Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just HOW cold is it going to get this winter

+8
Hawaiian77
Todd Ellis
Paul B (Scotland)
alex e
Ed van der Reek
Storm
fiona
Hans van Meer.
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Just HOW cold is it going to get this winter - Page 2 Empty Re: Just HOW cold is it going to get this winter

Post  Todd Ellis Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:09 am

We have had low overnight temps "hovering in the -6c to -9c range for a couple of weeks now. Our coldest was -12c. Average day time temps range in the -1c to 5c. Will, your passion vine snow snake w/ moon photo is lovely.
Salut, Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Just HOW cold is it going to get this winter - Page 2 Empty Re: Just HOW cold is it going to get this winter

Post  Hawaiian77 Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:42 am

After looking at all of your posting of how cold it is and all of the snow..... All I can say is "Lucky I Live In Hawaii!!" If possible, I'll try to send y'all some sunshine!! sunny sunny sunny Dance

A Hui Hou,
-Tim Cool
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:42 am

Hi Hawaiian

When I am close to my stove, I can imagine the sunshine, you send this way Very Happy .....this night we had beleow 22.5 degress Shocked .

Hi Paul Burke

Your trees are possible stuck to the stand/table outside, so they will be close to impossible to mowe.
If I wanted to thaw up a tree, I would place it indoor, in a dark corner, in a cold room.

Very kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravi Kiran Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:21 am

Looking at all the pictures and reading through all the posts reminds me of a song by John Denver called SUNSHINE.

To all IBC members and especially those who are in icy conditions...

"IF I HAD A WISH THAT I COULD WISH.... THEN I'd WISH SUNSHINE ALL THE TIME" or something like this...

Smile is a good substitute for sunshine sunny

Keep Smiling
Ravi

Ravi Kiran
Ravi Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul B (Scotland) Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:57 am

Here is where I keep my trees. It has a clear plastic roof to allow light in. I covered the front with bubble wrap and plastic to keep out the worst of the cold winds.

Just HOW cold is it going to get this winter - Page 2 Pc220010

My trees on the shelves inside. Every pot is frozen solid !

Just HOW cold is it going to get this winter - Page 2 Pc220011

Paul B (Scotland)
Paul B (Scotland)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:21 am

I am still happy to say my trees has not been frozen yet. about 1-2 degrees.
They have no light at all, also the evergreens is kept in the dark....last year they vere in the cellar for 4 months, and the pines was looking exacly the way they vere, when I placed them there....the roots had grown very nice, but the tree above, looked as it had been sleeping....no veak collour, and no growth.
You can see my cellar in my tread "hybernation" ( did I spell this right?)

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:23 pm

Sorry Paul Burke

"Hibernation" it was Embarassed I was too fast.....

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:21 pm

We did have -20c on the island of funen Denmark, also did see my trip to my parents in Belgium today disapear on the slippery Danish highway, at the moment its snowing again Evil or Very Mad

Well however I wish you all a merry x-mass and a great 2011.

Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Just HOW cold is it going to get this winter - Page 2 Empty how cold is it going to get this winter

Post  john5555leonard Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:12 am

hi,merry christmas everybody, bit late i know been having problems with google out here. i know what you mean about the weather its our cool season now , drops to 15 c at night, but gets up to about 28c when the sun comes out . not been able to use the pool for a month. seriously though watch the escallonia,s with those temps you re having in the uk, i lost one about 10 yrs ago because i moved house and had no winter protection and it dropped to -15 for 2 weeks , the leaves browned off and it did,nt survive .i certainly dont miss the english winters. regards john

john5555leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  Morea Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:17 am

Dear all

After Christmas Greetings from The Netherlands
santa

The temps go up and down here almost by the day.
We had -13*C and + 4*C
AND a lot of snow !!!!!
At the moment its around 0*C and forcast is -9*C in 2 days.
Like to show some winter impressions.
Kind regards
Morea

Winterwalk with doggie and oldest son :
Just HOW cold is it going to get this winter - Page 2 Dec-2010

In the garden :
Just HOW cold is it going to get this winter - Page 2 Winter10

Morea
Morea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2