Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stolen! Black Pine

+3
Loke Emil
mbolos
Joe Hatfield
7 posters

Go down

Stolen! Black Pine  Empty Stolen! Black Pine

Post  Joe Hatfield Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:55 am

So, this is the first time one of my trees have been stolen. I'm pretty bummed out about it. Heres a link to the tree as of last year. It has grown out some since then but, it hasn't changed much. Please let me know if anyone see's it. Sad

I haven't posted in a bit and I'm sad that this had to be the first post of Spring. double Sad

https://picasaweb.google.com/TeamMantis/BlackPine#5436278965647216562

Thanks!

JOE
Joe Hatfield
Joe Hatfield

Back to top Go down

Stolen! Black Pine  Empty Re: Stolen! Black Pine

Post  mbolos Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:07 am

Joe, that's horrible, it's a beautiful tree! I will definitely keep my eyes posted for any sneaky men roaming Philadelphia with a bonsai under their raincoat.

mbolos

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Hatfield Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:38 am

Thanks Mike. We should get together soon. Theres a guy on ebay in philly selling bonsai.. thought it might be you. Smile Give me a call sometime.
Joe Hatfield
Joe Hatfield

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Hatfield Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:40 am

I just spent the last hour walking combing my neighbor hood asking kids and adults if they saw it. I offered free lunch or beer (ADULTS only Smile ) People were pretty receptive. I would be walking more if it wasn't for the dark of the night.

I WILL FIND IT!
Joe Hatfield
Joe Hatfield

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Hatfield Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:17 am

Never found the tree.

Did find: chain and bigger lock for gate.

Joe Hatfield
Joe Hatfield

Back to top Go down

Post  Loke Emil Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:12 am

Hm!

Sad ending to this story No

Makes you wonder: When will it be commercially available/possible to insert a GPS/registration-chip inside our more valued trees, as we do with our dogs, these days?!

I hope you'll find a nice replacement black pine.

/Loke Emil
Loke Emil
Loke Emil

Back to top Go down

Post  handy mick Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:39 am

Thieving bastards! Evil or Very Mad

Mick

handy mick

Back to top Go down

Stolen! Black Pine  Empty Micro chips

Post  elroy Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:54 pm

It already is possible to insert micro chips.

Embedding microchips in ornamental shrubs,
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/07/110705104307.htm

Elroy

elroy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:46 pm

Joe Hatfield wrote:Never found the tree.

Did find: chain and bigger lock for gate.

I am sorry for the lost tree.

a big dog is much better than locks. I see you got kids too just like me, be sure to train the dog...mine is a huge Rottweiler, intimidating but very gentle towards my family specially to my kids. and a very noisy one, a Japanese spitz which barks like crazy when some unwanted stranger peeks into my garden.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loke Emil Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:47 pm

elroy wrote:It already is possible to insert micro chips.

Embedding microchips in ornamental shrubs,
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/07/110705104307.htm

Elroy

Great! thanks for sharing the link ;-)

All though the article doesn't say that the micro chips are commercially available yet - It will probably take some time for the final validation of the microchip and longer before it eventually is commercially available.

best regards to you Elroy

/Loke Emil
Loke Emil
Loke Emil

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Hatfield Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:56 pm

I have a 100lb Cane Corso. Trees were in the back yard dog was sleeping somewhere she's not supposed to I'm sure. Happened during the day.

Thanks for all the kind words.
Joe Hatfield
Joe Hatfield

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Bailey Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:41 pm

Commiserations Joe.

Those chips are the same type and size as a pet transponder. You have to get very close with a hand held scanner. Maybe in a few years they will have miniaturised the technology to enable the type of geolocator we would all like to see. It would be great to see masterpieces being reunited with their proper owners and some evil B*****ds brought to boot!
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:16 am

Joe Hatfield wrote:I have a 100lb Cane Corso. Trees were in the back yard dog was sleeping somewhere she's not supposed to I'm sure. Happened during the day.

Thanks for all the kind words.

...Those thieves are Pros! They probably surveyed your yard for months and learned when your guard dog is taking her day off. Laughing Are you sure your dog is loyal to you? I heard some dogs are corrupt and take bribes,,,just kidding to make feel lighter. Smile

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gentleman G. Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:08 pm

I agree with Jun, you are (or have been) being watched. Sounds like someone who knows what they're doing to me. I would keep a close eye out for anybody you don't know, cars that you don't usually see in the neighborhood, etc. If they only took one tree, chances are they'll be back unfortunately. Be careful, I might even suggest some sort of cameras... either video cameras or those motion activated cameras they use for hunting, etc. Sorry, not trying to scare you. It's just that I know how it feels to have your property violated and get something taken from you, and I'd hate for you to have to go through this again. Nothing I have is worth that much trouble, but for you members with nicer collections, I'd invest in some sort of surveillance system... and keep your eyes peeled Shocked It's unfortunate that people feel that they can just take whatever they please, but they are out there.

G
Gentleman G.
Gentleman G.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down