Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures

+26
Ed Trout
Jeremy
Paul B (Scotland)
Lee Adams
Kev Bailey
Stone Monkey
Todd Ellis
Rob Kempinski
Pavel Slovák
Harleyrider
bigsteve
Ravi Kiran
ogie
Tom
handy mick
geoff
Mike Jones
Mark Cooper
Paul B [Swindon]
wabashene
alex e
fiona
john pitt
Ian Warhurst
chris
Bob Bailey
30 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures

Post  geoff Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:19 pm

A few more trees from Swindon show

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures - Page 2 Swin2025

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures - Page 2 Swin2026

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures - Page 2 Swin2027

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures - Page 2 Swin2028

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures - Page 2 Swin2029

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures - Page 2 Swin2030

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures - Page 2 Swin2031

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures - Page 2 Swin2032

geoff

Back to top Go down

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures

Post  Guest Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:23 pm

I'm even more P****d off that I couldn't make it than I was before the show. It's in the diary for next year for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:38 pm

Some very nice trees there.
What species is the one with the hollowed trunk?
What is the group planting in the final pic - Forsythia?

Tom
Tom
Tom

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:39 pm

Thanks for sharing Paul, Beautiful Smile

Regards,
Alex
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:55 pm

will baddeley wrote:I'm even more P****d off that I couldn't make it than I was before the show. It's in the diary for next year for sure.

This is the perfect show for your trees Will, You could have shown this year as good 'ol Simon Temblett did not turn up AGAIN and they had to fill his blank space with a rather nice Hawthorn *blush*

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:58 pm

Hello Tony. Whats the criteria for showing at Swindon, send the commitee photos?

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul B [Swindon] Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:19 pm

Will

Maybe I can help with your question to Tony, ...........bribe the Chairman should work. [Only kidding]

Usualy it is by invite, a photo is a good idea to either me or Reg Bolton. I already have several candidates who wish to attend next year, the photo will go to the committee for selection. We would love to have everybody, but of course we have to restrict it or we will need yet another larger hall and then the costs just get stupid.

Paul
Chairman
Swindon & District Bonsai Society
Paul B [Swindon]
Paul B [Swindon]

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Jones Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:39 pm

You know Paul … I really can't stop thinking about yesterday's show, it was to me THAT good! I've done a few over 25 years or so, all in the UK as I don't get the opportunity for travel sadly. In my humble opinion (bold statement coming up …. drum roll) it is the best I have ever seen. From the obvious organisation to the space to view, wonderful …cept the flipping lights, boy did they play havoc with camera:-)

I'd also like to thank the very kind Swindon member who took me all round looking for someone in particular, he was so helpful. Senior gentleman on the stall immediately to the right as you enter the room where lectures were. He also took time out to explain in great detail how he had air-layered the Siberian Elm on his table. Roll on next year.
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravi Kiran Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:56 pm

Dear Paul & Geoff,

Those are some real nice trees. Thanks for the pics. Having mentioned that there were about 350 trees.... well it would be great to see atleast 10% of the displayed trees. So please do the honours.... Shall look forward to the same.

Of the trees that Geoff had posted this one is my favourite..
2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures - Page 2 Rooton10
I simply love the way the roots have gone over the rock... BTW what species is this tree???

Regards
Ravi
Ravi Kiran
Ravi Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:30 pm

Thanks Paul. Will send you a pm.
I agree with Ravi......GET SOME MORE PICTURES POSTED. Mark's wierd orb flash seems to have sorted out the cepia tones ok?
Ravi. The tree you mention is a Trident Maple. Its looked after by Tracy M I think and the stone has a pool in it too.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul B [Swindon] Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:36 pm

Mike
Thanks for your comments, glad you enjoyed it, the lights weren't to bad to the eye just the camera, I hope that Mark has better luck with his state of the art camera kit. I can't wait to see how they come out.

I have already spoken to another club member who is a bit of a camera buff, maybe we could set up a side room with a photographic area. But that is very labour intensive and dangerous, carrying the trees in to be photographed and I am sure that the owners may not be too happy about their tree moving around. It also has the negative effect of disrupting the enjoyment of the visitors to the show. The lighting is certainly better than the last venue and as long as the photos give the viewer an idea of the quality of trees, it will always be better to come and see the tree on the day of the show.

Paul
Paul B [Swindon]
Paul B [Swindon]

Back to top Go down

Post  wabashene Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:46 pm

I took quite a few and will fiddle with them and post anything not already here.

Stunning standard of trees - and imo a better "show" than JOB - as it was all trees virtually with a scattering of vendors rather than the other way round. The majority of the trees were on the large side but none the worse for that.

Your elm (amongst others) would have slotted in a treat here Will

My wife who is a relative bonsai virgin was particularly impressed with the greater proportion that looked "just like trees" but was not so fond of the 20% or so that "looked like pieces of art."

We had a lunch date in Marlborough and had to leave just as some bloke started lecturing about attacking a tree with a hammer whilst drunk.

Does anyone know who he was?

Laughing
Thks

TimR
wabashene
wabashene

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Cooper Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:50 pm

Congratulations to the guys at Swindon for organising their best Winter Image Show to date, in which Ritta and I were privileged to exhibit.

So, starting with the smallest trees on exhibit, here are a few photos of the Mame, for which class there was no award. (Apologies for the colour cast from the sodium lighting in the exhibition hall)

Bob B's mini Tokonoma exhibit, complete with Itoigawa, Kingfisher accent, and suiseki

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures - Page 2 Tokono10

A close up of the Itoigawa in it's new Rene LeCoq pot in an "Ox blood" colour glaze.

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures - Page 2 Tokono11

Bobs other Mame display

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures - Page 2 Mame_c10

Close up of the Ibota (Jaopanes Ligustrum) and delightful primula accent

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures - Page 2 Mame_i10

A closer look at one delightful tree from another of Bob's Mame exhibits ; a Musk Maple (Premna)

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures - Page 2 Mamae_11

More pics to follow later. Mark

Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Cooper Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:02 pm

To refer back to the question ask earlier by Ravi about the tree below. It is a Trident Maple over a pool rock, owned by John T and was one of three trees as part of a club's display.

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures - Page 2 J_trot11

Mark

Last edited by Mark Cooper on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : better photo)
Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul B [Swindon] Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:21 pm

Thanks Mark

Some nice photo's, you can have the Photographers job next year......if we can afford you!!!

Paul
Paul B [Swindon]
Paul B [Swindon]

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:27 pm

Mark may look silly wandering around with that baloon like apendage, but it works.
Paul. click the red box next to log out that says messages.

Back to top Go down

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures - Page 2 Empty swindon witer image show pictures

Post  Bob Bailey Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:02 pm

Hi Mark
Thanks for the photo,s and thankyou to you and Ritta for contributing with your ABC display and your stunningly beautiful Shohin display in helping to make this our most successful show ever.Also thankyou for the accents Ritta,what would I do without you?
Bob

Bob Bailey

Back to top Go down

Post  bigsteve Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:11 pm

Tom wrote:Some very nice trees there.
What species is the one with the hollowed trunk?
What is the group planting in the final pic - Forsythia?

Tom
tom its mountain maple - it was on our display the overhead colours from the lights in the hall give a false colour. the tree opened out dramatically as the day went on!
bigsteve
bigsteve

Back to top Go down

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures - Page 2 Empty Thanks

Post  Mark Cooper Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:20 pm

Paul, Will and Bob, thanks for the kind comments. Much appreciated.

Bob, Ritta says that "your are most welcome"...that's what friends are for.

Shohin exhibit pictures will be posted very soon; watch this space

Mark (& Ritta)
Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:03 pm

I'm currently 'fettling' the 70-odd pics I took at the show and will post them shortly. Those lights were a reet pain!

Mucho thinkitude has to go to the organisers of this truly awesome show. The sheer number of quality trees that it attracts says more about it's importance than any amount of plaudits I could heap on it. In short, you need to put it on your 'Bucket List' asap!

Yes, Mr Baddeley, you were conspicuous in your absence. I was really looking forward to a spot of verbal sparring!

It was great to catch up with some IBC/Burrs faces (Wirral crew and Dragon Boyos), as well as meet some for the first time (Big Steve and the Splinter Group). Even Fiona managed to put in an appearance, albeit a little later than anticipated! (I think she broke the record for the number of 'feckin's' you could fit into a 1 minute phone call!)

The pics that will be appearing over the next few days will say more about the show and the trees therein than my meagre grasp on the language could, so I'll shut mi gob an' go upload a few o' mi own. Si'thee.

Erm......if anyone got a pic of Mr T recieving his innoculation certificate, can they share it cos I was otherwise engaged trying to calm down an irate Glaswegian bird in the carpark at the time Rolling Eyes
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Pavel Slovák Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:14 pm

Hi Paul

Very beautiful trees. Definitely a good show.Thanks for sharing photos. ThumbsUp

Pavel
Pavel Slovák
Pavel Slovák

Back to top Go down

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures - Page 2 Empty Tony T receiving his Certificate of Merit

Post  Mark Cooper Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:21 pm

Harleyrider wrote:Erm......if anyone got a pic of Mr T recieving his innoculation certificate, can they share it cos I was otherwise engaged trying to calm down an irate Glaswegian bird in the carpark at the time Rolling Eyes
Your wish is my command. Here's Tony receiving his well deserved certificate(s) from the President of the Swindon and District BS, Reg Bolton ......

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures - Page 2 Reg_an10

Mark

Last edited by Mark Cooper on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:24 pm

Dance

Cheers Mark. I only asked cos we needed to prove to his carer where he was.
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Jones Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:27 pm

Harleyrider wrote: Dance

You ever thought about writing as a career? You have made me chuckle so you have Very Happy No doubt Tony will be allowed out again soon in the near future to play.

Mike
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Cooper Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:29 pm

Harleyrider wrote: Dance

No problem ..you're most welcome.

BTW I liked your's and Tony's exhibits.

Mark
Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next