'scuse the pictures

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'scuse the pictures

Post  bobby little on Mon May 02, 2011 4:21 pm

using my phone because the camera bought it. This is a larch I got for 15 quid on saturday from Richard at Lutterworth Plant and Bonsai Nursery - seriously, get yourselves along for a bargain or two. excellent piece for the price methinks. Tempted to start mangling it now, but I suppose I should wait until I can see what the roots are like. However, some styling ideas and thoughts about the angle I should plant it at would be appreciated.

bobby little

Back to top Go down

'scuse the pictures

Post  Guest on Mon May 02, 2011 10:12 pm

Hello Bobby. It's not a good idea to work a Larch in leaf, although you can do it in later Summer/ early Autumn with care. I would concentrate on cutting it back quite hard. Do you know what Larch it is?

Back to top Go down

Re: 'scuse the pictures

Post  bobby little on Mon May 02, 2011 11:14 pm

japanese. want to look at the roots before I do anything dramatic. which angle you reckon?

bobby little

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon May 02, 2011 11:27 pm

bobby little wrote:japanese. want to look at the roots before I do anything dramatic. which angle you reckon?

Japanese Larch bud back really well. Before you think about roots and angles, get the growth in a bit closer. Cut the branches back to 6 sets of green buds and feed well.

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby little on Mon May 02, 2011 11:40 pm

thanks chief Laughing

bobby little

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:09 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: