ficus natalensis

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ficus natalensis

Post  Hank Miller on Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:21 pm

I have been working on one of my larger figs for a few years. Now that spring is around the corner I have begun again. Another growing season is required in my opinion to improve the leaf reduction and to increase the ramification. Enjoy. Hank

Hank Miller

Back to top Go down

Re: ficus natalensis

Post  Ravi Kiran on Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:57 am

Good tree Hank. And yes you are correct in saying that another year (atleast) is required for this tree to improvise. Do work on the lower right branch as it is not pretty strong and dominant. You may also take the short cut of a graft. Ficus respond well to grafts and now (the starting of the growing season) is a good time to do this. Just my thoughts. Good luck with this tree..

Ravi

Ravi Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Hank Miller on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:06 am

Thanks for the comment. Perhaps I should have mentioned the tree is less than 5 years old and has been put together completely from cuttings which have been grafted together. If the nebari were not so good I would increase the lower trunk caliper. Later this spring I will reduce the foliage mass. For now I enjoy the early spring growth. Hank

Hank Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:08 pm

Hank Miller wrote: Perhaps I should have mentioned the tree is less than 5 years old and has been put together completely from cuttings which have been grafted together.

Really? I would never have guessed from your picture. Can you show us some close-ups? Very pretty tree.

R

Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  海上闻樵 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:11 pm

需要时间吧,按中国话来说,得靠年功来塑造这棵树, cheers

It takes time, according to Chinese expression, it requires power to shape the tree cheers

Last edited by Chris Cochrane on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a rough automated translation)

海上闻樵

Back to top Go down

Post  roberthu526 on Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:54 pm

海上闻樵 wrote:需要时间吧,按中国话来说,得靠年功来塑造这棵树, cheers

It takes time, according to Chinese expression, it requires power to shape the tree cheers

Hey, I am from China too. 苏州人啊,离上海很近了。现在在美国定居。

roberthu526

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:58 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum