Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to Forum....some of my novice collection.

+3
jolz
cosmos
mojojava
7 posters

Go down

New to Forum....some of my novice collection. Empty New to Forum....some of my novice collection.

Post  mojojava Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:20 am

Hi all...have been enjoying bonsai for around 10ish years, been getting more serious in last 5 or so. New to this site, but have already found it very informative and helpful. Here is a few of my trees, some nice...some..well...I like them anyway. Comments, advice, etc very welcome. Looking forward to becoming a involved member to this site.

Japanese Larch -shohin
New to Forum....some of my novice collection. 910
Itoigawa Juniper-shohin
New to Forum....some of my novice collection. 810
Arakawa Maple
New to Forum....some of my novice collection. 1110
Japanese White Pine
New to Forum....some of my novice collection. 1410
Dawn Redwood
New to Forum....some of my novice collection. 710
Bald Cypress (future flat-top)
New to Forum....some of my novice collection. 1910
Japanese Apricot-shohin
New to Forum....some of my novice collection. 1310
Foemina Juniper
New to Forum....some of my novice collection. 1510
Cork Bark Elm (just chopped-future broom)
New to Forum....some of my novice collection. 1710
Zelcova Elm
New to Forum....some of my novice collection. 2210
Japanese Black Pine
New to Forum....some of my novice collection. 610
Trident Maple Grove
New to Forum....some of my novice collection. 1810

THANKS FOR LOOKING!
mojojava
mojojava

Back to top Go down

New to Forum....some of my novice collection. Empty Re: New to Forum....some of my novice collection.

Post  Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:17 am

Hi Mojojava

Thanks for showing us pictures of your collection.
Your trees look healthy....the branchends on the future broom, should be removed, or better, cut the trunk even lower.

kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

New to Forum....some of my novice collection. Empty thanks

Post  mojojava Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:11 pm

Thanks for the comment...I sometimes consider myself lucky to keep the trees as happy as they are. I only have a small back patio at my apt to keep them on, and have to keep them cramped in a home-made wooden shelf covered in chicken wire (to keep them from getting stolen). Also living in central Indiana is definitely a challenge due to the variable weather. I do try to give each tree a species specific regimen of care but otherwise just let them do their own thing. I do have a few tropicals but will wait until they get to go back outside for the season.

As for the elm I definitely considered chopping the elm a little further back but going for a somewhat informal broom, and would like some variation in the angles and where the main branching starts. Did another elm like this and it worked out very well...up to the point it was stolen from the last place I lived. Thanks again for looking.
mojojava
mojojava

Back to top Go down

New to Forum....some of my novice collection. Empty Re: New to Forum....some of my novice collection.

Post  cosmos Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:25 pm

Welcome. Humble beginnings but you have been bitten by the 'bonsai virus' so watch out, you can end up wanting more and more.

Cosmos
cosmos
cosmos

Back to top Go down

Post  jolz Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:36 pm

5 years? it took me ten years to be serious in this hobby. definitely, you have the touch. I've been there before and still I'm here back to the ground. (letterally) I still have to make make up for the lost time, but you've come along way, baby! keep it up. hope to see more of yours and others collections for me to imitate. Great job.
Regards,
Jolz
jolz
jolz

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Jaeger Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:55 pm

Yes a good start indeed. I really like the JWP, JBP and the itoigawa juniper-shohin. You have a nice diverse collection. Did you buy all these trees from the same place? Or were they made from a workshop? Or seed?

Neil
Neil Jaeger
Neil Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post  kaspr00 Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:36 am

Very Impressive! I am just getting into the obsession art and your specimens are inspirational! At only 5-10 years also! Thanks for the photos Smile
kaspr00
kaspr00

Back to top Go down

Post  Rui Marques Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:58 pm

I liked your trees. Please update.
Rui Marques
Rui Marques

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:33 pm

Welcome and easy on the acquisition we all have a tendency to over collect but bad habits are hard to break.
Warm regards
Alex
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down