Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BURRS 2010

+20
Storm
Nik Rozman
Bob Brunt
landerloos
Morea
Kev Bailey
Pavel Slovák
graham walker
Paul B (Scotland)
Rob Kempinski
Antonio Gesualdi
bonsai monkey
BLM
littleart-fx
Jeremy
Stone Monkey
Hans van Meer.
F. Waheedy
Harleyrider
chris
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

BURRS 2010 - Page 3 Empty Re: BURRS 2010

Post  Kev Bailey Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:07 pm

Steady on, Monkey, I'll have to move this to Off Topic Banter! Laughing
Kev Bailey
Kev Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Kennedy Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:52 am

This was quite simply the best burrs yet,Pavel done a amazing bit of work on Faisal's yew which was a bit of a dog before hand,and super Mario changed my bonsai world,the man is a genius,cheers Tony.
Lee Kennedy
Lee Kennedy

Back to top Go down

Post  bonsai monkey Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:31 pm

I agree Lee, I re-read the thread and veiwed all the video footage and it seems that this year, once again, has produced some top notch tree for now and the future. We are so lucky in this country to have someone as dedicated as Tony organise this Burr-nansa of Bonsai for hobbiest and hardcore alike. Thank you Tony, and your family and loyal group of helpers, for such a wonderful event.

Kev Bailey wrote:Steady on, Monkey, I'll have to move this to Off Topic Banter! Laughing
Sorry Kev, I do need to keep check on my "humourous" posts. It won't happen again,

Regards,
Simon
bonsai monkey
bonsai monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:42 pm

Lee
I agree Mario is definitely a wonderful artist he transformed my Scotty big time and I love the tree now, pure genius he is definitely a world class Bonsai artist

Regards

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  chris Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:24 am

Hi all,
I have been asked to post a big big thank you for a magic weekend from Bob and Gerwyn ( both unable to post at the moment) They send there regards and thanks to everyone envolved

Regards Bob and Gerwyn
chris
chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Harleyrider Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:45 pm

A huge Thanks in return to both Beaver (nee Makita) Bob and Gerwyn for all their help and advice over the weekend. In fact, you can add the rest of the Welsh contingent to that, cheers lads ThumbsUp
Harleyrider
Harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Morea Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:23 pm

Dear all

It is me again Very Happy , with my photoos from the wonderfull Burrs this Year.

My son and me , in the train from Birmingham to Manchester.
2 hours out off the plane , excited to what the burrsweekend will bring !
BURRS 2010 - Page 3 Burrs-10

The friday evening , after lots of love ,hugs, happiness,brown cow meal we
could choose a tree on which we would work during the weekend.
A larch , medium hight , chunky with very few branches.
Inspiring tree , with a lot to tell as it may accure on first sight !
BURRS 2010 - Page 3 Burrs-11
BURRS 2010 - Page 3 Burrs-12

After some visions and drawings we hade decided for a first direction.
In the evening Pavel also arrived !
He looked , got twinkeling eyes , smiled and made a small drawing
on one of our drawings , showed directions , movements and ideas Very Happy

Dear Pavel ,
at that friday night i did not understand at all what way the tree was going.
i was just confused and loved Your little drawing ! Very Happy

The next morning , HHHAAHHAAA , BONSAIIIIIIIIIIII
May the photoos speak for themself.
The first guided steps in the new world of BONSAI Very Happy
Dear Chris ,
Thank You so much for the support and teaching,
my son was delighted !!
BURRS 2010 - Page 3 Burrs210
BURRS 2010 - Page 3 Burrs211
Morea
Morea

Back to top Go down

Post  Morea Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:37 pm

It was wonderfull to be at Burrs again and i would like to thank
You all so much I love you
It was also very nice to meet new bonsaifriends,
For me specially Harleyrider , Paul Burck, Pavel and Kuba Very Happy

Here are a few more photoos
EnJoy
Kindest regards
Morea

BURRS 2010 - Page 3 Burrs212
BURRS 2010 - Page 3 Burrs213
BURRS 2010 - Page 3 Burrs214

Morea
Morea

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul B (Scotland) Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:13 am

BURRS photo's finally off my camera. It seems like so long ago.............

As a first timer at BURRS I wasn't sure what to expect, despite trying to get some inside info from Fiona a few days before the event. Shocked

I learned more at BURRS in 2 days than I have from reading any book on Bonsai. The enthusiasm and knowledge of those attending was incredible. The quality of material worked on was top class and for me really highlighted the importance of getting good stock to work with.

I'd recommend the event to anyone serious about bonsai. I now just have to get the right material to go again

Very Happy

BURRS 2010 - Page 3 Pb060010

BURRS 2010 - Page 3 Pb060011

Morea wiring
BURRS 2010 - Page 3 Pb060012

Jerry hard at work on a wee one
BURRS 2010 - Page 3 Pb070010

Notice that Andy, Lee and Simon are blissfully unaware of the bonsai genius dancing round Andy's Pine. Mario moved so much I couldn't get him in focus !
BURRS 2010 - Page 3 Pb060013

Steve (Harleyrider), clearly breaking the 'only 1 tree in the room at one time' rule. I count 4 on the table in front of him, and he's propping up that table with a bloody huge lump of privet on the floor ! They say that bonsai rules are there to be broken - Steve has taken this literally, here is the evidence
BURRS 2010 - Page 3 Pb060014

Pavel in a blur
BURRS 2010 - Page 3 Pb060015

Morea, Me and Weik. It was truly great to meet you Morea - I hope we can meet again soon. I now have to get one of your pots for my collection ! Weik - it was great to meet you too, you're a cool guy!
BURRS 2010 - Page 3 Pb070011

Pavel and me. Pavel - it was a great experience for me to see you work on the trees. I was amazed at the speed you work and how you can see an image in a tree so well. Your posts on IBC are always of the highest quality and always inspirational. It was a pleasure to meet you and your son and Mirek.
BURRS 2010 - Page 3 Pb070012

Mario and me. Mario - you are one of the coolest guys on the planet. Amazing talent and so down to earth. Your talk through some of your trees progressions was fantastic.
BURRS 2010 - Page 3 Pb070013

Peter Landerloos in Tony's garden beside the big Hawthorn.
Peter - You made me laugh so much over the weekend, I really hope we can meet again soon.
BURRS 2010 - Page 3 Pb060016

BURRS was about friendship, meeting fellow enthusiasts, top class material, world class artists, bucketloads of knowledge and advice, good food and a few drams of whisky to wash it all down.

Thanks again to Terry Foster - I probably learned more from you than I did from anyone else. Your patience with me while you were teaching me to wire my Pine deserves a medal !

Tony - Thanks for a great event and the gift from your very inspirational garden (you really need to update your website Razz )
Paul B (Scotland)
Paul B (Scotland)

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:45 am

I have still got withdrawl sypmtoms Crying or Very sad
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  landerloos Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:03 am

Stone Monkey wrote:I have still got withdrawl sypmtoms Crying or Very sad

Drink a whiskey and the shaking wil stop monkey boy Twisted Evil Wink

Peter
landerloos
landerloos

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:19 am

Stone Monkey does have withdrawal symptoms, but for me the symptoms are all added up to "Daydreamer's Great Expectation"
Thank you for sharing all this friendly atmosphere. You are all amazing!
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:08 pm

Burrs 2010 was a great event and next year is already in the planning the date is November 4/5/6 2011. I have had enquiries from Cyprus, the USA and Denmark already for next year.

I have had a debrief with a few participants and NEW items that will be introduced next year include: A bonsai/material auction on Saturday evening. Free Limited edition Shirts for all participants "I survived Bonsai@Burrs 2011" (with appropriate cartoon) and an even more gourmet experience on Saturday night.

We have 12 people registered already... So if you want to come make sure you get your place booked soon by emailing carolyn@tickle.co.uk

Last edited by tony on Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  matt addie Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:03 pm

Hi All,

I know I've not been present much on the IBC of late (life has a nasty habit of getting in the way), but I wanted to take the opportunity here to add my thoughts on Burrs 2010.

As always, Tony and Carolyn have done a top notch job of bringing together like minded people from many different places to share in this fantastic event. The amount of work involved must be enormous - not least the feeding on many hungry mouths! - and without that passion and commitment none of us would have a Burrs to attend at all.

I had the great pleasure of having Mario help me out and do a first styling on my cork oak (pictures may follow when I have finished wiring and my garden defrosts!). This tree has a special value to me as it was a present from my long-suffering wife (I also know it was special to it's previous owner who is keen to hear of it's progess), and that value has now been augmented as it embodies the memories of another fantastic Burrs weekend and the work of Mario. As I am still quite new to bonsai, I felt that Mario was extremely patient with me as I tried to prep my tree and he obviously has a great passion to teach others. I found him to be absolutely inspirational and I hope we will meet again at some point in the future.

Having seen much of Pavels here on the IBC, it was a delight to see him work in real life both in the Saturday night demo and throughout the weekend - masterful work!

It was also great to see many familiar faces (including Terry Foster, who's work desrves a wider audience!) and to meet many new ones - after the organisation, it's the people that make the Burrs event what it is for me and that is very special. I'm also indebted to Simon - without his van, I would never have got my trees to Burrs, nor would I have suffered the worst hangover I've had in 10 years ... but it was well worth it!

Well done and huge thanks to everyone for another Burr-illiant bonsai weekend!

Cheers

Matt
matt addie
matt addie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3