willow leaf ficus

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: willow leaf ficus

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:05 am

fiona wrote:
jun wrote: Do show me the night life too. I'm sure you still have the adventure in you, hehehe.
Ah Jun, you'd never be able to keep up. Wink

When are you coming to Scotland to see a real climate challenge. Although I suspect you and I have one thing in common climatically: lots of rain.

Ever since I watched "Braveheart"... Scotland then became my dream country to visit someday, I hope nothing much has change since that movie.

I'm telling you, your rain is just like a shower in a tub compared to our rain here. It's like Niagara falls on steroid here from May to September.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:02 pm

I hope nothing much has change since that movie.

These days, the men wear something under their kilts. Otherwise . . .

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:17 pm

JimLewis wrote:
I hope nothing much has change since that movie.

These days, the men wear something under their kilts. Otherwise . . .

...otherwise...Scotland will once again be freed from the clout of the English.......fashion! Freeeeeeedooooooom! Bagpiper Bagpiper

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:52 pm

Hi John

You do not have to invest a lot of money, to give your ficus-bonsai nice conditions.

I keep my trees small, and you can see, I have no fan and so on, also is my greenhouse small and inexpensive. The humid tent in my window is not that pretty, but it works, and inside, I find my own little paradise.

You can see my trees, and read about them, on the tread " ficus in the cold north" Also is " ficus Benjamina, an old friend" worth reading.

Hi Jim Lewis

I like the work you did with your ficus.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

willow leaf ficus

Post  moyogijohn on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:33 pm

Hello Yvonne,,Thank you for posting the set up you have for your trees...looks like that will take care of themgood..icouldn,t see what kind they were but they looked happy...take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Dale Cochoy on Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:42 am

I have quite a few small and large Nerifolia Ficus ( for a northern guy) and they do great.I continually tell folks that they are the best ficus IMO for northerners . Mine spend 7-8ish months inside under lights in racks in the basement or in windows upstairs. They do get scrappy looking by the beginning of April and are crying to get outside but when I get them out and cut them back I can practically watch them refoliate over night and they get ramified better each year. Don't get me wrong, they grow nothing like they do in Miami and repotting here does not consist of defoliating and sawing off all the roots and putting them in a 1" deep tray. But, they do pretty good.

D.

Dale Cochoy

Back to top Go down

willow leaf ficus

Post  moyogijohn on Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:57 am

THANK YOU Dale...Good to know that this trees will be ok here..mine is a small one but i like it...i almost never root prune my trees to the max. because i think they need more of a root system,,my opion,, also i am afraid i will take off two much!!! take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:27 pm

moyogijohn wrote:Hello Yvonne,,Thank you for posting the set up you have for your trees...looks like that will take care of themgood..icouldn,t see what kind they were but they looked happy...take care john
Dear Moyogijohn

Thanks for your kind words about my ficus.
In " ficus Benjamina, my old friend", will you find vise words written by Ravi.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:33 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum