Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kunio Kobayashi's Bonsai Geijitsu, Second Edition

5 posters

Go down

Kunio Kobayashi's Bonsai Geijitsu, Second Edition Empty Kunio Kobayashi's Bonsai Geijitsu, Second Edition

Post  jrodriguez Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:16 pm

Hello forum members,

Many of you already have a copy of Kunio Kobayashi's first edition of Bonsai Geijitsu. The first book gives you a panoramic view into Mr. Kobayashi's bonsai world, including trees that are his own and several that belong to his students and clients. Recently, the second installment to his books series has been published. This time around, Mr. Kobayashi takes us on a journey to ancient China, showing us an infinite variety of antique Chinese bonsai pots. In a separate chapter, he also includes old Japanese pottery. Classifying them in color and glaze type, Mr. Kobayashi shows us some excellent examples and offers a bit of history behind every piece. In my opinon, this book must be a part of every serious enthusiast and collector. Below, the cover picture and an autographed copy

Kunio Kobayashi's Bonsai Geijitsu, Second Edition Kunio10

Kind regards,

Jose Luis

Last edited by jrodriguez on Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Kunio Kobayashi's Bonsai Geijitsu, Second Edition Empty Re: Kunio Kobayashi's Bonsai Geijitsu, Second Edition

Post  Russell Coker Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:47 pm

jrodriguez wrote: This time around, Mr. Kobayashi takes us on a journey to ancient China, showing us an infinite variety of antique Chinese bonsai pots. Classifying them in color and glaze type, Mr. Kobayashi shows us some excellent examples and offers a bit of history behind every piece.

In English - or do we just get to admire the pictures? I can't tell what's at the bottom of that middle picture. Who is selling the book, where do we get a copy?
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Kunio Kobayashi's Bonsai Geijitsu, Second Edition Empty Re: Kunio Kobayashi's Bonsai Geijitsu, Second Edition

Post  jrodriguez Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:09 pm

Russel,

I am sorry for the poor picture. The book does have english translations. I apologize for not including this in my original essay. You can get a copy from Mr. Yoshihiro Nakamitsu. Go to the Bonsai Network Japan site www.j-bonsai.com .

Kind regards,

Jose Luis
jrodriguez
jrodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Kempinski Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:49 pm

Darn and I haven't even finished looking at his first book. Very impressive.
Rob Kempinski
Rob Kempinski

Back to top Go down

Post  sulrich Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:50 pm

Hi,

Wow, that sounds like a must have for pot lovers, especially if there's English text too! Thanks a lot for the announcement!

Best regards,
Stefan
sulrich
sulrich

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:46 pm

Got my copy and signed to me by Kobayashi san Very Happy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down