Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonsai Virgin

2 posters

Go down

Bonsai Virgin Empty Bonsai Virgin

Post  MarcRN Fri May 01, 2009 7:08 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I am a bonsai virgin. However I have been interested in the art for years. I have been reading a lot, trying to learn. I went to the local bonsai convention here in St. Louis to browse. I purchased a few things, including a pot, some bonsai mix for planting. amd a japanese cedar (about 5 inches tall). I did repot it already. I will try to put a picture of it on here Monday if I can figure out the logistic of doing so. So if you have any pointers or wisdom to share with me I would be very grateful.

Marc

MarcRN

Back to top Go down

Bonsai Virgin Empty Re: Bonsai Virgin

Post  Randy_Davis Fri May 01, 2009 8:01 pm

Hi Marc,

Books are always the best thing for someone just starting out in bonsai, but the best place to get information and instruction is to join a local club. If you were at the St. Louis Shohin show last weekend you should consider joining the St. Louis Club if your in driving distance to it. It's a large club and has many good knowledgeable members. They used to meet the first Tuesday of each month at the St. Louis arboretum around 6:30-7:00 pm. You can get more detailed information at the club website. www.stlbonsai.org

I used to belong to that club but found that it was just to much to drive 3 hours one way to the meetings. Glad your taking up the hobby and wish you the best of luck!
Randy_Davis
Randy_Davis

Back to top Go down

Post  MarcRN Fri May 01, 2009 8:22 pm

Randy_Davis wrote:Hi Marc,

Books are always the best thing for someone just starting out in bonsai, but the best place to get information and instruction is to join a local club. If you were at the St. Louis Shohin show last weekend you should consider joining the St. Louis Club if your in driving distance to it. It's a large club and has many good knowledgeable members. They used to meet the first Tuesday of each month at the St. Louis arboretum around 6:30-7:00 pm. You can get more detailed information at the club website. www.stlbonsai.org

I used to belong to that club but found that it was just to much to drive 3 hours one way to the meetings. Glad your taking up the hobby and wish you the best of luck!

Thank you sir

MarcRN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down