Carpinus Betulus - Update

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Carpinus Betulus - Update

Post  hometeamrocker on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 am

Once again, a lovely tree and wonderful progression, thanks for sharing. If I may ask a question; at the very top of the apex there appear to be multiple branches coming from one spot. Will this create bulging in that area that is unwanted? Thanks again for posting this inspiring tree.

hometeamrocker

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Murphy on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:19 am

Wonderful tree and great progression and development in such a short time. Well done!

Dave Murphy

Back to top Go down

betulus

Post  abcd on Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:00 am

virtual photographie in the future : , it's better when the head of the tree look to the first branch, more compact crown, the first branch longer  
" />

abcd

Back to top Go down

Post  0soyoung on Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:26 am

abcd wrote:virtual photographie in the future : , it's better when the head of the tree look to the first branch, more compact crown, the first branch longer  
" />
Very simple. Very insightful. Very enlightening to me.

Merci beaucoup.

0soyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard S on Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:06 pm

Hi Roland

Fantastic tree and an excellent progression series! It's threads like this that make the IBC forum such a useful and inspiring resource for novices like me.

I'm also in the early stages of developing a European Hornbeam and if I could see the kind of success next season that you've had this season I would be more than happy. The increase in ramification in such a short time is particularly impressive.

I'd be really interested in hearing how you achieved this. You talked in an earlier post about possible defoliation. Did you do this? Full or partial or just pruning or a combination?

Sorry for the questions but whatever you did obviously worked so I'd be fascinated to know.

Thanks for continuing to post updates.

Regards

Richard

Richard S

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK on Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:26 pm

I like it very much the way it is.

I would just let a top leader grow freely for a season to improve it.

AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:59 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum