Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desmodium sp./ blue bell on slab

+20
coh
Hans van Meer.
Andrei Darusenkov
Sam Ogranaja
my nellie
Russell Coker
Rob Kempinski
Mohan
Ravi Kiran
Pavel Slovák
ferdy-san
dave steventon
fiona
fM
moyogijohn
rexman
GerhardGerber
杰遨-jie
eric sanders
DreadyKGB
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Desmodium sp./ blue bell on slab - Page 3 Empty Re: Desmodium sp./ blue bell on slab

Post  Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:04 pm

Hans van Meer. wrote:
jun wrote:
Robert Steven wrote:Perfectly done. I have downloaded the final picture for my coming new book..with or without your permission, Jun...hehe... Dance

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Darn!!!

this is my number 1000 post. I am reserving it for a good one, probably some nice trees...but nothing could be better other than saying-----THANK YOU!!

regards,
jun Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Hi Jun,
congratulations my friend! Desmodium sp./ blue bell on slab - Page 3 Addemo12 I told you it was a amazing Bonsai! Desmodium sp./ blue bell on slab - Page 3 Addemo13 And now it is going to be immortalised in Robert's book, what more can a Bonsai talent like you want! You and your tree deserve it!
And I fully understand how happy you are about this great news! Desmodium sp./ blue bell on slab - Page 3 Grote_10
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

The smileys and clapping hands above shows so much happiness!

Hans,
Indeed my friend! I am very happy. not just for the book, but also because the bonsai people I admire the most (you included) love the tree. That is much better than winning any award.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Desmodium sp./ blue bell on slab - Page 3 Empty Re: Desmodium sp./ blue bell on slab

Post  Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:23 pm

Rob,
Thanks!
I'll check out the podocarpus from the book I got from you. I'll practice the technique first wit other trees. I think it will work well with Phempis acidula.

regards,
jun Smile

Robert,

Thanks! I'll send my advance orders of the two books. Razz bounce

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Will be a free copy for you Jun..don't worry... Very Happy
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:00 pm

Robert Steven wrote:Will be a free copy for you Jun..don't worry... Very Happy

That is too much...but, why not! Thanks! thumbs up ...just don't forget to sign it for me please. Very Happy
...Can't wait for their release.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:08 pm

jun wrote:
Robert Steven wrote:Will be a free copy for you Jun..don't worry... Very Happy

That is too much...but, why not! Thanks! thumbs up ...just don't forget to sign it for me please. Very Happy
...Can't wait for their release.

regards,
jun Smile

You need to be a little bit patient than. The draft is more than 150 pages now, but the more I do the research and write, the more I find interesting information. The most difficult part is to find good pictures of penjing to show the five schools...
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Ogranaja Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:12 pm

Wow...This thread has gone from good to awesome in no time. Lots of great info in here and in your Bluebell Desmodium on a slab post. To me it doesn't look like a windswept in it's current form. The only reason I say this is because, if the wind was strong enough to kill the right side of the tree, the apex should point completely the other way, right? Or am I wrong in thinking that? Jun and Robert, what do you guys think? I respect both of your opinions greatly.

Jun, you have some amazing trees. Your input in this forum is invaluable for beginners like myself. I hope Robert can find the time to continue contributing here as well. His vision and photoshop skills are extremely helpful. I can't wait to get my paws on his other books.

Have a great week you guys!!!!
Sam
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Ogranaja Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:18 pm

Jun, I forgot to say, that I also like the way you have it styled now. To me it's a tree that grew a little funky to begin with and the top and right side died. Why, who knows but a beautiful, natural form nonetheless. It's actually my computer background for now. I hope that's ok with you. Hans and Robs virtuals both make sense to me, especially Rob's; you could go quite a few ways with this tree. It'd be an incredible honor to have a tree in Robert's book and that alone says something.

Sam
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:32 pm

Thanks Sam.
For me, it's not a windwept at all.
What is touching me on this design is so comtemplating, the meditating figurine enhance the implicit message of the overall setting nuance. The tree's texture emphasizes the supra-natural mystery... The scale and proportion between the tree, the grass and the figurine are just perfect..plus the photographic lighting.

