Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2)

+7
Milan Kulhavy
ogie
vlado
peterbrod
mathias
Todd Ellis
thientrakieu
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) Empty Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2)

Post  thientrakieu Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:45 am

Hi IBC members,
This is an another stone of DongGiang river. I am looking forward to your advice. Thank you very much.
url=https://servimg.com/view/15906511/61]Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) Dscn0115[/url]

thientrakieu

Back to top Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) Empty Re: Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2)

Post  Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:01 am

Dear hientrakieu

Stones are beatyful, and this is this one too......but I do not see all stones, usefull as a viuving stone, to be exibited in the house.
Show me another stone Smile

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) Empty Re: Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2)

Post  thientrakieu Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:13 pm

Yvonne Graubaek wrote:Dear hientrakieu

Stones are beatyful, and this is this one too......but I do not see all stones, usefull as a viuving stone, to be exibited in the house.
Show me another stone Smile

Kind regards Yvonne
Dear Yvonne,
Thanks for your sharing and this is another stone from Donggiang river. Give me your thought, please.
Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) Dscn0110

thientrakieu

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:46 am

Dear Thientrakieu

This stone is better, it looks a lot like a stone I found in the alps ( only the shape)
I made a small silk-pillow, filled with sand, for it, to rest on.
Do your stone have a resent knock-off on the right side?...it looks like that on the photo, if it has, it would not be a stone, I would keep in my house.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  thientrakieu Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:21 am

Yvonne Graubaek wrote:Dear Thientrakieu

This stone is better, it looks a lot like a stone I found in the alps ( only the shape)
I made a small silk-pillow, filled with sand, for it, to rest on.
Do your stone have a resent knock-off on the right side?...it looks like that on the photo, if it has, it would not be a stone, I would keep in my house.

Kind regards Yvonne
Dear Yvonne Graubaek,
You're right. What a pity! It has a resent knock-off on the right. This is another stone. I hope I will receive the comments from alls. Thanks a lot.
Kind regard Thientrakieu.
Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) Dscn0210

thientrakieu

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:52 am

Dear Thientrakieu

This stone brought a smile to my face....It looks like the smallest member of the " Simpson family" has its photo on it. Very Happy

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  thientrakieu Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:49 pm

This stone brought a smile to my face....It looks like the smallest member of the " Simpson family" has its photo on it. Very Happy

Kind regards Yvonne
Dear Yvonne Graubaek
I don't know anything about " Simpson family". Is it a novel, a movie, a cartoon or a series? Can you show me the photo of the smallest member of the " simpson family"? I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards Thientrakieu.

thientrakieu

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:05 pm

Hi Thientrakieu

Her name is Maggie Simpson.....the cartoon is called "the Simpsons" and is very famous in the western world.
I hope you one day will have it in your country.

Kind regards Yvonne

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) Maggie10

Back to top Go down

Post  thientrakieu Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:38 pm

Yvonne Graubaek wrote:Hi Thientrakieu

Her name is Maggie Simpson.....the cartoon is called "the Simpsons" and is very famous in the western world.
I hope you one day will have it in your country.

Kind regards Yvonne

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) Maggie10
Hi Yvonne Graubaek
It's very kind of you to show me the photo of Maggie Simpson. Maggie looks queer and lovely. I hope I will see this cartoon in the future. Please continue give my stones your advice. Thanks a lot.

thientrakieu

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:56 pm

Dear Thientrakieu

You are welcome....
Please let me know, what you see/saw in the stone, when you picked it up in the first place.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  thientrakieu Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:55 am

You are welcome....
Please let me know, what you see/saw in the stone, when you picked it up in the first place.

Kind regards Yvonne
Dear Yvonne Graubaek.
I see a Japanese woman in her kimono but I'm not sure.

thientrakieu

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:19 pm

The image in the stone also reminds me of an old tree.
Best, Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  thientrakieu Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:15 pm

Todd Ellis wrote:The image in the stone also reminds me of an old tree.
Best, Todd
Dear Todd Ellis
Thank you very much for your sharing. I send another stone to IBC members . Please give me your advice.
url=https://servimg.com/view/15906511/68]Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) Dscn0311[/url]

thientrakieu

Back to top Go down

Post  mathias Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:07 pm

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) Dscn0310

The daiza must be dark.
mathias
mathias

Back to top Go down

Post  peterbrod Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:38 pm

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) Martin10Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) Dscn0310
peterbrod
peterbrod

Back to top Go down

Post  vlado Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:19 pm

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) Dscn0310

legs should be by side because of stability, on your daiza legs seems to like furniture....
color of daiza have to be darker than stone.
..wish I have som of your stones....
greeting
vlado

vlado

Back to top Go down

Post  ogie Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:24 am

Helloo Thientrakieu,
I like your last stone and valdos right give your daiza darker color to give more elegant to the beautiful stone,thanks for sharing
Regards,
Alex/Ogie

Last edited by ogie on Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:26 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : arrangement)
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down

Post  thientrakieu Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:07 am

ogie wrote:Helloo Thientrakieu,
I like your last stone and valdos right give your daiza darker color to give more elegant to the beautiful stone,thanks for sharing
Regards,
Alex/Ogie
Hi Valdos and Ogie. Thanks for your advice. I will make the daiza darker.
Hi IBC members.
This is a new stone with the beautiful colors: black and yellow. What do you think of it?
Side 1
url=https://servimg.com/view/15906511/82]Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) Dscn0716[/url]
Side 2
Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) Dscn0717

thientrakieu

Back to top Go down

Post  Milan Kulhavy Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:55 am

Hi, it's very nice stone.I think it might be a Tora-ishi (stone tiger skin pattern).

