Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonsai sold per kilo? ...or should it be art?

+2
hirow08
helmut_nittel
6 posters

Go down

Bonsai sold per kilo? ...or should it be art? Empty Bonsai sold per kilo? ...or should it be art?

Post  helmut_nittel Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:44 pm

Hello all!

To introduce myself: I´m the worker of Pius Notter and i was born for gardening especially pruning...

I love to follow the postings in this forum and the different perspectives of seeing a tree...
The longer I work with bonsai, the more I see that always more trees on expositions are really huge...

To be honest: one reason for me doing bonsai was because I love ancient trees that are telling stories in one picture and sometimes they are really big.

So I also like big trees but to me means the art of bonsai: making a small tree look big and ancient and to bring that together in a nice shape!

SO! now esthetic is wanted not size!

I´d really enjoy to see you post here some fotos of your best bonsai and your intentions why this is your best tree

greetz to all! yours Helmut!

NOTE: Please be objective (not because it was in grandma´s garden,...)! hold it short(er than I did Wink at least) !

helmut_nittel

Back to top Go down

Bonsai sold per kilo? ...or should it be art? Empty Bonsai sold per kilo? ...or should it be art?

Post  Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:15 am

Excellent idea Helmut. How about you starting the ball rolling......it was your idea after all?

Back to top Go down

Bonsai sold per kilo? ...or should it be art? Empty Re: Bonsai sold per kilo? ...or should it be art?

Post  hirow08 Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:01 am

I wonder what are his intentions.... scratch

People in this forum do not post to compete. They post to share their knowledge and experience, to help newbies like me gain ideas upon the progressions of their tree. From stump to an impressive bonsai.

hirow08

Back to top Go down

Bonsai sold per kilo? ...or should it be art? Empty Re: Bonsai sold per kilo? ...or should it be art?

Post  pongsatorn.k Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:36 am

hirow08 wrote:I wonder what are his intentions.... scratch

People in this forum do not post to compete. They post to share their knowledge and experience, to help newbies like me gain ideas upon the progressions of their tree. From stump to an impressive bonsai.

I,m agree with you Hirow

my opinion, I'm regard on both "art and size". I was finished study at fineart university and I must say size are important on both "small and big", big size art give powerful feeling, some kind of elements will not work if it is not regard on size. same way... small size arts give difference feeling as it is fine and also... some elements work well on small.

it yes or no... if no thing small-you will not see the big, and if no have big-you will not get feel of small?.

I have not seen, "who love to create huge bonsai sell his art by measure it weight". Laughing
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:35 pm

Gosh. I like "size" too.

Bonsai sold per kilo? ...or should it be art? Mini_t10
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  pongsatorn.k Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:56 pm

simple is best and less is more Very Happy
pongsatorn.k
pongsatorn.k

Back to top Go down

Post  helmut_nittel Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:18 pm

thanks for posting Jim! thats exactly what I ment!

Bonsai sold per kilo? ...or should it be art? P4205611

larix 3 years, 3 Inches hight flower

helmut_nittel

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:59 pm

Thought I'd post this one. First styling this year and I am happy with the result. Without the tape measure, this tree gives the impression of being much larger than it is.Bonsai sold per kilo? ...or should it be art? Img_0148

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:39 pm

It's hard to say which of my bonsai children is the best or favorite, but I really like this small one - It's been my friend for over 11 years.
Willow Leaf Ficus in a pot and stand I made too. Cool The trunk - tachigari and nebari along with the sillhouette of the tree capture a large tree in only 8.5 inches

Bonsai sold per kilo? ...or should it be art? Shohin10
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:56 pm

Hirow is right... so lets just post some of the smallest.

this is one of my small tree

Bonsai sold per kilo? ...or should it be art? Dsc_1921

Bonsai sold per kilo? ...or should it be art? Dsc_1922

regards,
jun
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:14 pm

Not quite ready for prime time, Jun. Needs more foliage, needs that branch stump eliminated. Nicely planted, however.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  helmut_nittel Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:44 pm

... thanks for your impressions guys! everybody keep on posting!

This is no competition!!! just don`t forget to write the reasons why you like them...

Every foto you post with a reason why might give somebody else a clue why he likes his`s and is an ispiration even if you don`t think so!

The more you see the faster you learn...

helmut_nittel

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:34 pm

Hello Helmut, Folks,

my first and favourite small leaf Fukien tea, mother of all my small leaf Fukiens. Got this in 94 from Woodgreen nursery, somewhere around London. It was a tiny 3 inches in a bottle glass green export glazed Chinese pot. Something about the shrub appealed to me, and I bought it. I think I also wanted to save it from eventual death in a cold climate.

The stand is also special, supposedly imported into Livorno, Italy in the late 60's from an Antique shop.Very heavy and naturally dark reddish wood. Well turned and jointed. I have only 3 or so other stands for Bonsai.

Always brings me joy.
Khaimraj

* The more you see, the faster you learn is also called --- Espionage - ha ha

* Small oil paintings can also feel like big oil paintings- need an example ?

Bonsai sold per kilo? ...or should it be art? Fuk10
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:40 pm

Khaimraj Seepersad wrote:Hello Helmut, Folks,

* Small oil paintings can also feel like big oil paintings- need an example ?

Bonsai sold per kilo? ...or should it be art? Fuk10

Sure let's see.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:00 am

Hiya Rob,

enjoying the Bonsai Book.
See the work of Adam Elsheimer via Google Search.
Later.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down