Ms. Santa was busy too

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ms. Santa was busy too

Post  JimLewis on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Ms. Santa brought me a small, bright red, Japanese pot.

What goes in it? Something with white flowers? Crape myrtle? Azalea? Flowering Quince? Something with no flowers but nice fall color? Trident maple? Crape myrtle, thus killing 2 birds with one stone?

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Ms santa was busy too!

Post  moyogijohn on Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:03 pm

JIM That is a very nice pot..My vote would be flowering quince then crape myrtle..what ever you put in it i know it will look right!!!! take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Re: Ms. Santa was busy too

Post  Todd Ellis on Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:34 am

How about putting a Forsythia or Jasmine in it. Imagine the bright yellow flowers with the red glaze - stunning!
I have two exposed-root Forsythias that I have been growing for a few years. I was looking at round red shallow pots.....
I'm sure you'll find something nice.
Todd

Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:59 am

Hmm. Never have grown a Forsythia. It's certainly worth a thought. Many thanx.

Any other suggestions?

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Ms santa was busy too!

Post  moyogijohn on Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:25 pm

JIM...What about a pyracantha or cotoneaster??? would those be too much red ?? I know you have both of these trees in your collection..Just a thought because the pot is so nice it needs the right tree.....take care be safe john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:40 pm

Almost all the Pyracantha around here are a vibrant orange -- not a good match for an almost pure red in the pot.

Cotoneaster may well be OK. I'd have to get something larger than the miniature version I grow in my mame pots.

Another good thought.

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:59 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum