Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The difficult world of scotch.

+9
Harleyrider
landerloos
Ravi Kiran
Jay Gaydosh
Loke Emil
fiona
BONSAI_OUTLAW
Kev Bailey
Storm
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The difficult world of scotch. - Page 3 Empty Re: The difficult world of scotch.

Post  Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:57 pm

This is the most powerful Whisky in my possession from the Caol Ila Distillery... and it is half full. 62.9% Full Proof... very rare and will be available at the Burrs weekend for those brave(heart) enough.

The difficult world of scotch. - Page 3 Islay-10

Back to top Go down

The difficult world of scotch. - Page 3 Empty Re: The difficult world of scotch.

Post  Storm Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:08 pm

I think thats a rude way to make me use alot of money Tony! Gonna be hard to resist going...
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:08 pm

tony wrote:
Jay Gaydosh wrote:Standard joke running through the highland games here in the U.S.: How much scotch can a Scotsman drink? Any GIVEN amount!

Jay... I'm gonna use that one bounce

I'm one of the Foolish Scotsmen, I buy a bottle or two of the good stuff, and all the others show up for a wee nip. Most don't reciprocate (not all, but most!)

It's like that special category of smokers who "quit", they don't quit smoking... just buying!

(Me, I only smoke when I'm on fire ... it's a blubber thing!)

Jay
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:53 pm

Unfortunately, the level of experience in whisky is limited. I likes what I likes.

In trying new brands and varieties of scotch I have learned that just because I guy who speaks funny (Irish of Scottish descent) and swears by a particular scotch doesn't mean it won't taste like crap. SOOOOO, I have come to be careful when tasting scotches yet untried.

Jay
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:59 pm

I am not a scotch drinker but while visiting Fiona and George this weekend in Scotland, I had the privilege of being introduced to a tasting of some fine single malt scotches from Islay. George is quite the connoisseur and I was impressed by the taste of the single malts. At least it gives me something to talk about at a cocktail party.

When I do indulge its usually for Jack Daniels.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3