Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TRIDENT MAPLE....

4 posters

Go down

TRIDENT MAPLE.... Empty TRIDENT MAPLE....

Post  LELE Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:14 am

HI EVERYONE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR...THIS IS MY FIRST TRIDENT IN MY COLLECTION AND IM NOT SO SURE ABOUT THE STYLING THERE IS ANYONE CAN GIVE ME SOME ADVICE.....ALSO DOROTHY I LOVE YOUR VIRT GREAT STUFF Very Happy
TRIDENT MAPLE.... Img_2319TRIDENT MAPLE.... Img_2320
LELE
LELE

Back to top Go down

TRIDENT MAPLE.... Empty TRIDENT MAPLE....

Post  Guest Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:50 am

Great rident Lele. Poweful tree with a good future. I'm guessing the compliment to Dorothy may persuade her to do a virt for you? Very Happy Flattery will get you everywhere.

Back to top Go down

TRIDENT MAPLE.... Empty Re: TRIDENT MAPLE....

Post  LELE Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:39 am

Hi will happy new year more than a virt i would love some suggestion for example im not sure on the height of the tree if make it a short or a taller tree...
LELE
LELE

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Newell Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:06 am

Here is a Celtis stump I've been working on for the past 7yrs with a similar stump which may inspire you...

TRIDENT MAPLE.... 20100713

Paul Newell

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Newell Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:09 am

this was what i started with...

TRIDENT MAPLE.... 20030310

Paul Newell

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:29 am

Hi Paul , great development, the branch placement and scale are great, if this were mine I would put the tree in a smaller and more refined pot... but I somehow think you already know that Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Newell Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:33 am

yeh, this was it's first pot. i found it difficult to find this one - 3 yrs of searching. Been constantly on the lookout for a smaller one, very hard to find here in OZ

Paul Newell

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:54 pm

Back on Lele's tree . . . . . . . . . . . .

It may be a bit too young for a meaningful virtual -- even with Dorothy's amazing skills.

For this winter and spring, I think I'd just concentrate on branch development by trimming to one or two internodes, letting it grow, trimming to one or two new internodes, etc. Maybe by next fall there will be something for her to work with. Promising tree.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  dorothy7774 Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:03 pm

JimLewis wrote:Back on Lele's tree . . . . . . . . . . . .

It may be a bit too young for a meaningful virtual -- even with Dorothy's amazing skills.

For this winter and spring, I think I'd just concentrate on branch development by trimming to one or two internodes, letting it grow, trimming to one or two new internodes, etc. Maybe by next fall there will be something for her to work with. Promising tree.

Totally agree, Jim. You can grow about anything out of this maple. Nice outgrow. Once Lele has selected his branches and wired them, he is on his way. I did make a virtual, but it is very different. I am trying to move away from overly groomed unnatural looking bonsai. This virtual only gives you a feeling of what I see. Lots of details and old growth, lots of free branching.

Hope you like it, Lele. Happy New Year.

-dorothy

TRIDENT MAPLE.... Leleib13

TRIDENT MAPLE.... Maplel10

TRIDENT MAPLE.... Leleib14
dorothy7774
dorothy7774

Back to top Go down

Post  LELE Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:02 am

Thanks everyone for your advice and suggestions.....so i will cut everything back to 1 or 2 pairs of leaves except the new leader i guess....DOROTHY I AM TRULY AMAZED YOU ARE A REAL TALENT THANK U SO MUCH....
LELE
LELE

Back to top Go down

Post  LELE Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:11 am

Paul forgot to say that i love your tree that is an amazing transformation.....well done
LELE
LELE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down