Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2)

Post  Guest on Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:28 pm

Hi!
in The "maggie" stone I can see a tree with mountains in the background, very nice.

regards,
jun Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Empty Is it an overhanging cliff?

Post  thientrakieu on Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:04 am

HI IBC members. HOw about this stone? I'm waiting for your comments?
Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Dscn1010

thientrakieu
Member


Back to top Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2)

Post  ogie on Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:29 pm

thientrakieu wrote:HI IBC members. HOw about this stone? I'm waiting for your comments?
Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Dscn1010

Hi Thientrakieu,

Your stone looks good but i like a darker color one for it is more elegant and quite close to nature if we try to analyze,my preference only,if your daiza can be shorter and still hold the stone the better for me IMHO only the color is getting better,give a flat finish not too shinny,find wood that have a bit grain,i hope my taste fit yours also
Regards,
Alex/Ogie Smile
ogie
ogie
Member


Back to top Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2)

Post  thientrakieu on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:21 am

ogie wrote:
thientrakieu wrote:HI IBC members. HOw about this stone? I'm waiting for your comments?
Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Dscn1010

Hi Thientrakieu,

Your stone looks good but i like a darker color one for it is more elegant and quite close to nature if we try to analyze,my preference only,if your daiza can be shorter and still hold the stone the better for me IMHO only the color is getting better,give a flat finish not too shinny,find wood that have a bit grain,i hope my taste fit yours also
Regards,
Alex/Ogie Smile
Hi Ogie,
Thank you very much for your useful suggestions. What does "IMHO" mean?
Regards,
Thientrakieu

thientrakieu
Member


Back to top Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2)

Post  ogie on Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:02 pm

IMHO,,,In My Humble Opinion,,,my friend,
Your friend,
Alex/Ogie Very Happy
ogie
ogie
Member


Back to top Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2)

Post  thientrakieu on Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:02 am

Hi IBC members.
This is my new stone from Dong giang river. please give me your opinons.
Thanks a lot.
Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Dscn0310

thientrakieu
Member


Back to top Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2)

Post  sunip on Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:28 pm

Hi Thientrakieu,
This stone shows a beautifull pattern imaging a rock landscape.
I feel the daiza is not complete in harmony with the stone.
regards, Sunip Wink

sunip
Member


Back to top Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2)

Post  Chris Cochrane on Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:23 pm

Hi Thientrakieu... Nice to see a lovely pattern stone. Many stones are being oiled & ruined for appreciation. Thanks for sharing this one.

A Japanese-style daiza would give support to the stone with minimal mass. Ideally, it would be undercut & rounded with the belly deeper toward the middle than at each end. Since feet on the daiza should each point outward, those seen on profile at each end be of the same width as the middle foot, but would appear narrower than the middle foot because seen in profile. Here is a rough, squared version of a daiza which would be better with soft curves, but harder to Photoshop... :-)

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Ttk-pa11

_________________
... visit the U.S. National Bonsai & Penjing Museum, Washington DC USA-- http://www.bonsai-nbf.com
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane
Member


Back to top Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2)

Post  thientrakieu on Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:48 am

Chris Cochrane wrote:Hi Thientrakieu... Nice to see a lovely pattern stone. Many stones are being oiled & ruined for appreciation. Thanks for sharing this one.

A Japanese-style daiza would give support to the stone with minimal mass. Ideally, it would be undercut & rounded with the belly deeper toward the middle than at each end. Since feet on the daiza should each point outward, those seen on profile at each end be of the same width as the middle foot, but would appear narrower than the middle foot because seen in profile. Here is a rough, squared version of a daiza which would be better with soft curves, but harder to Photoshop... :-)

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Ttk-pa11
Thanks for sharing your opinions. I think it's not difficult for me to make a Japanese-style daiza as you show in the picture.

thientrakieu
Member


Back to top Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Empty a new stone from Dong Giang

Post  thientrakieu on Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:26 am

What is it? a cloud? a mountain covered with snow
or a giant wave?

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Dscn2114

thientrakieu
Member


Back to top Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Empty A monk?

Post  thientrakieu on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:46 am

I think it is a Chinese monk named " Duong Tam Tang" in the story " Journey to the West".
Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Dscn3012

thientrakieu
Member


Back to top Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2)

Post  peterbrod on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:46 am

sunny Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Dscn0310
peterbrod
peterbrod
Member


Back to top Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2)

Post  sunip on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:56 pm

Hello Thientrakieu,
I see a sitting figure contemplating.
Hello Peter,
The daiza you sketched as Chris suggested earlier, takes away the ingoing curves on the bottom which gives a stronger base.
An a bit darker, less pink inclined color (more grey) is maybe working better.
regards, Sunip Wink

sunip
Member


Back to top Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2)

Post  Chris Cochrane on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:45 pm

Hi Sunip... You make a good point re' the strength of Peter's daiza. I prefer less strength-- the Japanese-style daiza for vertically oriented stones is often extremely quiet & best fitted below the stone's waist. Some examples from my collection...

