Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kengai Ficus

+2
Billy M. Rhodes
Mangku
6 posters

Go down

Kengai Ficus Empty Kengai Ficus

Post  Mangku Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:58 pm

Now I've sucsess to posted my pic. This is the first time I joint to this bonsai forum, I would like to show my Kengai ficus.
I got it two years ago from a friend, he planted in the plastic pot in some few years until its root reached ground deep enough. Its height about 2 metres.
In my home yard I cutted its height also long root, change with new soil. and I found a kengai shape then I planted in a small drum, healthy grown. In the last December This Ficus start to plant in a new pot with new soil. Still not satisfied me, really in progress. I hope in a few years in the future my ficus tree will become a good bonsai. To all the friend, please give me some idea, critique or anything to make this tree become more beautiful, thanks

SKengai Ficus Kengai10
noKengai Ficus Kengai11

Note : Pic No. 1. back fiew & pic No. 2 front fiew
- Sorry for my English not good enough
Mangku
Mangku

Back to top Go down

Kengai Ficus Empty Re: Kengai Ficus

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:27 pm

Your English is great. Thanks for posting.

You can defoliate this tree for a better look at the structure. At this point I think you have too much foliage and too many branches.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Mangku Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:19 pm

Thanks Billy for your idea, as I said before, I am still not satisfiend with this shape, so I need any idea, critique and comment from any person.
In October last year I have prunned this tree, but here in tropical all plant become green so fast especially in rainy season like now. Actually its branches must be remove some in next few month.

This one of my ficus I just prunned last week

Kengai Ficus Dsc01710
Mangku
Mangku

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:37 am

I think your Kengai Ficus isa nice looking tree. If you wire the lowest hanging branch to match the direction of the "One right above it" you would add more movement to the tree. You might need a more shallow pot for this though.
I'll try to create an image for you.
Best, Todd

/// **********
///// **********
//////// >
////////// ******
______________ ************
[ ] **************
[ ] ****************
[ ]
________
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:39 am

I created an image of a tree in a pot, but when I sent my message, the image did not work.
Anyway, consider bending the lowest (large) branch towards the right; in the direction of the branch above it.
Best, Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:48 am

My thoughts would be to eliminate the vertical cascade branch as it drops straight down and lacks movement. Good semi cascade.Kengai Ficus Kengai10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravi Kiran Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:50 am

I am with Will on his suggested branch reduction. The result would be very pleasing. Do give it active consideration...

Ravi
Ravi Kiran
Ravi Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  DreadyKGB Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:28 am

I also agree about the lowest part of the cascade branch being removed. This would also mean that it would need a shallower pot. I think this image looks more natural and pleasing.

Kengai Ficus Kengai10

Todd
DreadyKGB
DreadyKGB

Back to top Go down

Post  Mangku Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:06 am

@ Todd Ellis :
Thanks for your idea. Yes, that is one of alternative to shape this ficus. I am always waiting your image, hope it will work good next time

@ Will Baddelay :
Nice idea Will, I have ever though abaout this style, but not now, I must waiting the proggress of the vertical branch first, I'll try to bend
this branch use bigger size wire to achieve ideal shape.
@ Ravi Kiran :
I honoured your idea too. Sure, I must consider very much before we remove that branch.
@ DreadyKGB :
Ooooh, it is very nice image. thank you very much friend.
Friends,
I very, very appriciate all your kindness such as comment, idea and advice to me.
This is the first forum I found where every one free to comment give any idea or teach any one else about their bonsai. I am happy can joined this forum
Bravo for IBC....!
Mangku
Mangku

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:30 pm

You could have a very nice cutting by taking off that lower branch. I would do this in late Spring or Summer.
Best, Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Kengai Ficus Empty kengai ficus

Post  moyogijohn Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:35 pm

I am with everyone else!! prune that long stright branch..with a more shallow pot maybe you could tilt the tree more to the left to bring the apex more upright...my opion that will make you a much better tree.. post again with your desion...take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down