Ash's Japanese Maple Nursery

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ash's Japanese Maple Nursery

Post  Billy M. Rhodes on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:16 pm

Yesterday a friend gave me some older books, I think from some her late husband had. In any case, one is a listing from Ash's Japanese Maple Nursery, Owners Thomas and Nancy Ash, in Hampstead, NC. I suppose it isn't really that old because it shows a Zip code and an area code for the phone.
No prices, but it has a long list of varieties by color, red, green, variegated, also dwarfs and seedlings. Most varieties have a brief description.
None of these would survive on the Space Coast and I have enough trees, so I am not really interested in Maples, except maybe our native red.
It is eight pages, with a care sheet inserted.

SO, the first private message with a USA address will get this in the mail. (Sorry, I'm not putting overseas postage on it.)

Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Re: Ash's Japanese Maple Nursery

Post  JimLewis on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:40 pm

I'd never heard of the place, but it seems to still exist: http://www.japanesemaplefarm.com/

They indicate they "specialize" in species useful for bonsai.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:50 pm

We have a winner

Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:33 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top