Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pot suggestion for an odd Bougainvillea

3 posters

Go down

Pot suggestion for an odd Bougainvillea Empty Pot suggestion for an odd Bougainvillea

Post  jersanct Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:13 am

I'm having trouble envisioning a suitable pot for this tree. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks very much for your help - Chris

Pot suggestion for an odd Bougainvillea Dsc01211

better look at the base:

Pot suggestion for an odd Bougainvillea Dsc01212
jersanct
jersanct

Back to top Go down

Pot suggestion for an odd Bougainvillea Empty Re: Pot suggestion for an odd Bougainvillea

Post  fiona Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:21 am

Can you give us the dimensions please, Chris. It's bouncing down rain today so I feel a few hours virting coming on.

fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Pot suggestion for an odd Bougainvillea Empty Re: Pot suggestion for an odd Bougainvillea

Post  jersanct Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:31 pm

Hello Fiona - once the tree is repotted at its new angle, and when it fills back in again, it will be about 16" tall x 18" wide. The widest part of the nebari is 4 1/2", and the base of the trunk is about 2 1/2". I also should have mentioned in the original message that the flowers are a deep pink color.
jersanct
jersanct

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:09 pm

Hi Chris.
Here an odd one from me.
How about something in this direction for a pot?
Pot suggestion for an odd Bougainvillea Img_0917
I am curious about Fioana's suggestions.
Regards, Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:11 pm

Hi, forgot to mention what is the odd one in the pot.
30 year old Hydrangea Petiolaris.
Sunip

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  jersanct Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:23 am

Thank you, Sunip - I definitely will give that some thought. I too would like to hear Fiona's idea...I guess I'll have to wait until it next rains in Scotland...probably years from now, I imagine...
jersanct
jersanct

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down