Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Alex - Ogie

2 posters

Go down

For Alex - Ogie  Empty For Alex - Ogie

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:25 am

Hello Alex,

hope you are well.

I read your comment in- Newbie Bonsai Owner.

You can grow some cold weather trees in the tropics. If they can handle 30 deg.c temperatures for spring / summer/ autumn, and only need a cold/light induced rest -------> use a refrigerator.

Take the young whips from China, or the lower US or the Mediterranean near sea zones or Africa, the UK and Europe are too cold all year long, no hot summers like the US for example.
Maybe from the Isle of Wight.

I had a sloe from seed from the Isle of Wight, for 3 years which didn't even need a refrigerator, but the neighbour's cats got it. It was a sad morning.

I intend to build a coldroom to try a few of the cooler species, nothing too tall, say 15 inches [38 cm ] and under. Memories of life away.
Stay Well.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

For Alex - Ogie  Empty Re: For Alex - Ogie

Post  ogie Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:47 pm

Hi Khaimraj.
How's life at your end,me?pretty much the same,long time no hear Smile thanks for the idea,but sometimes here on our end we could reach up to 38+ a bit hot,fridge is fine but i will just watch with envy at the thread cause am sure i won't grow it as well,but on the brighter side,our trees are as lovely to grow.keep in touch my friend

Regards,
Alex
ogie
ogie

Back to top Go down