Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acer Campestre, yamadori

+31
leatherback
Dreamcast
Richard S
Todd Ellis
abcd
fiona
marcus watts
AlainK
Reiner K
yamasuri
Gary Swiech
Poink88
Seth Ellwood
gope
Paul B (Scotland)
pongsatorn.k
my nellie
ogie
ybonsai
Khaimraj Seepersad
Lone
Tom Benda
moyogijohn
Loke Emil
Marija Hajdic
Ravi Kiran
Rob Kempinski
sunip
p@scal
handy mick
landerloos
35 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Acer Campestre, yamadori - Page 9 Empty Re: Acer Campestre, yamadori

Post  Andre Beaurain Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:23 am

Acer Campestre, yamadori - Page 9 Yvonne10

Love and Light
Andre Beaurain
Andre Beaurain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:27 am

Thank you...flower cheers Dance Love and light to you too Andre Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:14 pm

The very old big pear from 2011, see page 6, is juicing up again.... sunny cheers
Acer Campestre, yamadori - Page 9 Img_7610
Strange how the deadwood I carved has turned white...it is not treated with anything.

Kind regards Yvonne...cant wait for the growingseason to begin Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2015 11:26 am

The pear has just ben pruned back...had to do it, as the apex still grow a lot stronger than the lower branches.

Acer Campestre, yamadori - Page 9 Img_7912
The tree is very healthy, and the backside that used to be a kind of weak, is now doing very well...
During winter will there be some more carving to do on the backside in the apex...must be a day my husband is home to help me, as he will have to hold the vaccumcleaner close, as I carve...sawdust ruin the bark.

Acer Campestre, yamadori - Page 9 Img_7913
The hawthorn is ballanced in the branches, ( all new growth has the same lengd ) and is being left to grow like a crazy as long as it do as I want it to Smile
My design-ballance- issue may go away now, as the tree seem to find the way by it self...closing up from the left side...I will stick to the direction.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbyLane Fri May 15, 2015 12:18 pm

Its growing strongly, good stuff.
are you now just letting everything coming off the primary branches to grow out, but pruning off the unwanted buds that pop anywhere else that dont fit in the design?
Im doing this with one of mine atm
I know some say just let everything grow and cut back later, but i dont see the point in letting unwanted shoots grow that take away from the chosen primary branches. the chosen primary branches thicken and grow much quicker when you prune off the adventitious shoots right?
BobbyLane
BobbyLane

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2015 1:42 pm

Hi Bobby

I see your point, and I have had thoughts about that.... It is basicly what I do, but do it slower and faster at the same time, if you look at the previus photo, the tree without leaves...Can you see I am working on mainbranches...ehh maybe...not easy to see yet, but I do...

This year have I on the upper part of the tree removed any branch that grow dawnwards, but kept them on the lower branches, this will make the lower branches stronger than the topbranches.

I let all branches grow for now, as they are controled after all, but if I detect problems, will I do something else, depending on the problem.

By keepeing all branches growing here and there, will the branch become thicker faster, and the taper in the branches better. During winter will I prune the branches, and leave some of them for mainbranches....It is a quit fat tree, and to not let the mainbranches devide now and then, will give to few mainbranches for the tree.
My goal is, that they with time will be more dominant in the design, and also much more visible during summer...I am taking it one step at the time, and am avare of the "problem".

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbyLane Fri May 15, 2015 8:02 pm

Ok, yes i could see what you did in the previous pic, i like the way you have everything rising up too, its going to be an imposing tree once everything thickens up, i look forward to its progress. Cool
BobbyLane
BobbyLane

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2015 8:26 pm

Bobby what kind of tree is a atm?...not all trees should be treated the same way

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbyLane Fri May 15, 2015 8:36 pm

Hi Yvonne

atm meaning at the moment....my tree is a Hawthorn in early stages of branch development, i will continue to prune off unwanted buds and just let the branches i want to keep extend Wink
BobbyLane
BobbyLane

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 16, 2015 7:53 am

BobbyLane wrote:Hi Yvonne

atm meaning at the moment....my tree is a Hawthorn in early stages of branch development, i will continue to prune off unwanted buds and just let the branches i want to keep extend Wink

He-he...a ATM, is the machine I want, when I run out of money in Japan, and just have one more need...again and again  Smile
Apart from that, could what you say have ben my words, this is how the hawthorn and pear began/begin...and all of my other trees too...The hawthorn has reached a later stage  Cool

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9