Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An old Pomegranate

+9
lindzh
miguelpc
Hawaiian77
Karl Thier
kauaibonsai
Jerry Meislik
Jesse
Paul Landis
Bob Pressler
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

An old Pomegranate - Page 2 Empty Re: An old Pomegranate

Post  Bob Pressler Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:15 pm

It sits on the bench naked. I don't do anything for winter storage on this tree or most of my others. The only thing I do is move the ficus and bougainvillea's under the benches or into a outdoor room where I display my pots for sale. Typically we get a few nights- maybe 15-20 where it gets to 32 or so for a hour or two. Once in a blue moon we'll get into the high 20's for a little bit overnight.
Bob Pressler
Bob Pressler

Back to top Go down

An old Pomegranate - Page 2 Empty Re: An old Pomegranate

Post  drgonzo Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:30 pm

Ryan B wrote:While temps do play a role in seasonAl change, the principal culprit is changing hours of light and dark exposure. Some deciduous trees will lose their leaves in areas that rarely drop below 60 over the winter, and This a light exposure issue, not a temp issue.

Ryan-
your absolutely right! My twisted Trunk Pom started to turn color VERY early even though it was in a green house, Long before any of my other trees, at first I thought it was getting overwatered (because they were yellow leaves) but it was the decrease in daylight that triggered it because the green house was nice and warm. Then it dawned on me "oh thats just the fall color change"-duh, but i have never dealt with a Pomegranate so my learning curve was still steep. The semi-tropicals can be tricky for a guy who's only ever dealt with true Tropicals, or full-on deciduous trees.

-Jay

drgonzo
drgonzo

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2