Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casuarina (slanting) restyling

+20
hiram
Russell Coker
dick benbow
dorothy7774
dexworks
Ferdie *
fM
Rob Kempinski
Storm
moyogijohn
海上闻樵
Pavel Slovák
Arno
john5555leonard
cosmos
iben
Ravi Kiran
Mohan
xuan le
handy mick
24 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Casuarina (slanting) restyling - Page 2 Empty casuarina restyleing

Post  moyogijohn Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:01 am

JUN,, I like the restyle of this tree..your carveing is really good also..one question,,the carved place right under the foliage is that a seperate branch?? if so what would it look like with out that carved area?? i would like to see just green foliage there...just a opion,, you did a good job.. take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Casuarina (slanting) restyling - Page 2 Empty Re: Casuarina (slanting) restyling

Post  海上闻樵 Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:03 am

yes, our language communication is difficult, but potted - loving hearts are common, I love you this tree, but admire your master。 cheers
海上闻樵
海上闻樵

Back to top Go down

Casuarina (slanting) restyling - Page 2 Empty Re: Casuarina (slanting) restyling

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:16 am

海上闻樵 wrote:yes, our language communication is difficult, but potted - loving hearts are common, I love you this tree, but admire your master。 cheers

Yes, communication with different language is quite difficult. I got several Chinese bonsai books, half of the contents are text the other half are pictures of trees and techniques. but, I like those books. Same thing goes with trees, No words are needed...the bottom line is the most important...the tree.

I basically understand the google translation and I appreciate your kind words. thank you.

regards,
jun Smile

John,

Thank you.
If you are talking about the dead wood /jined part in the center below the foliage line. It is a separate branch, I needed that deadwood in the design. it will be covered with branchlets and foliage in the future. but still I will keep it. look for the other angles, you'll know why.

regards,
jun

Smile

Back to top Go down

Casuarina (slanting) restyling - Page 2 Empty casuarina restyleing

Post  moyogijohn Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:38 pm

JUN,, I am sure you know best with that branch.. you can see all the branches and the buds ect. comming..was not saying any thing bad about desine you do a good job with all of them...take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:32 pm

moyogijohn wrote:JUN,, I am sure you know best with that branch.. you can see all the branches and the buds ect. comming..was not saying any thing bad about desine you do a good job with all of them...take care john

No, John. It's ok. I understand, Your old eyes are becoming sharper to detail observations, they are probably getting younger due to bonsai activities. I'll send you PM to explain further.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:05 am

Hi IBC.

just an update...extreme update.

Casuarina (slanting) restyling - Page 2 Dsc_0919

I hope you like the new look. if not its also okey. hehehe.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:16 am

...by the way, the pot is concrete. not bad for a concrete pot, right?

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:22 am

Looking great Jun!
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:32 am

Thanks Storm.

I am learning more the value of good material. something that you can twist and turn, until you got the right "rhythm",, and the essence of not cutting too many branches in the beginning (by which some will disagree).

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:26 pm

Good work Jun. I especially like the carving and how you make the wood look good but still worked with the grain. That is a big mistake lots of bonsai carvers do when they carve features across the grain. As the wood goes through wet and dry cycles the cross grain features will not look natural.
As for the top jin, I'd keep both; their complexity adds to the appeal of the tree. The only thing I'd do is to add a bit of taper to them.
The new angle is very dramatic and I like how you have de-emphasized the lower branch that is actually a back branch.

I find that my Causarina growth so quickly in the summer that they need constant pinching and cutting. Its one of those trees that if you like to work on a tree, get an Australian pine. They will keep you busy.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:39 pm

Thanks Rob!
I'm glad you like the new style. as for the dead wood, Thanks for the advice, I'll enhance it further in the near future after I mastered the technique...hopefully next week. study study study

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Casuarina (slanting) restyling - Page 2 Empty casuarina slanting re style

Post  moyogijohn Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:30 pm

JUN ,, This one looks really good also....the one you planted on the slab is my favorite one though..all of them are great trees!!! take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  fM Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:55 am

moyogijohn wrote:JUN ,, This one looks really good also....the one you planted on the slab is my favorite one though..all of them are great trees!!! take care john

Yes sir I agree with moyoguijohn, this tree also is spectacular, I like much the new form. It is very agreeable to see your work Jun,I learn much of it as good novice that I am, best regards
... Flavio
fM
fM

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferdie * Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:57 am

Once Again Bro, you really done a good job, i really appreciate all the materials that you use, i just wonder bro if you working with the DENR, because of the good and authentic i may say, all the materials, well, actually thats a joke, hehe, i really do admire the way you style all of your materials, really great Bro, im hoping i can find one of such materials such as that..

Ferdz
Ferdie *
Ferdie *

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:27 am

Hello Jun. I like the way you have shortened the first bend by tilting the tree back I think?. The carving is very convincing too and twists beautifully against the grain. Well disguised. You can't kid a kidder Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:30 am

John and Flavio,

Thanks!

I always heard things about "novice" people.
I think bonsai people are classified into two categories- The experts (AKA-"masters") and the Novice....nothing in between.

I am also a novice...but, I personally classified novice people into two category- the Passive novice and the Aggressive novice....nothing in between.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:40 am

Ferdz,

In the Philippines...
DENR means- Department of Environment and Natural Resources

in the bonsai world...
DENR means- Destroyer of Environment and Natural Resources.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

no sir I dont belong to any of that group.

but I am happy that you like the works I made.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:44 am

if it is ok with Will,,,its must be good!

...and I am grateful.

regards,
jun Embarassed Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:44 am

In the Uk when you serve an apprenticeship(extremely rare these days), you are the apprentice. Once you has served the apprenticeship you becomes a journeyman, before finally you establishes yourself, take on an apprentice and becomes a Master.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:51 am

will baddeley wrote:In the Uk when you serve an apprenticeship(extremely rare these days), you are the apprentice. Once you has served the apprenticeship you becomes a journeyman, before finally you establishes yourself, take on an apprentice and becomes a Master.

but what will happen there's no master in your country and you can't afford being apprentice to one?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:59 am

jun wrote:
will baddeley wrote:In the Uk when you serve an apprenticeship(extremely rare these days), you are the apprentice. Once you has served the apprenticeship you becomes a journeyman, before finally you establishes yourself, take on an apprentice and becomes a Master.

but what will happen there's no master in your country and you can't afford being apprentice to one?

Ah... Not all apprentices had a Master and not all Masters were an apprentice. Some people have an innate ability that will make them a master.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:20 am

will baddeley wrote:
jun wrote:

Ah... Not all apprentices had a Master and not all Masters were an apprentice.

I love Jedi talk hehehe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:26 am

Unfortunately these days, a gift of the gab makes you a master. The ability to entertain a crowd rather than any given talent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:40 am

Anyway. That off my chest...Keep doing what you're doing Jun. You're inspiring. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  dexworks Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:56 am

Jun,

Bro, I envy you for being able to find such good materials, specially a casuarina... I really find it difficult to acquire this species... sometimes when I'm on the road and I see a huge casuarina tree, I just want to stop the car, go out and make an air-layer... too bad I don't have the guts to be able to look like a monkey on top of a tree, in the middle of the concrete jungle! hehehe...

Really good work on this one bro!

Regards,

Derick
dexworks
dexworks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next