In Chinese, this is so called the "意境“....
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:43 pm

Robert Steven wrote:

Yes! Yijing (意境). It is bigger than creativity. It is closer to an artistic mood, concept, though or idea. Similar to the conceot of a 'Muse'; to think about something in a deep and serious or dreamy and abstracted way.

Very interesting Robert. This is one of the pillars of chinese art.

Kind regards,

Jose Luis

Last edited by jrodriguez on Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:46 pm

Sam Ogranaja wrote: ... ... To me it doesn't look like a windswept in it's current form. The only reason I say this is because, if the wind was strong enough to kill the right side of the tree, the apex should point completely the other way, right? ... ...
But is it really windswept, I wonder?
I believe it is not.
So, you have reason to say it doesn't look like one, Sam.
Wind is not the only reason that some part of trees are killed and become deadwood-jin or deadwood-shari.
This is my opinion, a beginner's ignorant opinion. Would be interesting to read the experts.
Thank you!

edit: Looks like more of us were posting simultaneously Very Happy
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Steven Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:59 pm

jrodriguez wrote:
Robert Steven wrote:

Yes! Yijing (意境). It is bigger than creativity. It is closer to an artistic mood, concept, though or idea. Similar to the conceot of a 'Muse'; to think about something in a deep and serious or dreamy and abstracted way.

Very interesting Robert. This is one of the pillars of chinese art.

Kind regards,

Jose Luis

Yes, I will discuss more on this aspect on my coming book "The Five Schools of Chinese Penjing". So stay in tune... Laughing
Robert Steven
Robert Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 02, 2012 1:12 pm

Hi IBC folks!
Just finished dressing up the tree tonight...

Desmodium sp./ blue bell on slab - Page 3 Dsc_0946

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Ogranaja Wed May 02, 2012 1:47 pm

Great job Jun!!!! It's amazing how mature this tree looks.

Have a great week!!!
Sam
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 02, 2012 1:59 pm

Thanks Sam!

Don't worry my friend,,,,I'll have a great week again. Robert Steven is coming again tomorrow to impart his wisdom and to continue the fun!

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Ogranaja Wed May 02, 2012 2:02 pm

jun wrote:Thanks Sam!

Don't worry my friend,,,,I'll have a great week again. Robert Steven is coming again tomorrow to impart his wisdom and to continue the fun!

regards,
jun Smile

See.....was that really necessary? Very Happy Thanks for rubbing it in. I'm still waiting for the day I get to meet the man. Patience is a virtue.

I'm sure you guys will have a great time!
Sam
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain Thu May 03, 2012 11:15 am

Jun, really an exceptional tree!

I'm also glad you kept the long yin, to me it balances the tree.

The scale of the tree is also an illusion, it look much smaller than it actually is. its Fantastic.

I share your sentiments about penjing and are enjoying it much more these days.
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:02 pm

Hi IBC.

I worked on the branch structure of the tree today, I would like to share it naked with you.

Desmodium sp./ blue bell on slab - Page 3 Dsc_0084

Desmodium sp./ blue bell on slab - Page 3 Dsc_0083

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Ogranaja Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:07 pm

Looking good buddy. This tree is definitely one of my favorites.

Keep up the great work and thanks for keeping us updated.
Have a great weekend!!!!
Sam
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre Beaurain Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:05 pm

Jun the tree is still fantstic, even better, Wow

I must say, I preferred, the white sand.. The black is very harsh, I think,,
when you dressed it with the white sand; I could smell the salt in the air ...from the surf......
the salt layden air that bleached the dry wood white......
I could feel the cool wind blowing in my face..
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:08 am

Thanks Sam!

Glad you like it.

regards,
jun Smile

Thanks Andre,
... the black "sand" is not actually sand for aesthetic topping . It is crushed volcanic gravel, mixed with regular sand with bird guano. more on preparation of the tree for the rainy season for a lusher growth and health.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:30 am

Desmodium sp./ blue bell on slab - Page 3 Dsc_1011

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3