Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Karate Kid" Remake

+2
JimLewis
Robert J. Baran
6 posters

Go down

"Karate Kid" Remake Empty "Karate Kid" Remake

Post  Robert J. Baran Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:47 am

Just discovered the following: a remake of "The Karate Kid" is in production in Beijing with Jackie Chan in the role of the karate teacher/bonsai master and Jaden Smith as the "teen who's being harassed by bullies and is in need of both philosophical guidance and some sweet self-defense moves." Just a few adjustments to the original story are necessarily being made... Release date is 2010. "Penjing Pal"? "Penzai Punk"? It WILL bring some depiction of our art/interest to more people. Hope it isn't too out-there.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1155076/

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b78966_new_karate_kid_getting_kick_out_of.html?sid=rss_topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories
Robert J. Baran
Robert J. Baran

Back to top Go down

"Karate Kid" Remake Empty Penjing puppy

Post  JimLewis Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:43 pm

Oh my. That's scary. Almost every how-did-you-get-involved-in-bonsai thread I've seen is filled with gushy messages saying how they became avid bonsaiests because of that silly movie.

Be prepared.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

"Karate Kid" Remake Empty Re: "Karate Kid" Remake

Post  Ian Warhurst Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:45 pm

Almost every how-did-you-get-involved-in-bonsai thread I've seen is filled with gushy messages saying how they became avid bonsaiests because of that silly movie.
does it really matter how people get into bonsai, particularly young people in this day and age Wink

Ian

Ian Warhurst

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:08 pm

does it really matter how people get into bonsai, particularly young people in this day and age

Of course not. But we'll have to plan to cope with all the "my-juniper's-needles-are-brown-is-there-any-hope?" questions, and how to diplomatically handle all the proud pictures of those awful "S"-curve (or "Z"-curve) Chinese elm malsai, and go though the Superthrive and water-drops-as-magnifying-glass-type issues that always come up when the sport of bonsai gets a rash of (probably mostly short-lived) participants.

So . . . be prepared.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Wm Tom Davis Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:44 pm

JimLewis wrote:But we'll have to plan to cope with all the "my-juniper's-needles-are-brown-is-there-any-hope?" questions, and how to diplomatically handle all the proud pictures of those awful "S"-curve (or "Z"-curve) Chinese elm malsai, and go though the Superthrive and water-drops-as-magnifying-glass-type issues that always come up when the sport of bonsai gets a rash of (probably mostly short-lived) participants.

So . . . be prepared.

Regardless of who the "sport"ing are, I would welcome them, in that you never know which one of them will continue and grow artistically in Bonsai.

I wouldn't think of it as being diplomatic and coping at all (words with such a negative ring). Bonsai is an artistic tradition that is passed on. What a great way to continue that tradition, and get them involved with bonsai clubs and other activities.

Besides, with the economy heading the way it is, many companies that serve budding bonsai artists could definitely use the business.
Wm Tom Davis
Wm Tom Davis

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Heath Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:37 pm

Yes, another influx of new people will give a welcomed jolt to the art, as well as the business. This is assuming that the same emphasis is put on bonsai in the remake.....?

Will
Will Heath
Will Heath

Back to top Go down

Post  guy ward Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:13 am

aahh so!

guy ward

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content