Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first time - at Noelanders.

+30
chris
dorothy7774
Dale Cochoy
Jose Acuña
Mark Cooper
anttal63
Rob Kempinski
John Quinn
Stone Monkey
Paul B (Scotland)
JimLewis
cosmos
Andrija Zokic
jrodriguez
Ian Young
kingbean
Russell Coker
eric sanders
Jonny D
stephen clarke
xuan le
Kev Bailey
landerloos
my nellie
cram
Walter Pall
stavros
Gentleman G.
Ravi Kiran
Todd Ellis
34 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Empty Re: My first time - at Noelanders.

Post  Ian Young Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:53 pm

Thanks for posting Will and well done.
I've been trawling the net for every small Noelanders fix I can get.
I'm waiting patiently for Sebastijan Sandev's demo Videos to appear on Youtube Very Happy
Ian Young
Ian Young

Back to top Go down

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Empty Re: My first time - at Noelanders.

Post  jrodriguez Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:50 pm

Will,

The award winning tree is beautiful. Spain is really putting a lot of work on their trees. This tree was also a winner in the Museo Nacional de Alcobendas exhibit (National Show for Spain), where a lot of the entries for the now defunct Ginko Bonsai Awards were pre-selected.

Again, thanks for your coverage and exclusion of links!!!

Kind regards,

Jose Luis
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrija Zokic Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:01 pm

More photos here:
http://www.animabonsai.com
... and greetings to all psychopaths! Very Happy

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Winn10

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Bonsai10

Last edited by Andrija Zokic on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andrija Zokic
Andrija Zokic

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmos Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:08 pm

Thanks Will for showing the trees, but to be there and drink it all in, surely, it was an intoxicating experience. I liked your tree very much; it has a lot of 'visual happening' at its base and its pot is superb.

I will surely attend next year.

Cosmos
cosmos
cosmos

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:09 pm

There is only one and only real psychopath, and thats ME Twisted Evil Wink lol!

Kind regards
Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:06 pm

Walter Pall wrote:Will,

thank you for the report. May I clarify that the 'interrogation' of Ryan was planned and thought through by both of us. We wanted to offer something more than a regular presentation. Ryan is very well able to work with his hands and speak at the same time, so we took advantage of that. Ryan gave us a lot of information about Japan first hand, artistically, culturally, horticulturally. Some of this was quite surprising and revealing I thought.

He did the same at demos at Bill V's session last Fall in New York. I, who can't walk and chew gum at the same time, envied his ability to talk about one thing while doing an outstanding job on another.

I bet he does the same in Florida this summer. I'd recommend anyone who can attend it do so. <--- grammar police anyone?

Thanks for all the photos. They were excellent.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrija Zokic Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:26 pm

Ryan Neil

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Neil10

Last edited by Andrija Zokic on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andrija Zokic
Andrija Zokic

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:35 pm

Hello Andrija. The reason I posted these pictures was because Tomy's Thread on Noelanders was full of links. Please can we just post photo's. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul B (Scotland) Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:48 pm

Great photos Will, thanks for sharing. Did you bring any goodies home with you?

They're all great trees, I really like the Taxus with the three long Jins and superb deadwood.

I think I'd find it hard to pick a winner from the line up. How does the judging work?

Can a tree be shown more than once at Noelanders?

Paul B (Scotland)
Paul B (Scotland)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:11 pm

Hello Paul. I didn't buy anything this time. I nearly bought a bronze kingfisher by Henk Frensen but it had sold when I returned to buy it.
The trees were judged by the main demonstrators and Marc Noelanders I think. Trees can be shown more than once but artists tend to want to show something new or not seen before.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:31 pm

The only shohin picture that was any good. Juniperus communis.My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Img_1169

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:33 pm

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Img_1170

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:53 pm

Will / Morten

Here are the shohin pictures I took. Sorry for the poor quality, I am better with a lump of clay Wink

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Dsc00728

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Dsc00729

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Dsc00730

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Dsc00731

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Dsc00732

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Dsc00733

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Dsc00734

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Dsc00735

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Dsc00736

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Dsc00737

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Dsc00738

Regards

Andy

Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  xuan le Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:56 pm

JimLewis wrote:
Walter Pall wrote:Will,

thank you for the report. May I clarify that the 'interrogation' of Ryan was planned and thought through by both of us. We wanted to offer something more than a regular presentation. Ryan is very well able to work with his hands and speak at the same time, so we took advantage of that. Ryan gave us a lot of information about Japan first hand, artistically, culturally, horticulturally. Some of this was quite surprising and revealing I thought.

He did the same at demos at Bill V's session last Fall in New York. I, who can't walk and chew gum at the same time, envied his ability to talk about one thing while doing an outstanding job on another.

I bet he does the same in Florida this summer. I'd recommend anyone who can attend it do so. <--- grammar police anyone?

Thanks for all the photos. They were excellent.

Jim,
I like to have the info ragarding the show this Summer in Florida.
Xuan

xuan le

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:59 pm

Thanks for posting Andy and good to see you there.
Xuan. The Florida show is in anouncements.

https://ibonsaiclub.forumotion.com/t5381-bsf-convention-2011-in-orlando

Last edited by JimLewis on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add link)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:50 pm

will baddeley wrote:Hello Andrija. The reason I posted these pictures was because Tomy's Thread on Noelanders was full of links. Please can we just post photo's. Smile

Hi Will I am in your debt... Photos NOT links should be posted here.. you da man! bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:19 am

Will, the kingfisher was actually a hummingbird.
Yes a tree can bee shown more then once you have to wait 2 years though.

Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:38 am

Great show and event, and many thanks for the effort put forth to place the images here!
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:34 am

Thanks for making the effor to post all the photos. Very nice show. Your elm looked great. I have admired that tree several times now.

What is the frequency of the show? Annual or every 2 or 3 years. Might like to attend one some day, although winter is tough for a warm weather guy like me. Twisted Evil
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  xuan le Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:36 am

will baddeley wrote:Thanks for posting Andy and good to see you there.
Xuan. The Florida show is in anouncements.

https://ibonsaiclub.forumotion.com/t5381-bsf-convention-2011-in-orlando

Thanks Will

Xuan

xuan le

Back to top Go down

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Empty My first time - at Noelanders.

Post  Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:41 am

The artist who inspired me to take my bonsai to a higher and more spiritual level. One of the best raw material stylists and the best deadwood power tool carver. Kevin Willson. I think he is travelling across the pond later this year. He will also be returning to the UK in a couple of months.My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Img_1171

Back to top Go down

Post  anttal63 Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:56 am

Amazing!!! to all of it and all of you!!! Thanks Will for sharing it and congrats to you and your tree being there! It is just great to see what a force European Bonsai has become. GOBSMACKING... yes many of my peers down under feel the same way about KW! cheers
anttal63
anttal63

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny D Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:46 pm

Hi Will,

You may have answered this elsewhere (sorry if you have) but I was just wondering what the selection criteria was for the show / how trees are picked?

Thanks,
Jonny.

Jonny D

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Cooper Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:12 pm

Apologies for the delayed response Will (and Andy). Like Will, it was Ritta and I’s first visit to the Noelander’s exhibition too, and we were both incredibly impressed.
Marc and his team are to be congratulated on organising such a high quality event. The trees were top quality and I for one was particularly pleased to see so many well ramified and mature deciduous trees too. The venue had lots of natural light and plenty of space to view the trees. Although I cannot compare the venue to the previous one, I feel it would be difficult to “top” this.

Here are a few photos of the shohin displays and the winning exhibit to supplement those already posted by Will and Andy .

First, Bob's prize winning Shohin exhibit. We had the pleasure of meeting Bob for the first time a little over a year ago in Japan at Taisho-en, where he was a student.

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Bobr_s11

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Bobr_w11

A close up of an unusual species (at least it was for me) Caragana Chamlagii

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Caraga10

Bob's other exhibit ....a Mame Chojubai and a Mame Seka Hinoki

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Bobs_i10

A closer look at the Mame Seka Hinoki ......

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Seka_h10

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Shohin10

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Shohin11

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Udofis10

Shohin Hinoki .....

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Hinoki10

Shohin juniper and hut stone...

My first time - at Noelanders. - Page 4 Shohin12

Mark (& Ritta)

Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:24 pm

Thanks for posting these "great" Shohin. A joy to watch and congratulations to Bob!

I recognize Yvonnes Juniper and stone-hut there too Very Happy

Regards
Morten

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next