Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rose bush bonsai

2 posters

Go down

rose bush bonsai Empty rose bush bonsai

Post  moyogijohn Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:14 am

I potted a rose bush 2 months ago...it has grown wild with foliage..i am not a rose man so when should it be pruned????? the foliage is way out of shape so i need some advice....thanks in advance take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

rose bush bonsai Empty Rose Bush Bonsai

Post  bonsaisr Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:30 pm

Pruning roses is a vast encyclopedic subject. It depends on what kind of rose you have. Google on pruning roses and you will find plenty of information.
Most roses are not suitable for bonsai because they require the opposite treatment, rich soil, heavy feeding, and pruning to encourage flowering, rather than shape. Miniature roses, which will nod to your bonsai at their "eye-level," are very satisfying, but you prune them like a full-size hybrid tea.
In a nutshell: prune to an outward facing bud or branch, prune out crossing or inward-growing stems, let the rest grow up until they flower, cut off blind growths (bunches of leaves with no flower bud), after bloom, prune to the highest outward facing leaf with five leaflets.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

rose bush bonsai Empty rose bush bonsai

Post  moyogijohn Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:42 pm

Thank you Mrs bonsaier i will try to follow your instructions..this was just something to play with because it has a good but small trunk..thanks take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

rose bush bonsai Empty Re: rose bush bonsai

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down