shohin off

Post  Bob Bailey on Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:34 pm

Alex have you tried Spec-Savers ?

Bob Bailey

Back to top Go down

Re: Shohin Off 2011

Post  jrodriguez on Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:00 pm

Mr. Bob Bailey,

Forgive me from saying so, but, I think Alex offers a valid observation. That being said and considering the neutral verbage used by Alex, it is highly unfair of you to make such remarks.

The trees are very beautiful. Also, in every situation there is always room to improove. ( The aforementioned, not to detract any merit to Mark and Ritta)

jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

shohin off

Post  Bob Bailey on Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:28 pm

Mr J Rodriguez

I say things as I see them and as for Alex,s "neautral verbage".have you heard of the word insinuation? Alex and your valid observation,may I suggest you study the display more carefully and study the flow of each tree in respect of each other not just crown.
Bob

Bob Bailey

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex on Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:29 pm

Mr. Jose Luis,

Thank you. Always look forward to meet you in Taiwan. You have done a lot to promote my country and to learn top Taiwan bonsdai art.

No effort again to post here. Too many minds and trouble.

Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  giomach on Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:50 pm

Alex,

good post. I'd be glad to see more of your valid suggestions.

Best regards

giomach

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez on Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:15 pm

对不起,你去看看! !谢谢你的客气话。我有很多来自台湾靠在盆景艺术。

有时,最好是离开一个人独处。

谢谢你,

荷西

Thank you for the kind words. I have learned a lot from Taiwanese bonsai art.

Sometimes it is best to leave things alone.

Kind regards,

Jose Luis

jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Martin on Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:07 pm

Surely, the position of the trees within a shohin display is to do with the flow of the trees direction not the apex of the tree. So that the highest tree whilst being in its natural position as it would be found in nature and then flows down to the next level tree and so on.

Morten Albek eloquently explained this, in the thread on this forum posted by Hans Vleugels here on 07 Feb 2011 entitled "Shohin display"

I would have pasted the two examples into this message but unfortunately am unable to do so, however, the thread is easily located by a search through the forum index under "Bonsai".

CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO TOPIC MENTIONED ABOVE

(Apologies for butting in, Dave, but thought it more advantageous to drop this link in here that on a new post. Mod)

Dave Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona on Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:02 pm

There are two things that spring to mind here: first, having met Mark and Ritta now on a few occasions I have been struck by their modesty and their willingness to listen to others' points of view, however humble that is. I would be confident in saying that they will be among the first to take time to read what Alex is saying and give it their open-minded consideration before coming to any conclusion. That is a great example for all of us.

Second, I did hear some debate over the weekend about the direction of some trees in relation to the overall display. While these did not relate to these specific trees, it seems to me there is a general problem when the trees have a marked trunk bend combined with a foliage mass seemingly going in the opposite direction. We have had several posts over the year discussing this very issue, and for the only partially-informed amateur like me it is far from easy sometimes to tell what is the correct direction.

And now, having borrowed Dave's flak jacket and NATO helmet from the other thread, I'm going to stick my head above the parapet here: on re-reading Morten's posts as per the link I can see a glimmer of something in what Alex said. But before I have to go and share Dave's bunker, can I just say that I recognise that I am a mere beginner in matters of Shohin display and I am leaving my mind open to sensible and reasoned comment from all who know about these things - Mark and Ritta, Bob B, Morten et al. And who knows, perhaps there are others who are experts in our midst that we don't know about.

Perhaps a new thread on the topic of tree "direction" might yield some new insights. I'd certainly welcome it.

my website

fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Martin on Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:16 pm

Just make sure you bring one of those bottles made of green glass with amber nectar in it if you are coming to my bunker.

PS
I will supply the glasses but, they won't be from Specsavers!

Dave Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona on Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:24 pm

No problem, Dave. I think I could find a dram of Ardbeg somewhere to bring down. Unless of course you meant Irn Bru.

my website

fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:06 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum