Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Sumatera Stones

3 posters

Go down

South Sumatera Stones Empty South Sumatera Stones

Post  Mangku Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:22 am

Hi...! fellow of IBC especially Suiseki lovers. I am a new in this Forum. I'll try to show you some stone from South Sumatera rivers.
I have this stone for a few years but I don't know how to manage them to exhibit in public, I don't have daiza because no one understand what kind on daiza will be made. Hope your advice to my stones please.

[urlSouth Sumatera Stones Dsc01911=http:South Sumatera Stones Dsc01912South Sumatera Stones Stone_10//www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=29&u=16191836]South Sumatera Stones Dsc01910[/url]
Mangku
Mangku

Back to top Go down

South Sumatera Stones Empty Re: South Sumatera Stones

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:28 am

I am more of a plant person than a stone person, but for this stone, I think you should decide which feature you wish to highlight and then develop a Chinese style stand. Do you have a wood carver in your community? From my limited observation, stands for Japanese style stones are simple and are designed to support the stone, but stands for Chinese style stones can become more expressive and flow from and into the stone.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:51 pm

Hi Mangku... Welcome to the Stone Forum. Your bonsai posts indicate a rich appreciation for natural art & stones go with it so well.

I agree with Billy that the stones have more in common with appreciation of their dynamic features rather than quiet & subtle features. The first and last illustration appear to be of the same stone (and same front) viewed at different heights. I imagine the head of a bird or fish coming out of a deep dive near the stone's bottom-right corner. The image is so fleeting that the viewer only sees the bird's (or possibly fish's) head clearly.

One stone could be mounted in suiseki-style as a landscape rock surmounted by a hut, though a successful mounting would probably require cutting the stone. Many stone enthusiasts will avoid cutting stones except for a VERY EXCEPTIONAL view and I would recommend that practice to you. You'll have more opportunity (and energy directed) to save stones that don't require cutting if avoiding stones that can be only be mounted artistically after cutting.

This view suggests a hut on a massive landscape rock...South Sumatera Stones Sumatr10
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  Mangku Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:28 pm

Thanks Chris & Billy, your idea and comment wake-up my mind. In some a few years I just keep my stones under my bonsai rack, I don't know what to do , here I never meet any one who really understand about suiseki with whom I can learn about suiseki knowledge. Now I've found this forum which I can get information how to manage suiseki
Here more of my stone, additional pic no 3 from back and right side
South Sumatera Stones Stone_12[url=http:/South Sumatera Stones Stone_13/South Sumatera Stones Stone_14www.servimg.comSouth Sumatera Stones Stone_15/image_preview.php?i=33&u=16191836]South Sumatera Stones Stone_11[/url]

Your ideas, comments and critique are very appriciate

Thank you

Mangku
Mangku
Mangku

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Chris Cochrane wrote:

This view suggests a hut on a massive landscape rock...South Sumatera Stones Sumatr10

Does anyone else see a face in this stone?
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down