Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to find Itogawa/Kishu Junipers

5 posters

Go down

Trying to find Itogawa/Kishu Junipers Empty Trying to find Itogawa/Kishu Junipers

Post  johny Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:27 pm

Hello everyone. I'm new to posting on this forum so I hope I've done this correctly. I'm hoping someone can help me to find a site or nursery in England where I can purchase some young starter junipers to grow on in my garden for a decade or two( I'm a very patient person Very Happy ). The kaizen bonsai site had some up for sale until recently of the kishu variety but as usual I was too slow to get around to snapping some up and they have now sold out. I'm also aware of a site/nursery called kenwith, down in cornwall I think? that stocks young shimpakus but once again I was too slow and they have sold out. So please if anyone knows of a source of young plants (basicaly rooted cuttings is what im after here)can they please point me in the right dirrection, Thanks.

johny

Back to top Go down

Trying to find Itogawa/Kishu Junipers Empty Re: Trying to find Itogawa/Kishu Junipers

Post  stavros Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:39 pm

Graham Potter's, Kaizen Bonsai is a good option, but you can also try Heron's Bonsai Nursery (PEter Chan).

stavros

Back to top Go down

Trying to find Itogawa/Kishu Junipers Empty Re: Trying to find Itogawa/Kishu Junipers

Post  fiona Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:50 pm

Hi Johny. welcome to the forum.

Keep looking at Kaizen's website because Graham gets good stock in regularly. It might also be worth a phone call or an e.mail to let him know what you're looking for.

You could also come along to the Best of British show in mid-April at Birmingham Botanical Gardens where you will find many traders. I'd be surprised if you didn't get what you were looking for there.

It would also let you meet many of the movers and shakers of UK/mainland European bonsai. You might even meet me if your luck really is crap. Maybe see you there?

Fiona

Last edited by fiona on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Trying to find Itogawa/Kishu Junipers Empty Itogawa Junipers

Post  Bob Bailey Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:46 am

Dai-Ichi bonsai at Newbury have a large selection of Itogawa Juniper cuttings and young trees. Hope this helps

Bob Bailey

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:44 am

Somebody is gonna to get hurt real bad... little Scotch (sic) lady Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  NJF Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:36 pm

Johnny I feel bad now as it was me who ordered the Kyshu/Kishu from Kaizen last week. It disappeared from the web site after I ordered it. So they must have only had one. It has been raffia'd wired and twisted already. I too am hoping for something half decent in 10 to 15 years time. I noticed you are in Coventry, would you believe it came through the Parcel Force depo next to Coventry airport on route to me. Sorry that's just rubbing salt into the wounds. I too had trawled the internet for such a sapling for months so snapped it up quick. Someone mentioned Dia Iche. They also have a very good nursery at Redditch, just down the road from you. Also there is the Bonsai traders show at Ryton on Dunsmore Sports Connexion on Saturday the 26th March. Well worth a visit, just down the A45 from you and will have many of the traders there who go to Birmingham. Graham Potter from Kaizen has been before and Lee Verhorevoort to mention a few. Good luck I'm sure you'll find what you're after, I would be very surprised if many bonsai nurseries don't have Itiogowas or Kishus grown from cuttings growing on behind the scenes.
NJF
NJF

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:22 pm

NJF wrote: I would be very surprised if many bonsai nurseries don't have Itiogowas or Kishus grown from cuttings growing on behind the scenes.
I have a whole batch on the go right now but they will not be ready for a year or two... some folk have already stuck orders in!

Back to top Go down

Post  johny Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:29 pm

Sorry to everyone who replied, for taking so long to thank you all for your advice and also for making me feel very welcome on this forum. My computer was infected with a bad virus/Trojan/spy-ware and everything else that my security program(bloody bullguard Evil or Very Mad )was supposed to protect me from, a day after I posted my question and I've only just got it back.

NJF: No hard feelings.... Honest!!! Twisted Evil Thanks for reminding me about the Ryton traders show, I forgot about it last year and probably would of done this year as well if it were not for you. I think I may have had a bit of luck this mourning whilst walking my daughter to school, I noticed some builders throwing some plants in to a skip and one of the plants caught my eye so I asked if I could take it and they let me Very Happy , much to my daughters frustration Razz hehe. I'm sure its a Itoigawa juniper, I will attempt to post some pics soon for a 'hopefully' positive i.d. I mean its not a potential bonsai but if it is a Itoigawa it will be great for making some cuttings.

Bob Bailey: Thanks I will check Dai-Ichi out.

Fiona: I will keep checking back at Kaizen as I've been happy with everything I've ever bought from him(God I sound like I've took a bribe don't I.) . Will defo check out the Birmingham show. And you probably will see me there Fiona, just look for the tall bloke that's about to buy something that's overpriced and about to die and you have found me lol! yup not had much luck in the past. I seem to be able to find the one less than honest trader, seriously its a gift!

Tony: Love the video, reminded me a bit of my own upbringing(my farther being Asian). Love reading your posts and seeing the pics Tony.
I would ask about the junipers you mentioned but I'm quite tired now after volunteering at the orphanage all day and rescuing the old lady from that burning building this mourning so I know you will just go ahead and do the right thing thumbs up Laughing mwahaha... oh bugger am I still typing.... how do I turn this bloody thing...off...s#$*

johny

Back to top Go down

Post  NJF Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:11 am

Hey Johnny, hope you went to Ryton! There were Itoigawa saplings to be had. I got one off of John Pitt. Very Happy
NJF
NJF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down