Wisteria

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wisteria

Post  JimLewis on Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:53 pm

The first of my Wisteria sinensis to bloom this year.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Re: Wisteria

Post  ogie on Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:55 pm

Very very nice Jim,congratulation..Thanks for sharing
Regards,
Alex/Ogie Very Happy

ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  -Brent- on Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:58 pm

Wow Jim, that is absolutely beautiful. Amazing lower trunk too.

-Brent-

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:02 pm

A somewhat better pic. Yes. I like the trunk. This is one of the few wisteria that look OK after the bloom. Just OK, though. I'va had it in a pot for a long time. It is from a plant dug from my yard in Florida. Thanks for the kind words.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  lordy on Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:44 pm

Beautiful wisteria. The color is intense. Well done. I recently collected one that I have in a large container. It has buds that I hope become blooms soon. Time will tell. I would consider anything like yours a huge success.

lordy

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:34 pm

A few days have passed. And a new angle.

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Randy_Davis on Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:56 pm

Well done Jim!!!!! There's nothing more dramatic than a well executed Wisteria bonsai. Too bad they flower before the scheduled club shows. Someday clubs will schedule an early show to exhibit all of those early flowering things that are so rarely seen in real life and not often grown as a result.

Randy

Randy_Davis

Back to top Go down

wisteria

Post  moyogijohn on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:36 pm

JIM,,,,,I like this one very much!! the blooms look great but the trunk is so nice!! great job working on this tree...take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  martin kolacia on Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:52 pm

jim : very nice tree ... I have to evaluate selection of pot for this tree Idea

martin kolacia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:50 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top