Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

preparing for first time exhibit

+22
kauaibonsai
dexworks
Albert Ward
stavros
ogie
sunip
fiona
Jonny D
stephen clarke
Pavel Slovák
moyogijohn
rexman
Ravi Kiran
Billy M. Rhodes
Mohan
my nellie
Rob Kempinski
Khaimraj Seepersad
JimLewis
Todd Ellis
Ka Pabling
pongsatorn.k
26 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

preparing for first time exhibit - Page 5 Empty Re: preparing for first time exhibit

Post  Guest Thu May 05, 2011 10:21 am

aapparently it fell on its own! They said. But i think a humming bird tried to pearch on my tree.. regards, jun

Back to top Go down

preparing for first time exhibit - Page 5 Empty Re: preparing for first time exhibit

Post  Guest Thu May 05, 2011 11:05 am

I was at a show earlier in the year. There was an "artist" there that took in upon himself to give a ctitique of the trees on display. While we were watching him strut around, we noticed he was touching all the trees. He got close to my friends tree and she leapt up to have a word just as his jumper caught an important jin and off it came. Devastating. I really feel for you.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 05, 2011 12:06 pm

After a couple of beer I feel sober again.
cant cry over spilled milk or should i say over a spilled tree.
I rearranged my slab and continue the display and Let them judge it.
karate kid won anyway with a broken leg why not my trees with a broken branch hehehe.

regards,
jun Sad

Back to top Go down

preparing for first time exhibit - Page 5 Empty living art

Post  Mitch Thomas Thu May 05, 2011 1:25 pm

Jun
Wow thats a tuff nock. Buts that one of the problems and blessings of living art. I am sure when you recompose the slab it will be even better. Even so they should have said some thing to you and at least said they were sorry.
Mitch

Mitch Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 05, 2011 2:08 pm

Mitch Thomas wrote:Jun
Wow thats a tuff nock. Buts that one of the problems and blessings of living art. I am sure when you recompose the slab it will be even better. Even so they should have said some thing to you and at least said they were sorry.
Mitch

In fairness to the organizer, they apologized later in the day. and that's enough for me. and I won't ask for anymore reason why it happened. It will be a learning experienced for all of us...got to move on. More tasks ahead and we all got to stick together, when I joined them like joining IBC I am joining all the way.

baptism of fire happens even in bonsai.

regards,
jun
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Thu May 05, 2011 3:04 pm

Oh, dear Jun, I really feel so sorry for your trees and you....
This is not just a pity but this is a shame!
If I were in your shoes I would investigate the possibility of bringing up some kind of information/protest postcard in front of the trees... But on the other hand.... It's also a matter of underground channels and the authority that some people have to block entries in shows, I'm afraid....
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 05, 2011 3:32 pm

my nellie wrote:Oh, dear Jun, I really feel so sorry for your trees and you....
This is not just a pity but this is a shame!
If I were in your shoes I would investigate the possibility of bringing up some kind of information/protest postcard in front of the trees... But on the other hand.... It's also a matter of underground channels and the authority that some people have to block entries in shows, I'm afraid....

That is true!
There is a local circumstances here that I cannot say publicly specially in the forum. Lets just say, I have to be nice for the sake of the majority and the organization that I am part of right now. I am starting to see the wider scope of the political sense of it all.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravi Kiran Fri May 06, 2011 6:52 am

I still cannot believe that something like this can happen..... anywhere in the world.... Jun I am really sorry for you and for the trees. I hope they make it as Causarina are a hardy species.... Wishing you all the best for the trees survival.....

Ravi
Ravi Kiran
Ravi Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Fri May 06, 2011 8:38 pm

Sorry to hear about the damage.

Unfortunately, transporting trees to a show invariably causes some sort of damage. The bigger the tree the more likely to have some sort of problem. Having tree damaged at the show is rarer but still happens. I have even heard of trees being stolen while at a show (actually happened to me with my shohin Hackberry). However, the organizers not saying anything to you is indeed strange.