Japanese stone & daiza ...
Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Umepat10

Chinese stone & American daiza (nicely fitted by Sean Smith). Years after Sean completed the daiza, I narrowed it, removed a modest wall and lowered parts of the front side to make it less symmetrical. It "feels" lighter. The daiza needs re-staining & finishing-- on its underside, I retained Sean's original medium reddish-brown stain & finish, which I liked. Stones in club exhibits arguably look best if not the same in color & shade. In 2009, this PVSG display was arranged as "Rising Sun Dream" (a New Year's day allusion)...
Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 02risi10

This coming Monday (January 23) is the beginning of the Lunar New Year (Year of the Dragon). The first full moon occurs on February 8th.

_________________
... visit the U.S. National Bonsai & Penjing Museum, Washington DC USA-- http://www.bonsai-nbf.com
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane
Member


Back to top Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2)

Post  trantanhung_nt on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:24 am

Hello all Friends ,
Here I learned very plenty ...
Two this stones here , I am very like , already are started and displayed by Mr . Chris .
Thank you very much .
Sincerely ,
Hưng - Trần .

trantanhung_nt
Member


Back to top Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Empty A new stone.

Post  thientrakieu on Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:55 am


I collect this stone and take four picures of it. What is the best picture?
Please share your opinions.
Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Dscn3413
Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Dscn3412
Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Dscn3411

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Dscn3410

thientrakieu
Member


Back to top Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2)

Post  thientrakieu on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:25 pm

Hello IBC members.
Enjoy my new stones and give me your comments.
Thanks a lot.
Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Dscn3416
rl=https://servimg.com/view/15906511/181]Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Dscn3415[/url]
url=https://servimg.com/view/15906511/180]Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Dscn3414[/url]

thientrakieu
Member


Back to top Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2)

Post  sunip on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:07 pm

(I collect this stone and take four picures of it. What is the best picture?

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Dscn3410
[/quote]
Hello Thientrakieu,
Maybe this one.
It is a very interesting stone and it is difficult to say something about it without holding it in the hand actually.
It evokes many things.
Thanks for showing.
Sunip Wink

sunip
Member


Back to top Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2)

Post  sunip on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:15 pm

thientrakieu wrote:Hello IBC members.
Enjoy my new stones and give me your comments.
Thanks a lot.
Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Dscn3416
Hello Thientrakieu, this pattern reminds me of distant mountains.
rl=https://servimg.com/view/15906511/181]Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Dscn3415[/url]
Pine trees on a mountainslope.
url=https://servimg.com/view/15906511/180]Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Dscn3414[/url]
Maybe a cloud pattern.
How about turning this stone upside down, maybe there is a bird flying to the sun behind the clouds?
Sunip Wink

sunip
Member


Back to top Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2)

Post  thientrakieu on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:41 am

sunip wrote:
thientrakieu wrote:Hello IBC members.
Enjoy my new stones and give me your comments.
Thanks a lot.
Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Dscn3416
Hello Thientrakieu, this pattern reminds me of distant mountains.
rl=https://servimg.com/view/15906511/181]Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Dscn3415[/url]
Pine trees on a mountainslope.
url=https://servimg.com/view/15906511/180]Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Dscn3414[/url]
Maybe a cloud pattern.
How about turning this stone upside down, maybe there is a bird flying to the sun behind the clouds?
Sunip Wink
Hello Sunip, Thanks for your interesting explanations.
Here is a new stone I've just found, I hope everybody will give me good ideas.
Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Dscn0110

thientrakieu
Member


Back to top Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2)

Post  trantanhung_nt on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:41 am

Hello THIENTRAKIEU ,
I see a girl being hapiness ... because she domesticated the lion lie situated underneath ... (?)
Thank you your share .
Sincerely ,
Hưng - Trần .

trantanhung_nt
Member


Back to top Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Empty what I see

Post  stonener on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:44 pm

Hi Thien,
interesting material, many possibilities,
nice color, pattern and shape... Basketball



Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Hung_o13Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Hung_o12

bath day for the dog


Last edited by stonener on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add pictures)

stonener
Member


Back to top Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2)

Post  thientrakieu on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:32 am

Hi Tran Tan Hung and Stonner.
Thanks so much for your share.
Here is a new stone with a natural daiza. I am looking for IBC members' comments

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Dscn9910

thientrakieu
Member


Back to top Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2)

Post  Guest on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:17 am

Hi Trantanhung

I like the stone with the big fall leaf, the collour is nice.
The stone stand well in the other stone.......But I dont like the idea of a stone in a stone.
I would use the stoneseat to showcase a nice piece of old wood. Maybe driftwood.

Kind regards Yvonne

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2)

Post  thientrakieu on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:46 am

Yvonne Graubaek wrote:Hi Trantanhung

I like the stone with the big fall leaf, the collour is nice.
The stone stand well in the other stone.......But I dont like the idea of a stone in a stone.
I would use the stoneseat to showcase a nice piece of old wood. Maybe driftwood.

Kind regards Yvonne
Hi Yvonne Graubaek
I'm Thientrakieu, not Tran tanhung. I'm very happy when hearing you like this stone. You don't like the idea of a stone in a stone
and neither do I.This is a natural wooden seat, not stone seat.
Kind regards Thien.

thientrakieu
Member


Back to top Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum