Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merry Christmas and happy new year!( stone from Hiep Dưc river)

2 posters

Go down

Merry Christmas and happy new year!( stone from Hiep Dưc river) Empty Merry Christmas and happy new year!( stone from Hiep Dưc river)

Post  thientrakieu Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:34 am

rl=https://servimg.com/view/15906511/56]Merry Christmas and happy new year!( stone from Hiep Dưc river) Dscn0112[/url]

thientrakieu

Back to top Go down

Merry Christmas and happy new year!( stone from Hiep Dưc river) Empty Re: Merry Christmas and happy new year!( stone from Hiep Dưc river)

Post  Chris Cochrane Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:17 pm

Hi Thientrakieu... Thank you for the Christmas greeting. I hope that you & your family enjoy this special season as well as our stone friends!

Can you share why the stone's 'wood seat' looks so distressed. Is the appearance intentionally crafted to suggest age or wear? Thanks for sharing.
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Merry Christmas and happy new year!( stone from Hiep Dưc river) Empty Re: Merry Christmas and happy new year!( stone from Hiep Dưc river)

Post  thientrakieu Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:07 am

Chris Cochrane wrote:Hi Thientrakieu... Thank you for the Christmas greeting. I hope that you & your family enjoy this special season as well as our stone friends!

Can you share why the stone's 'wood seat' looks so distressed. Is the appearance intentionally crafted to suggest age or wear? Thanks for sharing.

Dear Chris Cochrane,
This is a new stone. I used an old wood seat to put it on. Please forgive me if this is wrong. I have no intention to suggest its age. Thanks a lot.

thientrakieu

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Cochrane Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:07 pm

Hi Thientrakieu... Thank you for sharing. I hope to learn from the variety of expressions in stone appreciation that occur on IBC.

The closely-fitted socket appears expertly re-carved for the new stone!

Was the stand originally crafted for display of a single stone? Are old or used stands commonly available for re-fitting stones?

If the stand is not intended to express "age," what should I 'feel' or 'think' about its pairing with the stone. Do the seat's top steps with low-rise & wide-tread have significance beyond decoration?

Are objects other than stones commonly fitted with similar seats in your region?
Chris Cochrane
Chris Cochrane

Back to top Go down

Post  thientrakieu Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:01 am

Chris Cochrane wrote:Hi Thientrakieu... Thank you for sharing. I hope to learn from the variety of expressions in stone appreciation that occur on IBC.

The closely-fitted socket appears expertly re-carved for the new stone!

Was the stand originally crafted for display of a single stone? Are old or used stands commonly available for re-fitting stones?

If the stand is not intended to express "age," what should I 'feel' or 'think' about its pairing with the stone. Do the seat's top steps with low-rise & wide-tread have significance beyond decoration?

Are objects other than stones commonly fitted with similar seats in your region?
I hope you will understand through these pictures. The old wood seat was used for a small stone. I repaired it for this stone.
the wood seat was repaired for this stone.
Merry Christmas and happy new year!( stone from Hiep Dưc river) Dscn0210
The back side of this stone :
Merry Christmas and happy new year!( stone from Hiep Dưc river) Dscn0211

thientrakieu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down