Hi... i'm new comer here

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi... i'm new comer here

Post  andy yusmin on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:38 am

hello all,

My name is andy yusmin, i'm from jakarta, indonesia

this is my first posting in this site, i'll hope i can learn more about bonsai from many friends here.

best regards,

andy y

andy yusmin
Member


Back to top Go down

Hi... i'm new comer here

Post  Guest on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:56 am

Hello Andy and welcome to the forum. Have you any trees at the moment?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Hi... i'm new comer here

Post  andy yusmin on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:23 am

will baddeley wrote:Hello Andy and welcome to the forum. Have you any trees at the moment?
Hi will, yes, i have several trees, like this one mimosa pudica

can you give me more advice about this tree ?? thanks

Regards

andy

andy yusmin
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Hi... i'm new comer here

Post  priya uthama on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:07 am

pleased to meet you here Mr.Andy Very Happy

whether it is "putri malu" in the local language?

priya uthama
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Hi... i'm new comer here

Post  gshowman2002 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:12 am

andy yusmin wrote:
will baddeley wrote:Hello Andy and welcome to the forum. Have you any trees at the moment?
Hi will, yes, i have several trees, like this one mimosa pudica

can you give me more advice about this tree ?? thanks

Regards

andy

Mimosa ? thought it has got torns ? how you do it ?

gshowman2002
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Hi... i'm new comer here

Post  andy yusmin on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:08 pm

priya uthama wrote:pleased to meet you here Mr.Andy Very Happy

whether it is "putri malu" in the local language?

yes priya, that's right

andy yusmin
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Hi... i'm new comer here

Post  andy yusmin on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:24 pm

gshowman2002:
gshowman2002 wrote:
andy yusmin wrote:
will baddeley wrote:Hello Andy and welcome to the forum. Have you any trees at the moment?
Hi will, yes, i have several trees, like this one mimosa pudica

can you give me more advice about this tree ?? thanks

Regards

andy

Mimosa ? thought it has got torns ? how you do it ?

when I bought it from a local farmer, the size of the trunk is about pinkie only, on thorns, usually if the size is larger than a cigarette, it will disappear on its own. but it's difficult to growth, because it was a creeping tree


andy yusmin
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Hi... i'm new comer here

Post  PkWk on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:26 pm

Welcome Andy, nice tree you have.

PkWk
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Hi... i'm new comer here

Post  Guest on Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:43 pm

Hi Andy

I'm currently growing out a Mimosa that I grew from seed two years ago, Mimosa are awesome and make a stunning bonsai in my opinion. I never though to style one on a cascade but that tree is great. Has it bloomed yet for you? How have the leaves reduced for you? My Mimosa was going to be styled a bit on the large side to compensate for what I know are the large compound leaves the tree throws out but yours seem nice and compact!
Great tree, very fast growing and in my experience very forgiving, doesn't like to sit in water but is a thirsty plant. More enthusiasts should play around with mimosa in my opinion!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

I'm a Newcomer Here

Post  bonsaisr on Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:49 pm

This is for Dr. Gonzo. There are many species of Mimosa. You may be talking about a different species. There are a lot of Upstates, 50 of them in the US. Which one are you from?
Iris

bonsaisr
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Hi... i'm new comer here

Post  Guest on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:54 pm

I'm in Yates county and the Mimosa I'm growing came from seed from Fairhaven Mass, my mothers house where she can grow Mimosa in the ground whereas NY winters insist I stick it under my house fron Nov till april.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

I'm a Newcomer Here

Post  bonsaisr on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:50 pm

Mr. Gonzo's mimosa is undoubtedly Albizzia julibrissin. I'm willing to bet Andy Yusmin's is something else.
Yates County is in Upstate NY (unless there is another one by the same name), wine country. Do you belong to the Rochester club? Have you been to the Violet Barn in Naples?
Iris

bonsaisr
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Hi... i'm new comer here

Post  andy yusmin on Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:49 pm

PkWk wrote:Welcome Andy, nice tree you have.
thanks PkWk

andy yusmin
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Hi... i'm new comer here

Post  andy yusmin on Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:12 pm

bonsaisr wrote:This is for Dr. Gonzo. There are many species of Mimosa. You may be talking about a different species. There are a lot of Upstates, 50 of them in the US. Which one are you from?
Iris

Dear Iris, Nice to seeing you.
My minosa pudica flower is a tropical plant, and it's from indonesia. this is the picture of the flower

and its different from Albizia julibrissin


Regards

andy

andy yusmin
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Hi... i'm new comer here

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:35 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum