Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phempis acidula cascade

3 posters

Go down

Phempis acidula cascade Empty Phempis acidula cascade

Post  Guest Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:50 pm

Hi IBC.
I would like to share my cascade phempis. I redesigned the tree in preparation for the repotting season for the specie which is just around the corner. after the freezing cold here is over---25 to 30degree celcius...brrrr my fingers are numb.

Original front...
Phempis acidula cascade Dsc_1124

Side view, most of the time. sometimes front...depending on my mood...
Phempis acidula cascade Dsc_1125

the new front and angle...
Phempis acidula cascade Dsc_1126

after some foliage reduction and wiring a bit...
Phempis acidula cascade Dsc_1123

thanks!
Idea with the pot please???

regards,
jun

Smile

Back to top Go down

Phempis acidula cascade Empty Re: Phempis acidula cascade

Post  Ravi Kiran Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:35 pm

Hey Jun,

Interesting material you have there. Just a thought... the upper part of the tree is fine and the Jin is great.... the lower trunk .... the one that cascades ... IMHO needs to be redirected. It seems to be turning at almost 90 degrees into the viewer when it should have continued along in the straight line of the trunk. This would have ensured that the upper and lower parts of the tree are in the same plane. Would you want to consider bending it into position and yes this is a major bending that I am suggesting. Not too sure how phempis takes to drastic bending whether it needs rafia or a substitute to protect it while bending... but I am sure you know better... Very Happy

All the best.....
Ravi
Ravi Kiran
Ravi Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:49 pm

Ravi Kiran wrote:Hey Jun,

Interesting material you have there. Just a thought... the upper part of the tree is fine and the Jin is great.... the lower trunk .... the one that cascades ... IMHO needs to be redirected. It seems to be turning at almost 90 degrees into the viewer when it should have continued along in the straight line of the trunk. This would have ensured that the upper and lower parts of the tree are in the same plane. Would you want to consider bending it into position and yes this is a major bending that I am suggesting. Not too sure how phempis takes to drastic bending whether it needs rafia or a substitute to protect it while bending... but I am sure you know better... Very Happy

All the best.....
Ravi

Hi Ravi.

thanks.
It would be impossible to bend this primary branch.

regards.
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Phempis acidula cascade Empty phempis acidula cascade

Post  moyogijohn Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:17 pm

JUN,,,this is a interesting tree...lots of dead wood to play with.. are you saying it is 60 deg. and you are cold??? come visit when it is single digets here ha ha....nice tree take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  miguelpc Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:19 pm

Hi, for the "front" i was thinking on something between the 2 first photos with a inclination to the back.

Regards, Miguel

miguelpc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down