I hope the Casaurina recovers - it is a tough tree. Use the broken branches as an opportunity to add character to the design.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  stavros Sat May 07, 2011 8:19 am

Hi Jun,
Sorry to hear that mate Sad
All your dreams and efforts shattered......
But as you said, we move one.

stavros

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:23 am

Hi IBC.
I am activating this thread once again, so bear with me my friends...for the next preparations for the second and third participation in an exhibit. I got a shorter notice this time (come on mang Pabling, three weeks?! hehehe) for the coming exhibits, I got some trees ready for the shows in the next coming month. then I also received an invitation for October from the different region.
Some of the trees I didn't include in the national exhibiton is much ok now (I hope).

This tree for one., you are all familiar with. I rarely totally defoliate a Phempis acidula as it is not healthy for the tree, but this tree got a problem, but it is recoved well now after the treatment. New shoots are coming out and no die back occured. sunny
I am also planning to change the viewing angle, after I jinned the back branch. the back is now the preferred front.

front before the jin works.
preparing for first time exhibit - Page 5 Dsc_0415

after new front.
preparing for first time exhibit - Page 5 Dsc_0516

new shoots 2 weeks ago...
preparing for first time exhibit - Page 5 Dsc_0517

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:55 pm

This huge literati is now ready for action.

I can't put it in a shallow round pot, it wont stand. What do you think guys with this pot?.

preparing for first time exhibit - Page 5 Dsc_0627

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  jrodriguez Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:24 pm

jun wrote:This huge literati is now ready for action.

I can't put it in a shallow round pot, it wont stand. What do you think guys with this pot?.

preparing for first time exhibit - Page 5 Dsc_0627

regards,
jun Smile

Jun,

Mulawin? I think this pot is entirely too deep for this tree. Maybe a drum pot or a lotus/papaya shaped pot might suit the tree better. In my opinion, it is too heavy and detracts from the overall image. In other words: too much pot for a graceful tree.

Selamat,

Jose Luis

jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmos Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:30 pm

Hi Jun
I quote Jose.

cosmos
cosmos
cosmos

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:28 am

Thanks Jose Luis and Cosmos.
The treee is "Yangya"- Terminalia fontalia

I have tried to put the tree in a shallower pot. but I am having problem in finding the fulcrum/equilibrium of the tree, I really don't stand up alone. even in this pot I still need to put heavy rock on top of the contorted base. The trunk is partially buried and anchored to a rock undertneath soil.

But I'll stretched my imagination further to come up with a solution.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:31 am

I am reworking for the new front and foliage and branch movement for this tree.
It will take around 6 months to a year to complete the tree and make it descent again.
The new viewing angle got more movement needed for a true windswept.

preparing for first time exhibit - Page 5 Dsc_0814

Phempis acidula is one of the most difficult to present as a believable windswept as we cannot totally defoliate the tree. Thus, the smallest brachlets will not follow the movement of the larger branches.

Sorry for the yellowish photo, the shot was taken in my dining room.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yuppie Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:08 am

jun wrote:Hi IBC.
I am activating this thread once again, so bear with me my friends...for the next preparations for the second and third participation in an exhibit. I got a shorter notice this time (come on mang Pabling, three weeks?! hehehe) for the coming exhibits, I got some trees ready for the shows in the next coming month. then I also received an invitation for October from the different region.
Some of the trees I didn't include in the national exhibiton is much ok now (I hope).

Hi Jun,

Mind if I ask when and where the coming exhibits will be? Thanks in advance...

LJ

Yuppie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:38 pm

Hi LJ.

For the first one, you could contact Ka Pabling. It will be held Sept 29 till the first week of Oct. the second one is by another group to be held 3rd week of October in Pampangga.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:56 pm

Hi Jun

Could this angle be an option?.....ballance Smile

preparing for first time exhibit - Page 5 Dsc_0610

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Yuppie Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:13 am

jun wrote:Hi LJ.

For the first one, you could contact Ka Pabling. It will be held Sept 29 till the first week of Oct. the second one is by another group to be held 3rd week of October in Pampangga.

regards,
jun Smile

Hi Jun,

Thanks...

Hi Ka Pabling,

May I ask where will be that show? Thanks in advance...

Regards,
LJ

Yuppie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5