traditional for Khaimraj

View previous topic View next topic Go down

traditional for Khaimraj

Post  Guest on Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:55 pm

IBC and Khaimraj,

two of my traditional trees for you my friend and for the other traditional people,

this is a local cherry...can you identify the latin name (sorry to ask here in bonsai)

the leaves

the other tree...
Pithecellobium dulce

jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Re: traditional for Khaimraj

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad on Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:24 pm

Hiya Jun,

sorry for not replying immediately, it's a public holiday here today. Divali [ Deepalli ] . My friend is here helping with the images I am putting up and we are fabricating my new bonsai stands. The ones I have presently are iron and handle two trees back to back. I need to shift to a narrower stand only 1 foot [ 30 cm ] or so, to force me to look at the trees as individuals. Will send an image later on today.

Ligustrum ? Flacourtia ?

I am afraid, we need Jose again. I can't tell what the first tree is, but the second we have growing wild.

I believe I just a few months ago pulled up a - Pithecellobium unguis-cati - to test, not sure. It's got a shape but very thin. I may show it to you, it is thin. Embarassed
Known as cat's claw, neighbour ten houses away has a hedge - hedge means any shape possible - chuckle.

Sorry, tried to get you a mature shrub image - no such luck - this mess will have to do - hope the link works .

Okay where does the traditional part come in ?

Having fun with me again Laughing

Good stock once again. If the first were a ligustrum you could do amazing things with the canopy.
Always great and creative efforts.

Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis on Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:42 am

The leaves look like Ligustrum vulgare or sometimes called "Common Privet". It produces small whtie/cream blooms and has small, hard berries which are almost black. Bird love them. I believe the berries are toxic to humans.
Salut, Todd

Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:54 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum