Structuring branches

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Structuring branches

Post  Storm on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:48 pm

One of my elms have had a standstill. Not one leaf drops. And not one grows. Its been like that since I got it at the start of winter.
So I thought. What the heck its an S shaped one and doesnt have a too bright future.. I need some practice on using wire, and actually see what twigs to keep and what to remove. So I made an attemp, following are some pictures and I would love any guidance on whats good and whats bad. They will have to fill in ofcourse. I havent done the whole tree yet, since I lack thicker copper wire for the moment. I plan to put some more movement in the upper thick ones too.
By the way. Im having major problems to actually get good pictures of the branches. Here when I see the entire tree, it looks ok. But when photoed, the branches seems very thin and spread.
And. I know I shouldnt cross the wires. But the branches are so brittle Im afraid to snap them off. Thats why I used a very soft wire too.

There arent many branches left. When buying nursery material, you usually get many branches that are unwanted. A great deal are shaped like an L. The long straight one going out and straight down, then a new branch comes off in a 90 degree angle pointing upwards.

Sincerely.
Storm.

Storm

Back to top Go down

Re: Structuring branches

Post  Storm on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:55 pm

Here you see what Ive wired and what Ive not. I need thick wire for the first part of the branch. Its straight and im gonna put some movement into that area later.

Storm

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum