Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Structuring branches

Go down

Structuring branches Empty Structuring branches

Post  Storm Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:48 pm

One of my elms have had a standstill. Not one leaf drops. And not one grows. Its been like that since I got it at the start of winter.
So I thought. What the heck its an S shaped one and doesnt have a too bright future.. I need some practice on using wire, and actually see what twigs to keep and what to remove. So I made an attemp, following are some pictures and I would love any guidance on whats good and whats bad. They will have to fill in ofcourse. I havent done the whole tree yet, since I lack thicker copper wire for the moment. I plan to put some more movement in the upper thick ones too.
By the way. Im having major problems to actually get good pictures of the branches. Here when I see the entire tree, it looks ok. But when photoed, the branches seems very thin and spread.
And. I know I shouldnt cross the wires. But the branches are so brittle Im afraid to snap them off. Thats why I used a very soft wire too.
Structuring branches Dsc_0311

Structuring branches Dsc_0312

Structuring branches Dsc_0313

There arent many branches left. When buying nursery material, you usually get many branches that are unwanted. A great deal are shaped like an L. The long straight one going out and straight down, then a new branch comes off in a 90 degree angle pointing upwards.

Sincerely.
Storm.
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Structuring branches Empty Re: Structuring branches

Post  Storm Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:55 pm

Here you see what Ive wired and what Ive not. I need thick wire for the first part of the branch. Its straight and im gonna put some movement into that area later.

Structuring branches Dsc_0314
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum