Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Alex and Alexandra and anyone else

3 posters

Go down

For Alex and Alexandra and anyone else Empty For Alex and Alexandra and anyone else

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:47 pm

Hello Alex and Alexandra,

thought I might share this with you two and the group. A small piece of land overlooking the eastern sea coast [ only 12,000 square feet [ 3,660 m?] a rectangle on the side of a hill.

Pillars, base of floors / foundation cast by a work crew. Bricks, plastering and terrazzo floors, painting, louvres self-done by my friend and myself, as well as all outdoor concrete casting.

Main house - 15 x 25 feet [ 4.6 m x 7.62 m ] 2 floors with concrete walk out top as roof. 4 bedrooms one bath and 1 balcony on the second floor..
Second building - 12 x 15 feet [ 3.7m x 7.62 m ]

Started 2002, and should be finished in 2012.

Alexandra, it is based on a Greek island house. chuckle.

Temporary trees for locking the clay soil, are up and you can no longer get a clear shot of the house.
Will have a waterfall and pond, also has an artificial mound. Fukien tea hedge.
Comments yay or nay, as you wish - as an architect friend told me - painters tend to be efficient in use of space or minimal as you wish - chuckle.
Enjoy.
Khaimraj

image removed

Last edited by Khaimraj Seepersad on Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removal)
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

For Alex and Alexandra and anyone else Empty Re: For Alex and Alexandra and anyone else

Post  my nellie Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:24 pm

Khaimraj, thank you for sharing!
At first congratulations to you and your friend for your efforts to build a house all by yourselves. My parents have done this in the past. This is not the easiest thing but this is not impossible, too.
Indeed, the design reminds strongly greek islands' houses.
Here are some photos of a unique greek construction found on the island of Tinos exclusively. These are the dovecotes for their pigeons. Amazing, isnt' it???

For Alex and Alexandra and anyone else 4504-normal For Alex and Alexandra and anyone else 4505-normal

For Alex and Alexandra and anyone else 498-normal For Alex and Alexandra and anyone else 4501-normal

Just to tempt you for future designs or any sidelines.... Very Happy

PS: 12000 sq. feet corresponds to 1115 sq. meters approximately.
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

For Alex and Alexandra and anyone else Empty Re: For Alex and Alexandra and anyone else

Post  Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:26 pm

Is this your house Khaimraj?

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:07 pm

Alexandra,

thanks for looking. Sorry, my use of the metric is mostly short distances and the large measurements used by the land folk tends to be in feet and inches.

Like those pigeons' homes!

I am doing a second smaller one next year, houses at the beach, tends to make many "friends" Laughing

The smaller structure is about to get a ferrocement dome and if I could I would have made the second smaller structure for next year as a dome as well.
I like to draw and then build - ha ha.
Thanks again.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:10 pm

Hello Jun,

this is my beach house. I live on the western side of the island. Hope that doesn't come off too arrogant, apologies.
Khaimraj

Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:07 am

Alex, Alexandra,

my floors have 5 images, and 2 are done so far.
This is the colour master for the floor. When it is polished I will leave the floor's image. A blend of terrazzo and coloured cement.
Khaimraj

image removed

Last edited by Khaimraj Seepersad on Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removal)
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:47 am

who's doing the painting? it's going to nice. do share the outcome later.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:09 am

Not painting Jun,

filling with coloured concrete. Think of the black terrazzo strips and how the terrrazzo chips are later set inside the strips. I have changed the black strips to coloured strips to match each figure or rock or other. Then coloured concrete is poured, levelled, cured and polished by machine and then wax in mineral spirits is applied for another polish.

All done by Khaimraj and friend, floor 3 is half done, but requires what we call shadow patterns added in as well.
Each floor is different and more challenging.

Floor will probably be finished by July as I have other situations to deal with.
Thanks for looking.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:29 pm

Very interesting!
Being occupied with this project means you have less time for your bonsais? Smile

In case that this painting is a representation of some kind of mythical persons and monsters, I would like to say that we Greeks have a similar myth. That of Hercules and nephew Iolaos fighting the mythical aquatic monster Hydra of lake Lerni.
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:19 pm

Hello Alexandra,

Merry Christmas !

Actually it is man the scholar, drawing the dragon and phoenix into reality. I used the dragon as a symbol of imagination, and added on the legend of bright pearl with the phoenix [ the large feather leaving the image. ]

Less time for Bonsai - not at all, the babies are just fine.

Yes, I know the Greek Mythology decently well, and sometimes spend time looking into the history of various gods / goddesses to see where they evolved from and what they originally meant.
Thanks for looking.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawaiian77 Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:08 am

Howzit Khaimraj,

What kind of trees are these that are growing in front of your house? It looks like something that grows here on Maui.

A Hui Hou,
-Tim Cool

For Alex and Alexandra and anyone else House_10
Hawaiian77
Hawaiian77

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:36 am

Tim,

I think it is - Leucaena - I grew them to bind the clay soil, to help dry it out, as the land was totally destroyed and had to have a layer of compost rebuilt. Presently, I am removing them for use as cheap lumber for chairs, and allowing the slower permanent trees to re-grow.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down