Kind regards Milan

Milan Kulhavy

Back to top Go down

Post  thientrakieu Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:59 am

Milan Kulhavy wrote:Hi, it's very nice stone.I think it might be a Tora-ishi (stone tiger skin pattern).

Kind regards Milan
Hi Milan Kulhavy.
Thanks so much for your comment. I also think it's a Tora-íshi.

thientrakieu

Back to top Go down

Post  thientrakieu Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:40 am

Hi IBC members.
This is my new stone.Give me your comments, please. Is the daiza OK?
Picture 1
url=https://servimg.com/view/15906511/90]Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) Dscn0910[/url]
Picture 2
Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) Dscn0911
Picture 3
Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) Dscn0912

thientrakieu

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:05 pm

Hi Thientrakieu... Your stone's wood seat might be fine for your viewing stone community. For a Japanese-style landscape-view daiza, the interior wall would preferably be at the same width (also usually at the same height) all-the-way around the stone, and the feet are usually tucked vertically under the stone's outside edge or, alternatively, at least not more than two very narrow wall widths (the width of two narrow beads) beyond it. An exception might be the "Chinese platform" style daiza for old Furuya-ishi stones as noted by Jesus Quintas in his Q-seki text.

Extending the daiza far beyond the supported stone's outside edge makes the daiza more visually massive than necessary. For Japanese-style landscape stones, a minimal daiza is preferred-- only barely thick-enough to suggest that the stone's bottom is natural & reduced enough to support the stones outside edge from below the stone (not beyond it).

Also, Japanese-style daiza typically include feet under the extreme ends (left & right) of landscape stones where they meet the daiza. The landscape stone's ends should be visually supported under stone's edge, through the daiza wall & its foot wherever a landscape ridge is imagined (& also where necessary for support). The feet at each end point mostly right or left in the direction of the stone's movement, which can be visually stronger when the stones ends move slightly toward the front. I wish that description was clearer. Perhaps, Peterbrod or Milan will add clarity.

If your daiza has more than two feet on its front side, they should not be placed symmetrically with equal spacing between feet. Feet of equal width make the daiza seem lighter and are common for suiseki.

Hope that helps. You obviously have great skill in a close fitting, which is always noticed & appreciated!
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  peterbrod Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:58 pm

Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) Dscn0910Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) P3180013Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) P3220010it's a different style dai, tolerate such portrayal, bothers me that the stone feet held to the ever-recurring round arch, causing prominence dai, a lot of wood, when viewed from the side to hide the extreme foot
peterbrod
peterbrod

Back to top Go down

Post  thientrakieu Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:30 am

Chris Cochrane wrote:Hi Thientrakieu... Your stone's wood seat might be fine for your viewing stone community. For a Japanese-style landscape-view daiza, the interior wall would preferably be at the same width (also usually at the same height) all-the-way around the stone, and the feet are usually tucked vertically under the stone's outside edge or, alternatively, at least not more than two very narrow wall widths (the width of two narrow beads) beyond it. An exception might be the "Chinese platform" style daiza for old Furuya-ishi stones as noted by Jesus Quintas in his Q-seki text.

Extending the daiza far beyond the supported stone's outside edge makes the daiza more visually massive than necessary. For Japanese-style landscape stones, a minimal daiza is preferred-- only barely thick-enough to suggest that the stone's bottom is natural & reduced enough to support the stones outside edge from below the stone (not beyond it).

Also, Japanese-style daiza typically include feet under the extreme ends (left & right) of landscape stones where they meet the daiza. The landscape stone's ends should be visually supported under stone's edge, through the daiza wall & its foot wherever a landscape ridge is imagined (& also where necessary for support). The feet at each end point mostly right or left in the direction of the stone's movement, which can be visually stronger when the stones ends move slightly toward the front. I wish that description was clearer. Perhaps, Peterbrod or Milan will add clarity.

If your daiza has more than two feet on its front side, they should not be placed symmetrically with equal spacing between feet. Feet of equal width make the daiza seem lighter and are common for suiseki.

Hope that helps. You obviously have great skill in a close fitting, which is always noticed & appreciated!
Hi Chris Cochrane.
Many thanks for your help. In my village, there is only a carpenter who makes the wood seats. He makes wood seats for all the Suiseki collectors so we have the same kinds of wood seats. Hundreds of my stones were made like this so it's difficult for me to repair them. If I have a new stone I will persuade him to make the wood seats
according to the Japanese-style landscape-view daiza.

thientrakieu

Back to top Go down

Post  thientrakieu Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:35 am

peterbrod wrote:Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) Dscn0910Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) P3180013Stone from DongGiang river (continued 2) P3220010it's a different style dai, tolerate such portrayal, bothers me that the stone feet held to the ever-recurring round arch, causing prominence dai, a lot of wood, when viewed from the side to hide the extreme foot
Hi Peterbrod.
Thank you very much for your help.I hope I will persuade the carpenter to make the wood seats like your dai.

thientrakieu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next