Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

playing with light - juniper cascade

+2
Jeff Lahr
kauaibonsai
6 posters

Go down

playing with light -  juniper cascade Empty playing with light - juniper cascade

Post  kauaibonsai Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:22 pm

just repotted this nursery stock juniper from a training pot into this much smaller lotus style. the tree and rock are at last beginning to merge into a believable composition. the smaller pot helps. faced with a bad weather day, I brought the plant indoors, hung the backdrop, put the point and shoot on the tripod and took a bunch of shots moving the light around. anyone have a preference? bear with the amateurish efforts.

best wishes, sam

playing with light -  juniper cascade Dsc08514playing with light -  juniper cascade Dsc08515playing with light -  juniper cascade Dsc08610playing with light -  juniper cascade Dsc08611playing with light -  juniper cascade Dsc08612playing with light -  juniper cascade Dsc08613playing with light -  juniper cascade Dsc08614

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

playing with light -  juniper cascade Empty Re: playing with light - juniper cascade

Post  Jeff Lahr Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:32 am

I like the top right photo and the bottom one. Both of these have an even lighting that best displays the tree. The top right one has a bit more contrast than does the bottom one.

Jeff Lahr

Back to top Go down

playing with light -  juniper cascade Empty Re: playing with light - juniper cascade

Post  stavros Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:07 am

i would recommend studying the following link: http://leonia.zoology.washington.edu/bonsai/photography/CrowsGuide.html

a very simple, yet detailed guide to photographing bonsai.

stavros

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul B [Swindon] Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:14 am

Stavros

Thanks for the link, I found it very interesting. I haven't done any serious photography for quite some years. After reading the link, I am heading for the depths of my cupboard to dig out my camera and tripod. You never know this site may even be subjected to a few of my photos in the future.

Thanks
Paul
Paul B [Swindon]
Paul B [Swindon]

Back to top Go down

Post  jupp Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:48 pm

very interesting...
jupp
jupp

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravi Kiran Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:04 pm

Definitely the last one. It has the most even distribution of light on the tree. The others have a focal point/area on which light is specifically focused.

Ravi
Ravi Kiran
Ravi Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down