Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double Trunked San Jose Juniper in the works

+3
Jay Gaydosh
JimLewis
Greg Matthews
7 posters

Go down

Double Trunked San Jose Juniper in the works Empty Double Trunked San Jose Juniper in the works

Post  Greg Matthews Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:19 pm

Hi Guys, I like the way the new board is looking.
This is a double trunked Juniper I recently styled. I believe that it is a San Jose (Juniperus chinensis), it was a landscape bush about 2 months ago.
Double Trunked San Jose Juniper in the works Img_0410
Greg Matthews
Greg Matthews

Back to top Go down

Double Trunked San Jose Juniper in the works Empty Re: Double Trunked San Jose Juniper in the works

Post  JimLewis Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:28 pm

I think you need to change the angle of plating a bit. As is, you have a head-on, straight up, "Y" shape, which seldom works. You might give the planting a quarter turn in either direction. or tilt it a bit so the small trunk maybe turns into a large, low branch or at least an almost horizontal trunk.

That said, you've done a nice job.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Double Trunked San Jose Juniper in the works Empty Re: Double Trunked San Jose Juniper in the works

Post  Greg Matthews Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:24 pm

I see what you mean in the picture but I don't see it in real life. I don't know if turning left or right would work well, I took some more pictures at different angles to show more detail.
Double Trunked San Jose Juniper in the works Img_0411
Double Trunked San Jose Juniper in the works Img_0412
Double Trunked San Jose Juniper in the works Img_0413
Double Trunked San Jose Juniper in the works Img_0414
Double Trunked San Jose Juniper in the works Img_0415
Double Trunked San Jose Juniper in the works Img_0416
Greg Matthews
Greg Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:12 pm

Going back and reading older posts I found this one.

Consider repotting this instead of turning try angling the trunks so that one is more upright. From the original photo, I would suggest tipping the trunks to the right with the left trunk being more"dominant".

forbey
Jay Gaydosh
Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Ed Trout Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:09 pm

Greg,

This tree has beautiful lines, and great potential. I really like the first photo, and the angles, but be sure to work on keeping the heights different. The young tops need to grow and get into better contrast with that great base. But that is the fun....watching that happen under our care ! I'm not sure this is San Jose though. It looks more like Sylvestris to me.

Good luck with it...

Ed Trout

Ed Trout

Back to top Go down

Post  littleart-fx Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:59 pm

Sorry for my bad engDouble Trunked San Jose Juniper in the works Artist13lish but i gave it a twist, nice tree though (just a thought)
littleart-fx
littleart-fx

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Thorne Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:05 pm

Hi Greg, - I think the left hand trunk in the original picture would make a better tree on its own. It certainly has great movement. Have you thought about removing the right hand trunk completely and carving the base to create a hollow? If your not sure about the hollow, then a simple jin might work just as well.
The amended image tells it own story
Double Trunked San Jose Juniper in the works San_ho11

Last edited by Peter Thorne on Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Peter Thorne
Peter Thorne

Back to top Go down

Post  Klaudia & Martin Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:44 pm

Hello Greg

Very difficult to give any "advice" by the pics!
TO ME the tree....with its turn to the backside and back to the front.....and looking at this pic.....

Double Trunked San Jose Juniper in the works Img_0412

everything says ....HALFKASKADE.....
I'm absolutely sure it can be a fantastic tree in some years time!

Kind regards
Martin
Klaudia & Martin
Klaudia & Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  littleart-fx Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:28 pm

but wouldn't the two options make it a 1 in a douse n (12) tree?
littleart-fx
littleart-fx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down