Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

more advice please folks

Go down

more advice please folks  Empty more advice please folks

Post  bobby little Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:34 pm

chopped this trident down to the stump you see on will's advice due to lack of taper. My thought is to start to move the trunk (branch?) poking up from the base so that it flows with the angle of taper on the stump, prior to carving out where I made the cut and further styling. I'd be obliged for people's thoughts on this and advice on the best way of starting the process / techniques. I've never fiddled about with anything that thick before (NOT A WORD FIONA Evil or Very Mad ) apologies for photo quality.

more advice please folks  Imag0010

more advice please folks  Imag0011

more advice please folks  Imag0012

more advice please folks  Imag0013
bobby little
bobby little

Back to top Go down

more advice please folks  Empty more advice please folks

Post  Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:07 pm

Hello Bobby. My advice would be to take full advantage of the container. lift tree and soill out and fill up with compost or cat litter or both. Put enough soil so the top of the existing soil is an inch bellow the rim. The callous hasn't really got going by the looks of it. I would feed well and still let the top grow unhindered. The callous should have more or less healed before I would think about cutting back.

Back to top Go down