Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Up side Down Ficus "Update at Mar 2012"

4 posters

Go down

Up side Down Ficus "Update at Mar 2012" Empty Up side Down Ficus "Update at Mar 2012"

Post  pongsatorn.k Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:39 am

Hello all Very Happy

today post is Up side Down Ficus, I got this tree from my friend at frist it is come on cascade but I think it can be upright...

Up side Down Ficus "Update at Mar 2012" S6002110

First pic is the photo when I got it.

Up side Down Ficus "Update at Mar 2012" S6002111

Almost no root and really no rootages

Up side Down Ficus "Update at Mar 2012" S6002112

I'm decide to up side down it for get the better root age

Up side Down Ficus "Update at Mar 2012" S6002811

now result!, only 6 month from start!.

Up side Down Ficus "Update at Mar 2012" S6002812

and better rootages.

UPDATE at Apr/06/2011

3-4 month after Very Happy

Up side Down Ficus "Update at Mar 2012" Sam_1110

Up side Down Ficus "Update at Mar 2012" Sam_1111

Up side Down Ficus "Update at Mar 2012" Try110

UPDATE at Oct/20/2011

I have repot it today because it is have sign of root rot... also full of roots in pot Very Happy

Up side Down Ficus "Update at Mar 2012" Sam_2410

UPDATE at Mar/22/2012

Got the taper!, now I'll work on it's branches!! Very Happy

Up side Down Ficus "Update at Mar 2012" Sam_3911

Up side Down Ficus "Update at Mar 2012" Sam_3912

Thank you for looking, I will up date soon as posible Very Happy

Last edited by pongsatorn.k on Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:57 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : update)
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Up side Down Ficus "Update at Mar 2012" Empty Re: Up side Down Ficus "Update at Mar 2012"

Post  daiviet_nguyen Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:14 am

Hi pongsatorn.k,

I think you have taken the right decision. I must say that is a very fast development for only 6 months... but perhaps that is one of the advantage of living in the tropic Smile. I have seen your other works, I am sure you will turn this one into a very nice one in the future. I have not trained this type of ficus before, how is leaf-size reduction with this variety? Please post updates.

I understand that you are from Chiang Mai? I have been to Royal Park Rajapruek (Ratchaphruek) fairly recently. There are quite few very nice bonsais in there. I did not have time to visit in the pine garden there. I must come back some other times to look at the pine garden Smile

Best regards.

daiviet_nguyen

Back to top Go down

Up side Down Ficus "Update at Mar 2012" Empty Re: Up side Down Ficus "Update at Mar 2012"

Post  Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:51 am

Hi Pongsatorn.K

Not bad at all.....I will look forward to see more photos in the future.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Up side Down Ficus "Update at Mar 2012" Empty up side down ficus

Post  moyogijohn Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:34 pm

I think you made the right dision..this will make a nice tree very fast wher you are..the trunk is good all ready!! show up dates please...take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:33 am

daiviet_nguyen wrote:Hi pongsatorn.k,

I think you have taken the right decision. I must say that is a very fast development for only 6 months... but perhaps that is one of the advantage of living in the tropic Smile. I have seen your other works, I am sure you will turn this one into a very nice one in the future. I have not trained this type of ficus before, how is leaf-size reduction with this variety? Please post updates.

I understand that you are from Chiang Mai? I have been to Royal Park Rajapruek (Ratchaphruek) fairly recently. There are quite few very nice bonsais in there. I did not have time to visit in the pine garden there. I must come back some other times to look at the pine garden Smile

Best regards.

Thank you very much daiviet_nguyen and a happy new year santa

sorry for late reply, just back from new year holiday at Pai District.

This type of ficus is Ficus racemosa Linn, I think it leaf size have ok reduction.
Yes I,m come from Chiangmai and my home is near that royal park!. but I'm not sure there have pine garden also?. my country have only 2 kind of pine family and 2-3 kind in Podocarpus family.

Best regards also,
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:34 am

Yvonne Graubaek wrote:Hi Pongsatorn.K

Not bad at all.....I will look forward to see more photos in the future.

Kind regards Yvonne

Thank you very much Yvonne, happy new year! Very Happy

best regards,
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:38 am

moyogijohn wrote:I think you made the right dision..this will make a nice tree very fast wher you are..the trunk is good all ready!! show up dates please...take care john

Thank you very much MoyogiJohn, and a happy new year rendeer yes, it grow very fast here. I wish to get it taper in this year.

pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:27 pm

UPDATE at Apr/06/2011

Up side Down Ficus "Update at Mar 2012" Try110

Thank you for looking, all comments are welcome Very Happy
Pongsatorn.K

Last edited by pongsatorn.k on Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:02 pm

Hi Pongsatorn

your drawing is showing the right thing to do, I would also remove the branch pointing right up, on the second branch.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:51 pm

Yvonne Graubaek wrote:Hi Pongsatorn

your drawing is showing the right thing to do, I would also remove the branch pointing right up, on the second branch.

Kind regards Yvonne

Thank you Yvonne Very Happy .

regards,
Pongsatorn.K
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  giomach Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:26 pm

Hi Pongsatorn,

very good job, I really like where you've taken the ficus.

Also pretty dispiriting to see how fast ficus grow in your neck of the woods. I guess I'll just leave them to yous living in the tropical haha

Best regards and compliments on your work again!

giomach

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:45 pm

Giomach wrote:Hi Pongsatorn,

very good job, I really like where you've taken the ficus.

Also pretty dispiriting to see how fast ficus grow in your neck of the woods. I guess I'll just leave them to yous living in the tropical haha

Best regards and compliments on your work again!

Thank you very much Giomach Very Happy . I think... in middle Thailand, Ficus can grow fast than my area!(I live on North Thailand).

my tips is only place the training pot on the ground to let it's roots can grow down... maybe it is like grow in the ground but this way is more easy to pick it up.

Best regards,
Pongsatorn.K
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:33 pm

UP TO DATE TODAY Very Happy
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:56 am

Update at Mar 2012 Very Happy
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down