looking, different from that of the Indonesian style or Taiwanese and Chinese or Europeans... I think we are heading on the right bearing...Filipino design.

I took the photos at random shots without separating good trees from the not so that everybody can see the true spirit of the exhibition.
Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Dsc_1342

Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Dsc_1343

Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Dsc_1344

Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Dsc_1345

Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Dsc_1346

Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Dsc_1347

Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Dsc_1348

Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Dsc_1349

Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Dsc_1350

Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Dsc_1351

Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Dsc_1352

Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Dsc_1267

Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Dsc_1353

Judging by the respected Masters from Taiwan ends at Dusk...

I am also proud to announced that the guy who got the best in show is a fellow IBC member but I wont spoil the fun for him until he got the award.

more to follow.......

regards,
jun

Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Dsc_1355
Smile

Last edited by jun on Fri May 06, 2011 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Empty Re: Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Thu May 05, 2011 2:48 pm

Great exhibit and trees. What is location. Looks like a shrine, with a World War II memorial.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Empty Re: Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report

Post  Mangku Thu May 05, 2011 2:51 pm

Thank Jun, for sharing pictures Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report 582674
Filipino Style/design, yes I am agree because your trees looks have strong character
Bravooo...!

Greeting from Palembang-Indonesia

Mangku
Mangku
Mangku

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Thu May 05, 2011 2:55 pm

And a Starbucks, interesting mixture. BTW, a shop in Nazareth, Palestinian West Bank, Israel.

Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Img_6510

Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 05, 2011 3:14 pm

Hi Billy the location is in Quezon city Metro Manila...within a mall terrace garden. City life here revolves around malls, FYI metro manila got the most number of malls per square kilometer, and we got some of the biggest malls in the world. Even bonsai events here were held mostly in malls, we even got hospitals and churches inside the malls and in this case General Douglas Mac Arthur mock shrine.

regards,
jun Smile

Mangku,

thanks!
Watch out for more photos...the exhibit were not yet formally open. I just took snap shots for IBC...stolen shots, as payment for my damaged trees. hehehe.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Thu May 05, 2011 3:14 pm

jun wrote: Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Dsc_1353

Your baby isn't it? Looks really good.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 05, 2011 3:18 pm

No Fiona! It's an IBC baby. the one we played and have fun with...didn't turn out bad at all. and Thank you guys!

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  xuan le Thu May 05, 2011 8:12 pm

Nice exhibition with good looking trees, is the one with #85b yours? It looks like the one you posted on this forum.
Thanks for sharing

Xuan

xuan le

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmos Thu May 05, 2011 8:14 pm

Hi Jun
Thanks for sharing. Your trees look stunting especially the cascade; very artistic and modern display. I like it very much. Keep us posted please. And have fun.

Cosmos
cosmos
cosmos

Back to top Go down

Post  ogi uyehara Fri May 06, 2011 4:42 am

thanks for the upload
ogi uyehara
ogi uyehara

Back to top Go down

Post  ndleong Fri May 06, 2011 5:04 am

Vow.. really nice trees. Mostly sizeable. Congrats to Manila.
ndleong
ndleong

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravi Kiran Fri May 06, 2011 6:14 am

Hey Jun,

Thanks for posting the pics. Shall look forward to more. BTW how many trees are being exhibited. I ask this because you mention that the venue is a mall and I guess that would restrict the number of exhibits. All the best to you and a little sad to hear that some of your trees got damaged Sad

Keep the pics coming...

Ravi
Ravi Kiran
Ravi Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Fri May 06, 2011 12:01 pm

Jun, great pictures and beautiful trees. Your tree in the jar looks great and I like the way you set your display.
More pics please! Very Happy
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Fri May 06, 2011 5:51 pm

jun wrote:

Watch out for more photos...the exhibit were not yet formally open. I just took snap shots for IBC...stolen shots, as payment for my damaged trees. hehehe.

regards,
jun Smile

Trees look good. What happened to yours? How did they get damaged?
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Empty philipine bonsai society 2011 exhibit report

Post  moyogijohn Fri May 06, 2011 7:31 pm

Thank you JUN,, The trees look very very nice!!! I like your tree and display a lot!! i know you are haveing a great time so keep us posted..good work tale care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Fri May 06, 2011 8:19 pm

Rob Kempinski wrote: Trees look good. What happened to yours? How did they get damaged?
Rob, see the las few posts on Jun's other thread HERE
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Fri May 06, 2011 8:42 pm

fiona wrote:
Rob Kempinski wrote: Trees look good. What happened to yours? How did they get damaged?
Rob, see the las few posts on Jun's other thread HERE

Thanks Fiona, I missed that.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 07, 2011 12:23 am

Critique session

Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Dsc_1362

Phempis acidula
Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Dsc_1356

Maba buxifolia
Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Dsc_1357

Phempis acidula
Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Dsc_1360

Some of the awarded trees

Blue bell- Desmodium
Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Dsc_1358

Ficus m.
Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Dsc_1359

Streblus asper
Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Dsc_1361

Back to top Go down

Post  ponsmaldo Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:19 am

thanx for the post very inspiring thumbs up
ponsmaldo
ponsmaldo

Back to top Go down

Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Empty philippine exhibit

Post  john5555leonard Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:38 am

hi jun, great trees, i sometimes think i moved to the wrong country. regards john

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  fM Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:36 am

Wow! awesome trees! tnx for sharing Jun!
fM
fM

Back to top Go down

Post  Damienindesert Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:21 am

Philippine style is great, from what you've posted. Salamat bounce
Damienindesert
Damienindesert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:51 am

Thank you people for appreciating our Philippine trees.

I been roaming around lately to peek at some peoples front lawns, backyards, side lawns, on top of houses inside the toilets, to see more local bonsai here, and I can proudly say that what is posted here (in this thread) is nothing compare to what most ( I mean most) have in their collection. I'll ask permission next time to take photos to share it here with you. Filipinos are shy people (including jun hehehe) except to very few members of IBC.

regards,
jun pirat

Damien,
Most of the bonsai artists here are also moving forward with their design style. Just visited and spoke last monday to one of the most respected local artist here, (Hi sir! Thanks! I know you are visiting IBC frequently, I'll visit your garden again next week, and learn more from you) and he is in the process of restyling lots of established bonsai from different collection of several people. Most of the trees are the best ones, grown here locally.

regards,
jun Smile

FM and Pons,

thanks guys!

regards,
jun Smile

John,

thanks! Thai bonsai is also very good. probably just like here, most of the good ones are hidden from public views...but if you want to move here you are most welcome any time.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  fM Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:36 am

i know this tree Razz ... friend

fM
fM

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:23 am

fM wrote:i know this tree Razz ... friend

...NO you dont! hehehe. Its a completely different tree now.

Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Dsc_0510

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Philippine Bonsai Society 2011 exhibit report Dsc_0511

regards,
jun Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next