Sylvestris

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sylvestris

Post  ybonsai on Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:35 pm

Hello,

This sylvestris was dug out in the spring of 2006.Unfortinatly i don't have the picture of the raw material any more.

In January 2007 this tree got his first styling.

in autumn of 2007 i took the tree to Hotsumi,many branches where cut to increase many buds and to style this tree in a better way for the future without wrapping branches together.

in the spring of 2008 i wired the tree and style it for the second time.And the large ugly "fin" of dead wood was reduced.

In November 2008 i repotted the tree in a Aspinal pot.The tree doesn't stand in the right position because of the roots(this problem is solved when we repot the tree again in a few years).

In the future the tree will be much more full and will look much more older.

Greetings,
Yannick


Last edited by ybonsai on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

ybonsai
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Sylvestris

Post  mike page on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:49 pm

Good job!

mike page
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Sylvestris

Post  Rudi.J on Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:23 am

Very nice... but i like the lowest branches litle bit up.

Rudi.J
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Sylvestris

Post  landerloos on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:36 am

Hi Yannick, nice sylvestris.
One question though, why did you not plant on a slab with the branch like it is in picture 1?
You know what I mean?

Kind regards
Groetjes
Neef Peter

landerloos
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Sylvestris

Post  AlainK on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:24 am

Landerloos,

Did you mean a moon-shaped pot, a bit like that ?



Yannick,

I waited for others to post first, but I had the feeling that the tree should lean more in the pot, whatever its shape. To me, the right angle that the base of the trunk forms with the level of the soil is not so good. I much prefer Landerloos's suggestion.

(Will you be in Carcassonne for the EDG-bonsai convention?...)

AlainK
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Sylvestris

Post  landerloos on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:59 am

AlainK wrote:Landerloos,

Did you mean a moon-shaped pot, a bit like that ?



Yannick,

I waited for others to post first, but I had the feeling that the tree should lean more in the pot, whatever its shape. To me, the right angle that the base of the trunk forms with the level of the soil is not so good. I much prefer Landerloos's suggestion.

(Will you be in Carcassonne for the EDG-bonsai convention?...)

Yes thats what I mean Alain.

Peter

landerloos
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Sylvestris

Post  ybonsai on Sun May 03, 2009 12:47 pm

landerloos wrote:Hi Yannick, nice sylvestris.
One question though, why did you not plant on a slab with the branch like it is in picture 1?
You know what I mean?

Kind regards
Groetjes
Neef Peter

Because now the tree is more compact,and the trunk would lean to much to the back.
A slab could be possible


AlianK,

Could you explain youre question again? i don't understand what you mean.
Do you mean that the end of the trunk is at the same level as the soil?
If this whas youre question: If you read in the first text you will read that the position of the tree has to change a bit in the pot.

Greetings,
Yannick

ybonsai
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Sylvestris

Post  ybonsai on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:33 am

In the spring of 2010 this tree was repotted again into a more classical and better pot.
The position of the tree was changed so the movement would be better.

In the end of 2010 i worked on a better branch structure and styled it for a better future of the tree.
No the tree still has a long time to go.

Best regards,
Yannick


ybonsai
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Sylvestris

Post  Marko on Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:45 pm

Certainly well on it's way to being a lovely cascade. The trunk has great turns which I feel will be your task to accentuate, this may mean removing branches and jins which stop the eye flowing from the base of the trunk to the apex of the tree. Less is more, and your cascade branch wo'nt need to be so long in the future as the trunk provides the cascade already imho.


Marko
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Sylvestris

Post  xuan le on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:57 pm

ybonsai wrote:In the spring of 2010 this tree was repotted again into a more classical and better pot.
The position of the tree was changed so the movement would be better.

In the end of 2010 i worked on a better branch structure and styled it for a better future of the tree.
No the tree still has a long time to go.

Best regards,
Yannick


The pot looks too small and shallow for the tree.
Regards

Xuan

xuan le
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Sylvestris

Post  ybonsai on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:06 pm

xuan le wrote:
ybonsai wrote:In the spring of 2010 this tree was repotted again into a more classical and better pot.
The position of the tree was changed so the movement would be better.

In the end of 2010 i worked on a better branch structure and styled it for a better future of the tree.
No the tree still has a long time to go.

Best regards,
Yannick


The pot looks too small and shallow for the tree.
Regards

Xuan

Pot is still trainingspot, so that it would look better.
In future when the tree would mature more it's time for his suitable pot.

@ Marko , for me the idea was to remove the lowest branch so the tree would be compact.

Best regards,
Yannick

ybonsai
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Sylvestris

Post  dorothy7774 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:35 pm

Hi Yannik,

do you have a sideview of the tree?

Thanks, dorothy

dorothy7774
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Sylvestris

Post  ybonsai on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:30 pm

dorothy7774 wrote:Hi Yannik,

do you have a sideview of the tree?

Thanks, dorothy

Hello Dorothy,

Here are more views of the sylvestris.
The lowest branch is going to be removed in future i think.

Don't mind the Itoigawa in the back is a longterm project that's going in a growingbasket

Best regards,
Yannick






ybonsai
Member


Back to top Go down

Sylvestris

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:57 am

Hello Yan. The first styling with the tree in the bucket has good arching movement from left to right at the base. When potted, the tree comes straight up out of the soil. Was there a reason for this change. Great tree though, as are all of your bonsai. Cool

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sylvestris

Post  ybonsai on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:59 pm

will baddeley wrote:Hello Yan. The first styling with the tree in the bucket has good arching movement from left to right at the base. When potted, the tree comes straight up out of the soil. Was there a reason for this change. Great tree though, as are all of your bonsai. Cool

Hello Will,

This is because the tree was planted in the big bucket after it was collected like this,so you didnt had to take notice with the nebari.
I cleaned the nebari before the first styling but after repotting there came a little surprise and i think you also have to take care of the nebari,in this position the nebari and movement was good.

Best regards,
Yannick

ybonsai
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Sylvestris

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:59 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum