Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures

+26
Ed Trout
Jeremy
Paul B (Scotland)
Lee Adams
Kev Bailey
Stone Monkey
Todd Ellis
Rob Kempinski
Pavel Slovák
Harleyrider
bigsteve
Ravi Kiran
ogie
Tom
handy mick
geoff
Mike Jones
Mark Cooper
Paul B [Swindon]
wabashene
alex e
fiona
john pitt
Ian Warhurst
chris
Bob Bailey
30 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Empty Swindon and District Bonsai Society 9th Winter Image Show

Post  Bob Bailey Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:32 am

To those of you who missed the Noelanders Show this year why not try the next best thing! The Swindon and District Bonsai Society 9th Winter Image Show will be held on 20th February at the Grange Community Centre (details on Swindon-Bonsai.co.uk)

9 visiting Societies, individual displays by some of Britains top bonsai artists, 8 top Uk bonsai traders, awards in 7 different catergories, full catering and bar and ample parking.
Hope to see you there
Bob Bailey
Vice Chairman
Swindon and District Bonsai Society

Bob Bailey

Back to top Go down

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Empty Re: 2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures

Post  chris Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:55 am

Hi Bob, both Dragon and Celtic Knot are looking forward to this great event!!!

Not to be missed

Regards Chris
chris
chris

Back to top Go down

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Empty Re: 2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures

Post  Ian Warhurst Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:12 pm

Hi Bob, looking forward to it, can`t wait!.

Ian.

Ian Warhurst

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:54 pm

Apparently some NORTHERN oik is master of ceremonies... BTW I will be there too showing three trees

Back to top Go down

Post  john pitt Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:01 pm

An unmissable event, one of the best winter image shows anywhere.

I'll be there both as a Trader and Exhibitor,

John.

john pitt

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:50 pm

Well that seals it then. If both of those sex gods Bob Bailey and John Pitt are going to be there.... flutter eyelashes flutter eyelashes

I have never managed to one but am planning on remedying that this year as I have heard such good things about it. Hope we're not under 6 foot of snow again that weekend.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Empty Didn't we have alovely time the day we went to Swindon

Post  Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:40 pm

In my little Chara theys gonna be a whole lotta folk... including Harleyrider, Matt, Simon Jones and a few 'ol trees an all thumbs up

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Up-nor10

Back to top Go down

Post  john pitt Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:26 am

[quote="fiona"]Well that seals it then. If both of those sex gods Bob Bailey and John Pitt are going to be there.... flutter eyelashes flutter eyelashes

steady on Fiona, I'd hoped to keep a lid on these rumours Smile

john pitt

Back to top Go down

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Empty Swindon Show

Post  Bob Bailey Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:57 pm

Fiona, you have made an old man very happy, John will be so pleased!

Bob Bailey

Back to top Go down

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Empty Swindon show

Post  alex e Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:32 am

[quote="fiona"]Well that seals it then. If both of those sex gods Bob Bailey and John Pitt are going to be there.... flutter eyelashes flutter eyelashes
Oh thanks Fiona!!!Rolling Eyes cast me off like an auld rag Crying or Very sad

New Dawn Bonsai preparing as we speak, cant wait

Alex e Bagpiper
alex e
alex e

Back to top Go down

Post  wabashene Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:49 pm

Are there any "hidden" rooms I should know about this time a la Wessex Bonsai Show as am planning to attend?

Embarassed

Its a very pleasant drive via Savernake Forest and over the Marlborough Downs from Southampton btw.

TimR
wabashene
wabashene

Back to top Go down

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Empty Winter Image Show

Post  Paul B [Swindon] Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:52 pm

wabashene wrote:Are there any "hidden" rooms I should know about this time a la Wessex Bonsai Show as am planning to attend?

Embarassed

Its a very pleasant drive via Savernake Forest and over the Marlborough Downs from Southampton btw.

TimR

Hi Tim
All the display trees are in one big room with the overflow of traders and a small demo area off of it, so you shouldn't get too lost. The only other room you may need is the cafe & Bar area, but that should be easy to find!!! Follow the smell of Bacon butties

Paul [Swindon]
Paul B [Swindon]
Paul B [Swindon]

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Cooper Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:57 pm

Here are just a few photos from Swindon’s 2010 Winter Image Show to whet your appetites for this coming Sunday’s 2011 show :-

Best in Show / Best Deciduous. Koren Hornbeam

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Best_d10

Best Shohin Display (Broom style Zelkova and Red pine)

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Best_s10

Best Shohin (Chinese Elm)

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Best_s11

More photos from 2010 can be found here http://swindon-bonsai.co.uk/2011/01/28/2010-swindon-winter-show/#more-470

Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Empty Winter Image Show

Post  Paul B [Swindon] Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:16 pm

You took some lovely photos Mark. Hope you take even more at this year's show [2011] At least the lighting conditions should be better!

Paul
Very Happy
Paul B [Swindon]
Paul B [Swindon]

Back to top Go down

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Empty Swindon and District Bonsai Society 9th Winter Image Show

Post  Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:45 am

Best wishes to all at Swindon today. Really miffed I won't be there. Next year for certain.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Jones Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:00 pm

Just a quick update on the 2011 Swindon & District show, Summary ... WOW!

I've been to a few shows in my time but the quality today was just awesome. I was blown away by the quality of so many exhibits. The new venue is a good one; plenty of room to view trees and see the trader stands; (Ouch, wallet is much lighter now) I just could not resist those John Pitt pots (say that quickly).

I expect there will be plenty of photos uploaded so I'll leave it to the Swindon fellas and ladies to show you samples. I took some so will upload tomorrow if none are on by then.

Honestly, having visited the Swindon show some years ago, I just cannot say how the quality knocked my socks off.

In a word ...Stunning.

Fiona, I looked for you but we must have missed one another.

Mike
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Back to top Go down

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Empty Swindon Bonsai show

Post  Bob Bailey Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:01 pm

On behalf of the Swindon Club I would like to thank all those who attended to-days Show,the visitors,visiting societies,and the traders,all of whom made this our most successful to date. Thanks to the Judges Ken Lever,Paul Goff and John Trott,and to Bob thompson of Dai-ichi Bonsai for sponsering the Trophies.
A special thanks to our Master Of ceremonies the man of wit from up north Mr Tony Tickle,cheers Tony a grand job!
Hope to see you all next year at our 10th anniversary Show. Thank you all once again
Bob Bailey
Vice Chairman Swindon and District Bonsai Society

Bob Bailey

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Jones Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:06 pm

Hi Bob

I know one thing! I sincerely doubt that you will better this one. Best show I have been to for years. Awesome organisation and trees that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.

Thank you.

Mike
Mike Jones
Mike Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul B [Swindon] Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:59 pm

Thanks Will & Mike for your comments

Bob, I would also like to add my thanks as Chairman of the Swindon Club, to everyone, that made this such a special show.

The Northern Oik [Tony] did a great job, his voice is a lot louder and was well projected to the other end of the hall. Tony also did a case study of his 3 Hawthorn display. It is a shame that we didn't have a larger demo area, as his talk was enjoyed by everyone that managed to get near it. Thanks Tony.

I am sure that Mark will be posting some of his good photo's on here after he has driven back to South Wales and had a cuppa or two. Then he will have to sort through the numerous shots that he took. So for those that can't wait to see some of them, here are a few.......

Best Large Deciduous.
2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Best_l12
Best Chuhin
2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Best_c10
Best Shohin
2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Best_s10
Best Shohin Display
2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Best_s11
Tree Award, Sponsored by Dai-ichi Bonsai, Newbury & Redditch
2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Award10

These are just a few of the many great trees at the show, Hope to see everyone there next year.
Paul B
Chairman, Swindon & District Bonsai Society
Paul B [Swindon]
Paul B [Swindon]

Back to top Go down

Post  geoff Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:18 pm

A few more images from the show

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Swin2011

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Swin2012

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Swin2013

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Swin2014

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Swin2015

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Swin2016

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Swin2017

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Swin2018

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Swin2019

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Swin2020

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Swin2021

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Swin2022

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Swin2023

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Swin2024

A great exhibition of trees

geoff

Back to top Go down

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Empty Re: Swindon and District Bonsai Society 9th Winter Image Show

Post  Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:30 pm

Looks like it was a great show. Someone needs to start a new thread in bonsai, rather than down here in announcements. Good to see you posting Geoff. Will give you a ring.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:02 am

Swindon Winter Show is a CLUB show... and WHAT a fantastic show, the quality the majority of the trees was very high indeed and as high as any show I have seen in the rest of Europe. WELL DONE to the show committee and club members for getting it together on the day.

I made the journey south leaving a 5.00am collecting Harleyrider on the way arriving at 9.00 to a hive of activity in preparation for the show opening at 10.30. I displayed three hawthorns that formed the basis of my case study talk, and was pleased to receive a certificate of Merit for one of the trees.

The shear amount of work and technique employed in the creation of the deciduous trees was breathtaking. And a big surprise being that many trees... and in particular the better trees had been grown FROM SEED by the owners... displaying a fine branch structure.

Swindon Winter Show is firmly fixed in the UK Bonsai Calendar as a MUST VISIT event. Miss it and weep. I will be there again in 2012.

Bob... thanks for your kind comments, there were artists more worthy at the event that should have presented the prises thank you asking me.

One down side was the colour of the lighting in the hall is Sodium lighting, this is why the photos as mostly yellow, so the best photos will have been made with a flash... or you could be a clever clogs (like me) and tweak the images in photoshop (see below) not *perfect* but a bit better Cool

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Swin2010

Last edited by tony on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Empty 2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures

Post  Paul B [Swindon] Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:09 am

Held on Sunday, the 20th Feb 2011 at The Stratton Community Centre, Grange Drive, Swindon, Wiltshire. UK

The figures have now been checked and in all there were about 350 of us at the show during the day.

Best Large Deciduous Award
2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Best_l14
Best Chuhin Award
2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Best_c12
Best Shohin Award
2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Best_s14
Best Shohin Display Award
2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Best_s15
Tree Award
2011, 9th Swindon 'Winter Image' Show pictures Best_s15

A few photo's to get the ball rolling, thanks to everyone who took part and see you all next year.

Paul
Chairman
Swindon & District Bonsai Society
Paul B [Swindon]
Paul B [Swindon]

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul B [Swindon] Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:13 am

Thanks Will.

It's a good idea, I have done what you suggest. I hope that I have got it right as I have only been on this site for about a week and still finding my way around.

Tony, thanks for the comments and photo

Paul
Paul B [Swindon]
Paul B [Swindon]

Back to top Go down

Post  handy mick Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:23 am

Thanks Paul for the photos, fantastic.

Mick.

handy mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next