Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chinese elm

3 posters

Go down

chinese elm Empty chinese elm

Post  jason Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:31 pm

Hi everyone,I have just been offered a 100 year old elm(estimated), for £40 pound sounds cheap i know but the seller was given it by a friend due to loosing interest and the new owner does not want it anymore and just wants rid!!my problem is that im in oxford and the tree is in scotland,so i was wondering if anybody new of any decent couriers that would be able to do this sort of trip and if it was worth it as i dont want to put the tree at unnessary risk of damage,as i cannot get too pick it up personally?any ideas appreciated,Jason

jason

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:44 pm

Hello Jason. It is unlikely the Chinese Elm is 100 years old. Some sellers inflate the age as it interests buyers. As long as the tree is packaged really well, eg, taped into the pot, pot secured in the box and stuffed with bubble wrap or polystyrene so it cant move about in the box, any courier can be used. The seller is responsible for packaging.

Back to top Go down

Post  jason Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:08 pm

Thank for the advice Will,I do believe the seller is genuine and selling due to lack of interest,and therefore unsure of the exact details of the tree,I have seen pictures and the tree looks healthy and according to the details given is 18 inches tall(not including pot),the ad doesnt specify collection or delivery so if i opted for courier would i then hold responsability?

jason

Back to top Go down

chinese elm Empty Re: chinese elm

Post  fiona Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:33 pm

I've just sent you a PM Jason.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  moyogijohn Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:22 pm

JASON,,,I do not know how much L40 in us dollars is?? I would like to see the tree but i am a elm lover so it sounds good to me..the tree must be pretty big or has been kept in a small pot..take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:12 am

John, it's about $63.5.

I've had a look at the tree and have given him appropriate feedback on it. IMHO it's a case of "just because it's cheap, doesn't mean it's a good deal". Don't want to steal Jason's thread but we've talked about some options.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  moyogijohn Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:25 am

JASON,,I posted because i am a elm tree lover..if FIONA has seen the tree she can help a lot!! She has helped me in the past with styleing very much..i would still like to see the tree if it is that old to see the size and branch placement ect. both take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down